SP Musket Era Csatádi's Visual and Historical Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

@Csatàdi,

yes, it`s random. Cossacs declared on Sweden at abt. day 125. It was a very long peace period, that`s what made me think. Longer peace periods are by itself a good thing , IMO.
BTW, I still think that christian merc in Moslem territory are bad for immersion. Moslem mercs in the Commonwealth and Muscovy are OK.

Rgds, Oldtimer

@Oldtimer
Do you think on the Vlach horsemen? Both Vlach/Romanian principalities were vassals of the Ottomans. They are recruitable in the castles nearby the Principality of Moldavia. There were countless christian soldiers in the Ottoman armies.

@itruvor, Csatàdi

Orthodox mercs in Ottoman territory hailing from their christian vassals are OK. They are also OK in the Commonwealth as they did serve there. Abt. Muscovy I do not know. But generic christian mercs(like halberdiers) in Ottoman territory are not. Also, Crimea was Ottoman vassal.

Moslems serving in the Commonwealth/Muscovy were the subjects of those states. They did not recruit Moslems outside their borders unless allied with, say, Crimean Khanate as the Commonwealth was during the later stage of the "Deluge". Meaning you could RARELY find Tatar mercs in a Polish tavern, gamewise.

Rgds, Oldtimer

So you mean the mercenaries in taverns. There are three types of mercenaries so it was a guessing game so far. From taverns, merc camps, and from town centers.
Mercs from taverns aren't faction tied. They appear everywhere, regardless of culture. If you know about an OSP mod which solves the issue, please let me know, and I could apply it.

So you mean the mercenaries in taverns. There are three types of mercenaries so it was a guessing game so far. From taverns, merc camps, and from town centers.
Mercs from taverns aren't faction tied. They appear everywhere, regardless of culture. If you know about an OSP mod which solves the issue, please let me know, and I could apply it.
SRY,
do not know of any such OSP.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Commonwealth passivity.

After playing the latest ver of this mod I think that the Commonwealth is extremely passive, With one rare exception it just lies down and awaits oblivion.
And if you start "The Deluge" questline things go from bad to worse. I know they were in a very bad state during that period but still, not so damn useless as in the game.

Also, the replenishment of losses. The Khan while winning his wars has an army of 6 after a few battles. He owns Bakchisaray which is opulent and the Khanate is doing swell... Jan Kazimierz the same, starts with over 200 quality troops, is whittled down and can`t reinforce to more than 20-30 men total.
Sweden, Hetmanate and Muscovy have no trouble reinforcing though, no matter how the Khanate beats the snot out of them and takes settlements.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Yeah, the system was always clunky.
In my Polish campaing I cannot take back Warshaw because the Polish marshalls were on campaing without a minute rest. Now there is a pause but the lords suffered heavy losses thus pointless to gather them atm.

Yeah, the system was always clunky.
In my Polish campaing I cannot take back Warshaw because the Polish marshalls were on campaing without a minute rest. Now there is a pause but the lords suffered heavy losses thus pointless to gather them atm.

Hi,

an explanation to Commonwealth(and not only) difficulties may be constant changes of marshals, once after TWO days... It`s of course impossible to follow a coherent strategy under such circumstances. Especially if a marshal is dismissed after seven days in office while taking two castles during those... Can this flaw be rectified somehow?

Rgds, Oldtimer

But this would put hills on the borders. I made the flat borders exactly to avoid hills like these around the maps.

This mod adds very distant 2d hills for cool illusion of real world, without such fake horizons M&B scenes/maps feels like cut out from the world, its weird.

Hills are not okay. Hills are not present in the real world in this area.

Well, Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth has hills, its not completely flat...
Check this file, it adds nice horizons with distant trees to wfas

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D_Nlm65cAcmunpYGo5uV3boBEYAI93RV

Also check this out for more polish flora landscape stuff:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/polished-landscapes-released-news-pg-19.122423/
https://max3d.pl/forums/topic/75453-polished-landscapes-mountampblade-mod/

Yeah, this mod is cool. Thanks for the reminder.
I'm glad there are hills because it wasn't possible set completely flat random maps.
Some low distant 2d hills would be nice to hide flat scenes causing "cut out from world" feel, visible emptiness
behind borders.
Speaking of the scenes... could you add some more new scenes for towns, villages and castles to increase variety? I think that warband had more variety in that department, it was rare to see the same recycled scenes in warband, less dejavu.

Nice scenes mod:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...acement-pack-added-bariyye-30-12-2018.320580/

Sure, make some good scenes and I will add them. Not like these on the link but ones which would fit to the period and the area.
Adorno's wooden pack was added to the mod so the variety you can use increased greatly.

Polished landscapes cannot be used without permission. The author, gutek_fiutek was online last time in 2012, so no hope to get a permission. It's a pity.

Don't use this mod/objects/textures in other projects/mods without my permission.
Don't modify models or textures from this mod without my permission.

Back
Top Bottom