SP Musket Era Csatádi's Visual and Historical Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

That's another solution but I think the soldiers used rather sabres in melee and not their musket.

Thanks. I will correct every typos or poor English wording. Keep coming.

Btw do you have problems with the godless robbers? If it sounds strange you might suggest another attribute.

No problems with that description, seems rather fitting for a Scandinavian protestant during those times...

AFAIK, clubbed muskets were commonly used for melee (the issued sidearms frequently being of very low quality was a factor in this), but that's a predominantly western (30YW, ECW) perspective, and in the context of the game, sabres and swords works better.

Edit: With formations enabled, there are command GUI issues when selecting divisions, and it seems to somewhat overwrite WFaS formations/orders, making a relative mess of things.

I made these today therefore they aren't included in the last package.

New mongoloid face texture presented on Nogai's new face.
Anyway Crimean Tatars weren't mongolid only some of them. Thus I changed only 4-5 lord's faces to the new mongoloid texture and allowed for the soldiers as a 4th possibility. However all Kalmyk and Nogai soldiers will be mongolid.
nogaimongoloid.jpg

Winged Yushman. I didn't want to add wings to the best Tatar armor that's why the yushman.
I put it on 3 Tatar lords and it is available in Tatar shops.
frumraminta.jpg

or rather these feathers to make it a bit different than the hussars' wings...
mb72.jpg

Welcome in the world of mods. :grin:

It's very easy. Make a new folder anywhere and unzip the mod files there. Do the same with the bugfixer overwriting the files. Go into this folder and you find there another folder called 'Csatadi'. Copy this folder with all contents in Program Files\Mount&Blade With Fire and Sword\Modules\

When you start wfas you see a menu which is set to 'Native' by default. Click on it and set 'Csatadi'. You may install any number of mods this way and choose at the start which one to play.
Good gaming!

Thank's for your replay. Anfortunately I still have the problem. I had the game throo steam and I can ' t locate the files in program files menu. I 've sent a question on steam yesterday still waiting for an answer . Any sugestions? Thankyou anyway for your kindnes.

Copy paste this and you should find your WFaS mod folder :razz: .
C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\mount & blade with fire and sword\Modules
Or
C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\mount & blade with fire and sword\Modules

I made a new horse texture to the Tatar Lords on the campaign map:
tatrmapikon.jpg

I might recolor the player's icon, too, because I don't like the colors of the Ukrainian mail. I tried to make a new bandit and caravan leader map icon because the present ones don't suit to the 17th century but I don't know how to make vertex anims.

And after reading this site I considered to make an appaloosa horse based on Wanderer949's texture and wfas saddlery. It will be available in Poland and Sweden in the next release.

appaloosap.jpg

I did it and it works. I like it very much. Finaly some dicent sabers .. I also fancy the variety of new horses. I think sabers where actualy even beter thn straight swords in matters of cutting. I allso have some other notes:
  1) I baught an Akhal Teke horse by commision and it wasnt beter than the ones on the market. it is very beautyfull and i like it thow. Is the Arabic stalion worth its price or i should go for the spirited one on the markets?
2) during my first asalt on a fortres with the crimian army against cosacks i had some troops standing ground, dispite my repeted comands to charge, wich caused me a lot of casualtys.
  3) I think, if I am permited to say, that the turkish sheald was held in a defferent way. Most probably with the narrow part dawnwards beside the horses neck and the wide orizontal part fitting over the horses neck while carging with a lance.
Congratulations for your exellent work! I'm looking forward to further improvements.

I'm glad you like the horses it was fun to make them, too. :smile:

I read a book from a 17th century it says the swords cause bigger damage but the sabre is far quicker. Quicker means they were able strike far more compared to the sword wielding soldiers. And in real battles it doesn't matter if your opponent is dead or just seriously injured he won't strike back.

Price difference show something about the abilities of horses. The arab stallion has hp 130, man 56, sp 49 and need riding 4.
The thoughbred has hp 150, man 55, sp 50. Maybe I should show some stats because in the vanilla many special items were actually worse compared to the ones bought from merchants. An important change these horses wouln't lost their abilities while if you buy a spirited horse in shops and it gets killed sooner or later and it will lost the spirited attribute.

It seems the formation codes must be corrected or skipped entirely.

The Turkish shields were held like I corrected. It's not a guess. The long, narrow part defended the neck and the head.

The next version will contain the visual improvements I presented here, a lot of balancing, solutions for formations and such. For example national items. It means western hats can be bought only in swedish cities, polish dragon uniform only in polish cities etc. But the game is not playable if the formations works on the wrong way so a new bugfixer patch is urgent.
I met only bandits yet and I didn't experience these bugs there.

Edit: I discovered during the play wool cloth resource looks the same like linen. Thus in the next version I will differentiate them. The new cloth will be the colorful one. It's not my texture anyway just the creative use of the present one.
woolclothnew.jpg

Thank's for your answer I'm glad to know that you are allredy working on new emprovements. I can't wait to test them on the batlefild. I' d by evry tipe of horse ther is, I can't afford them yet thow..

By the way i think that national items could be found at any market as result of looting. They could be much more frequent in the countrys of origin but I think this happents allredy in your mod. 

Also I'm thinking that one should get more experience points wen winning a batle especialy against a famous comander. It is strange that you get more experience points just accompaning catle to a marcket than defiting the Tzar himself and I don't mean just by killing soldiers. It would be intresting , also , to be able to chalenge in duel enemy warlords before the main batle, and then give the possibility to retreat if deffited to each. I Hope I'm not annoying you very much.

Unfortunately I can't help you with that :sad:  ....I like very much the good cosack saber tempered or balanced . I'd like to put on the test some tempered good tatar saber. Is ther any such? ther arent many yatagans around nor good ones for the time being. It should be intresting some Bebut tipe duble cutting dagger for close combat.

This Bebut dagger is interesting. I have doubts if it would be really useful in the game but I don't know an existing model and texture anyway.
I would implement some decorated 3/4 armors and helmets by Jan Tuma. He will make a black&white armor but they went out of style to 1655. And he promised to make some feathers similar to this:

cuirassier_1596c.jpg

For the bebut check www.russianwarrior.com I'v seen some images of strait ones to, it could be useful in narrow spaces during assaults when many warriors are too close to swing other weapons. could it be possible to have storage space in castles and towns it is annoying having to bring everything with you and then i would like to collect all types of horses. there was storing space in castles in warband . in f&s there is only Kiev and Poltava I think.

Back
Top Bottom