SP Musket Era Csatádi's Visual and Historical Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

O.K. It's not that I consider it indispensable, it is just an idea of how to make it more realistic Cosacks and the artillery of the Tzars used it until during WW2 I think. Maybe other issues are more important :smile:

Another preview. I may change the simple straps, too.

feherszonyegtakaros.jpg

But maybe this horse looks like better with this barding

fehr2.jpg

Looks good, when can we expect a release of those latest additions?

I've been meaning to have a go at the Polish campaign for a while now, but I don't really want to switch versions in the middle of it...

can i please use the horses for my coming mod for WFaS? (Mount&Sabre) MULTIPLAYER.

jackx said:
Looks good, when can we expect a release of those latest additions?

I've been meaning to have a go at the Polish campaign for a while now, but I don't really want to switch versions in the middle of it...
Yes, I know very well the version changes are not good for running campaigns. Anyway, visual elements can be installed anytime.
It seems the formation mod control has some issues and the cavalry behave isn't perfect either. I hope Motomataru improves them because the present version is not good for a campaign. So I need to implement a better formation code or skip it entirely soon. I have a few free time currently but I might make some little visual changes till than.

Gambino said:
can i please use the horses for my coming mod for WFaS? (Mount&Sabre) MULTIPLAYER.
Not yet. I need to finish them at first.

If you're going for visual changes, you could always throw in a few of the new Sturmhauben... could look good on some of the Reiters, and of course on the player as well. :wink:

Absolutely. I'm waiting for Jan Tuma to create them. He makes things to the thirty years war and some of his items can be used in 1655. His burgonets with nasal are less suitable to our era but he will make closed burgonets, too. I hope.
Or do you know another project to use?

Anyway google search for Sturmhaube was surprizing  :lol:
http://www.google.hu/search?q=Sturmhauben&**=f&sugexp=chrome,mod%3D8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=hu&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=DLAdUK3mJof6sgaf6YHoDg&biw=1280&bih=845&sei=D7AdUP_lOIXhtQad74CQDQ#um=1&hl=hu&newwindow=1&safe=off&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Sturmhaube&oq=Sturmhaube&gs_l=img.3..0i19.14601.14601.0.14877.1.1.0.0.0.0.62.62.1.1.0...0.0...1c.lIVA9kbRzeg&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=22c84e9b7bf93852&biw=1280&bih=845

I could've told you that would happen, as in contemporary German, it's taken on the meaning of "balaclava" (which is itself not exactly the most logical or easily derived name for that piece of clothing). :wink:

I mentioned the Sturmhauben because I was on the nexus earlier today and they were in the news there as a pack... naturally, that means I could always just add them in myself, but lazy as I am, I thought I'd mention it here first.

JT's Sturmhauben @ M&B nexus

Edit:
While we're talking about stuff to add in, I'm looking around for a good partisan, preferably suitably for an NCO or officer... the ranseur that's in WFaS Enhanced isn't bad, but I'd prefer something a bit more flashy...

Another set of items from WFaS enhanced that could perhaps find their way into this mod as well are the Kazakh clothes, though I'm really not sure who'd wear them (in Enhanced, they're worn by Tatar Raiders, which feels odd).

His first closed burgonet is ready. I don't find the picture but it's a black and white styled helmet.
The Swedish used Hungarian helmets (name by Osprey) or reiters helmet (by wfas) instead of open burgonets.

Here's the taleworlds topic you may encourage him to make further items. :wink:
I sent my wishlist there. :grin:

Kazakh clothes
They are living far from the campaign map.

I would like the przewalski horse model from Deluge. Or I might do it myself.

good partisan
Let me know if you find a cool one.

Csatádi said:
Absolutely. I'm waiting for Jan Tuma to create them. He makes things to the thirty years war and some of his items can be used in 1655. His burgonets with nasal are less suitable to our era but he will make closed burgonets, too. I hope.
Or do you know another project to use?

Anyway google search for Sturmhaube was surprizing  :lol:
http://www.google.hu/search?q=Sturmhauben&**=f&sugexp=chrome,mod%3D8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=hu&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=DLAdUK3mJof6sgaf6YHoDg&biw=1280&bih=845&sei=D7AdUP_lOIXhtQad74CQDQ#um=1&hl=hu&newwindow=1&safe=off&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Sturmhaube&oq=Sturmhaube&gs_l=img.3..0i19.14601.14601.0.14877.1.1.0.0.0.0.62.62.1.1.0...0.0...1c.lIVA9kbRzeg&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=22c84e9b7bf93852&biw=1280&bih=845

Just want to say your mod is looking awesome. I was waiting for somebody to do a mod with a bunch of much needed various tweaks to mb, both big and small.

However, I have two suggestions/critics.

First of all, If I were you, I'd freely use all Burgonets from Jan Tuma's pack. Why? Wfas already borrows from all over the century. In fact, majority of the troops are a little bit more suited to TYW than they are for 1655. (Mainly the heavy armored two handers)

Another thing is - Please do not disable melee mode for muskets. Muskets WERE used in melee. Musketeers used them more than civil rapiers even. What is a civil rapier? A thick tiny sword prone to breaking, whereas a musket is a long, durable piece of blunt deadliness, often prefered over a rapier in melee, and certainly more effective against an armored foe. Broadswords and riding swords are another story.

Hi,
I might put 2 open burgonets one steel coloured and another black coloured. More is needless. But the closed burgonets are far more exciting. You have right, for example the metal colored reiter armors seem anachronistic to me. I have seen only Polish plate armors with metal color from the age. And even the Polish king, Kazimierz wears blackened armor on the paintings.

I disabled melee muskets mostly because of AI issues. I have seen a lot in my first campaign musketeers standing far from the enemy and parrying continuously. And the same with my companions parrying the big nothing on horseback. This was the main reason. If you can solve this I will put back melee muskets immediately.
Anyway it is very easy to do it with Morgh's editor.

I try to make only little changes avoiding bugs. Despite this the formation mod looks bugged and I need to remove it.  :???:

As I said, wfas borrows from all over the century, and an overwhelming number of troops could be considered anachronistic for 1655 and would need either a fashion rework or actual new equipment. Wfas devs didn't aim for strict historical accuracy, and I like it that way.

2 burgonets seems like a waste, make it at least three, so that we have at least one black & white one. :grin:

Unless we are misunderstanding each other and by closed burgonets you don't mean the armet-like ones but the ones with cheek armor and no face cover? :razz:

As for the formation mod - I personally never though a formation mod was needed for wfas, as wfas already had them.

The closed burgonet is closed because it has face plates. http://www.myarmoury.com/feature_spot_burgonet.php

I think using a lot of open burgonets is a waste because players would rather choose the closed one for higher armor rating.

As for the formation mod - I personally never though a formation mod was needed for wfas, as wfas already had them.
I never liked when enemy soldiers attack like mindless zombies. And when cavalry attacks leaving their infantry back. After playing Brytenwalda I know well the difference. The formation mod makes the battles better.

Well is there an item limit or something? Because otherwise I don't see the waste. But I share your sentiment about the closed burgonets/armets in general. You could say I have a fetish for those. :lol:

As for the formations -

Well, you may be right, but to be honest this isn't of big significance in wfas. In wfas, the enemy army will often walk in formation to a certain point where the AI deems it's close enough to charge, then it will charge. First the cav, enough to distract a couple of your soldiers and make your musketeers take aim for the cav, if the cav is strong enough, it will deal enough actual damage to the ranks too. Afterwards the foot infantry will close in rather unharmed while musketeers continuously fire from a distance.

It just works light years better in Wfas, but what you say certainly applies for Warband, where all the AI ever does is charge. Absolutely terrible.

I would implement Jan's closed burgonets only because they look better than vanilla armet and it was used more than burgonets with nasal.
I will remove the formations mod because it works wrongly.

Anyway did you discover the Cossack lords use the Tatar lord icon in the game? :smile:

I didn't give burgonets to any units and actually I'm not planning to do it either because of the lack of exact sources. Anyway I guess they used armets and not burgonets like in vanilla. So burgonets will be added just for the shops and maybe for some lords.

When I use better shader the armor looks ugly.

Back
Top Bottom