SP Musket Era Csatádi's Visual and Historical Mod -- Last release: Feb 25, 2020

Users who are viewing this thread

So be it. :sad: Guess I'll witness it at some point in a future patch. Now I'm wishing I had wished for it earlier. :razz:

I'm playing the mod and thoroughly enjoying it. I'm absolutely amazed and impressed by a vast assortment of clothing that has been assigned to mercenaries. Loving the new look of most musketeers. The hongrelines look amazing.

One question though. Have the Two Handed swordsmen been entirely removed? Fully armored and Scottish both?

While I do realize they were very anachronistic and most certainly not used by Sweden, especially in full plate armor during the 17th century, instances of them were not unheard of earlier in the century by Venetians, Austrians and other German states during earlier periods of the 30 years war. They were quite possibly the coolest unit I've seen in any game, period. It'd be nice if you had kept them as bodyguards or represented them in some extremely small or insignificant way.

The Scots bringing their (two handed) claymores over though, while it likely didn't happen much, isn't entirely infeasible or out of place. I think they're a cool flavour unit that deserves to be represented in some way.
 
YourStepDad said:
While I do realize they were very anachronistic and most certainly not used by Sweden, especially in full plate armor during the 17th century, instances of them were not unheard of earlier in the century by Venetians, Austrians and other German states during earlier periods of the 30 years war. They were quite possibly the coolest unit I've seen in any game, period. It'd be nice if you had kept them as bodyguards or represented them in some extremely small or insignificant way.

The Scots bringing their (two handed) claymores over though, while it likely didn't happen much, isn't entirely infeasible or out of place. I think they're a cool flavour unit that deserves to be represented in some way.
It's true that they were present at last in TYW and ECW, but there is absolutely no evidence of their documented use during the Deluge era (or earlier during this century) in Eastern Europe. The armies by 1650s tended to incline for some uniformity, so those things like swordsmen were very unlikely to be present in any armies of the fighting sides in Eastern Europe. It was also logical from military point of view as they were completely defenceless against cavalry, which was essential part of warfare in the region. Considering very small size of the armies in game (just 150-400 men per commander) even one guy in a stack representing considerable group of men. :smile: I hope you would agree: Csatádi added so many new historical units (Vlachs, Hungarians, missing types of infantry and cavalry for Russia and Tatars etc) that removing some of the vanilla ones (which were somewhat anachronistic for this conflict) is quite logical decision in order not to end with way too eclectic AI armies.

Also old two-handed swords, infantry armours and such stuff remained in game in the stores, so you could convert one of your merry followers to serve as good ol' swordsman. :wink:
 

Csatádi

Grandmaster Knight
I had a very good military advisor what to modify in the game.  :grin:

But you gave me an idea, if the player wants two-handed swordsmen in the game I set this sword for the mercenaries you can hire in merc camps. So from the next version you can equip them. I can send you a pre release version if interested.
 
You're already working on the next version? Is it something you plan to release soon? If not I am personally interested in the pre-release version.

Either way that's a pretty amazing idea. I also suggest including a steel buckler/shield there, for if a player wants to make rondaschiers. The mercenary system is a good way to make the anachronistic or underused stuff possible without hurting the accuracy of the mod.

@Prince de Radzivil

Yeah, you have a point there. However you look at it the mod is amazing. :wink:

EDIT:

I do have a tiny suggestion. Would it be possible to restore the old clothing to the lifeguards, giving them some distinction?  I'll be frank, I do not know what they are or what they are supposed to represent, but from their name I figure they are a bodyguard unit, and they are seen in Swedish courts. Right now they wear hongrelines, making them little distinct from other musketeers and infantry. I think they could use some love, as either an opportunity for their old clothing to find use or for a new, better one to take their place.

 

Csatádi

Grandmaster Knight
I make fixes only.
Round shield is a good idea, I'll set it, too.

You may use Morgh's editing softwares to change units and items as you wish.

Edit:
file outdated, thus removed
 

Csatádi

Grandmaster Knight
Experimental patch released to make infantry more playable.

-Unit stats standardized.
-Guns are a bit more accurate and quicker.
-New Lifeguard Pikeman unit for Sweden.
 
Very interesting, but this would require starting a new game. Hmmm. Did you include the new animation for guards by any chance?
 

Oldtimer

Knight
Hi all,

took Zamoschye bandits mission, went away to earn some money and hire troops. Came back after abt. 10 days. No bandits anywhere, now more than 20 days in game, no bandits. Quest shows up as active. So what`s going on?

Rgds, Oldtimer
 

Csatádi

Grandmaster Knight
Oldtimer said:
took Zamoschye bandits mission, went away to earn some money and hire troops. Came back after abt. 10 days. No bandits anywhere, now more than 20 days in game, no bandits. Quest shows up as active. So what`s going on?
They have their life, too, so they don't wait forever there. You may find them only with luck or cheat code and extensive search.
 

Oldtimer

Knight
Csatádi said:
Oldtimer said:
took Zamoschye bandits mission, went away to earn some money and hire troops. Came back after abt. 10 days. No bandits anywhere, now more than 20 days in game, no bandits. Quest shows up as active. So what`s going on?
They have their life, too, so they don't wait forever there. You may find them only with luck or cheat code and extensive search.

OK, THX for your attn.,

Oldtimer
 
Dear friend!
First, let me thank you for the work you did! In my opinion, this is the best mod for WFaS today! As I played this wonderful mod, I ran into a little problem and wanted to ask if you would help me solve it.) The Black Mace Quest, the task "to talk to Papnutiy." The line "to talk with Paphnuty" has disappeared from the menu of the city Novgorod. This may be because Novgorod in the original game is a castle. Because of this, need have to throw extra points into the intellect in order to read this book yourself. I would rather spend them on strength or agility) can this be somehow corrected? Thank you in advance!
 

Csatádi

Grandmaster Knight
stanislavskiy said:
Dear friend!
First, let me thank you for the work you did! In my opinion, this is the best mod for WFaS today! As I played this wonderful mod, I ran into a little problem and wanted to ask if you would help me solve it.) The Black Mace Quest, the task "to talk to Papnutiy." The line "to talk with Paphnuty" has disappeared from the menu of the city Novgorod. This may be because Novgorod in the original game is a castle. Because of this, need have to throw extra points into the intellect in order to read this book yourself. I would rather spend them on strength or agility) can this be somehow corrected? Thank you in advance!
Thanks. No idea how this might happened but will look into this issue.
 
Top Bottom