SP Musket Era Csatádi's Visual and Historical Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

I could add settlements but every new city and fort would make the campaing longer. Bigger is not always better. Sometimes it's just boring.
I'm not planning to add any big things.

Большая компания это хорошо,больше контента,больше удовольствия от игры
Big company is good, more content, more fun to play
Nagy cég jó, több tartalom, több móka játszani

Hello Csatadi!

I am greatly enjoying your mod. It brings WF&S to a whole new level. I have a question regarding the Cossack mercenary camp.

I wanted to upgrade a unit with better firearms and I noticed that the Rifled wheellock musket costs only half as much as regular wheellock musket. It's also quite cheaper than the two available carbines.

Is that intentional?

Thanks in advance!

Rad10 said:
I wanted to upgrade a unit with better firearms and I noticed that the Rifled wheellock musket costs only half as much as regular wheellock musket. It's also quite cheaper than the two available carbines.
Thanks. I'll check it.

Awww smack, it was not intentional :/

I did end up equipping my troops with the rifled version. Even though I had more than enough money to buy the more expensive guns, it still feels like an exploit. I gotta find a way to counter it.

Please let me know what you saw.

@Rad10
In the next version rifled muskets won't be available for any type of mercenaries. These were rare and expensive guns.

@OldGreyBeard
I'm glad you like it.

Is this still being worked on? Because I'd like to ask if you can fix the Horse Archer Ai with the script from Prophesy of Pendor mod. Or you can link me the source privately and I do it for myself.

Avareee said:
Is this still being worked on? Because I'd like to ask if you can fix the Horse Archer Ai with the script from Prophesy of Pendor mod. Or you can link me the source privately and I do it for myself.
If this fix is open source, please give a link.

Csatádi said:
Avareee said:
If this fix is open source, please give a link.

Here:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=366006.0
Makes the game much more playable. I can't imagine how it would make Dragoons so much more effective.

Avareee said:
Here:
Makes the game much more playable. I can't imagine how it would make Dragoons so much more effective.
Thanks. This is a cheat for the player and companions. You may export your character and give him/her as high shooting as you wish and import back. Same effect.

Csatádi said:
Avareee said:
Here:
Thanks. This is a cheat for the player and companions. You may export your character and give him/her as high shooting as you wish and import back. Same effect.
It is not just for companions, it is for every mounted-range unit. The Enemy-AI has it aswell.  It is in the spoiler box, the post just is titled as that, because it is used only for companions and some other "Elite" units in that mod.
Also you can check a gameplayfootage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRpiRkNL3e8
its not a cheat. I have used that script in Warband.

After many research the system of the swords seems more or less solved. We don't have access to the following books, even though these might contain interesting details. Some libraries have them, not only Swedish ones but I remember seeing it in German catalogs for example.
Svärdet Och Värjan Som Armévapen by Heribert Seitz 1955
Svenska Blankvapen del 2 by Olof Berg
If you have them, you may help us taking some photos or scans. Not all the books but the relevant pages. We don't speak Swedish but some players might help translating. Google translate might help in general cases, too.

Not only the Swedish but getting German sources is problematic as well. These would be used mainly for western styled Polish and Prussian troops.

I checked the guards holding halberd in hand animations many people suggested long ago. There is a stand_guard animation, and if I replace this with Jacobhinds relevant pike_loop animation, all guards get it not just the specific guard troops. Every troop can be a guard. You can see for example dragoons standing at gates. They would also stand in the halberd shaft holding animation. I can make a separate halberd weapon for guards but it's not possible to replace the weapons of common soldiers with prop weapons.
So when somebody solves this issue and gives the detailed explanation, I will implement it.

1.604 released. Not compatible with previous versions. It contains mostly bugfixes like mercenary hire.

Good Day, Csatádi!
Many thanks!
I looked forward to it !
There was a problem with the bludgeons and with the carpenter axe - can not be used neither in battle, nor when walking along the streets of cities.
And the bow - Peasant Bow - has excellent characteristics in speed and accuracy. Where are there already military bows to compete with him ...
:smile:

Permapeace for Sweden?

Day 105, Sweden is at peace. Not declaring war nor being attacked by anyone. Normal?
Started at war with the Commonwealth and Muscovy, peaced out successfully and then nothing.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Back
Top Bottom