SP Musket Era Csatádi's Visual and Historical Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Veteran Decanus said:
Wow! I wanted to love WF&S but the unfinished and buggy state it was left in is what killed it for me. Thankfully, your mod has revived that interest. Baltic/Eastern European history is so very fascinating.

Are you still actively updating your mod? The latest version of your mod was uploaded to ModDB ~ 2 years ago, and reading what's here makes it seem like improvements and changes are still being made. If you ever finalize your mod, or find yourself unable to continue working on your mod, would you consider uploading the latest version to ModDB and/or Nexus in .zip format? With Fire and Sword didn't deserve to be abandoned the way it was. I think a proper means of distribution would help improve the popularity of both your mod and WF&S itself.

However, if you'd rather not, that's fine too. Thanks for the hard work.

I wouldn't say it was unfinished, at least not by the version that we have right now. But buggy? Alas, as far as the story goes, quite. :sad:

Csatádi said:
If you check the latest posts you can find what I'm doing.

Anyway here you are a save game compatible quick graphic fix: http://www.mediafire.com/file/idy37h7vsuh9uus/csatadi_mod_fix_to_1.4.zip
Your worries are causeless, there aren't people who want to mod wfas. There is noone to fix quest bugs although these are more important than a few new items for example. New scenes would be neccessary but noone makes new scenes. Don't get me wrong this isn't whining just facts. If you would and could add new content welcome aboard.

There are plenty of people who want to mod WF&S. Have you seen the number of unique downloads for the (admittedly few) WF&S mods on Nexus alone? Quite a lot altogether. The problem is that WF&S doesn't get the recognition it deserves. Warband completely overshadows it. 

I don't know how to script in any language, so I'm sorry to say I can't provide any real help to you.  :sad: Good luck with the project, and thanks again.

*Also, I've found a bug. When you put up a wagon fort, the player horse map icon will switch to the wagon map icon, then instantly change back again to the normal horse map icon, without first taking down the wagon fort.

I'm using the latest version of WF&S, but that goes without saying.

Csatádi said:
If you check the latest posts you can find what I'm doing.

Anyway here you are a save game compatible quick graphic fix: http://www.mediafire.com/file/idy37h7vsuh9uus/csatadi_mod_fix_to_1.4.zip
Your worries are causeless, there aren't people who want to mod wfas. There is noone to fix quest bugs although these are more important than a few new items for example. New scenes would be neccessary but noone makes new scenes. Don't get me wrong this isn't whining just facts. If you would and could add new content welcome aboard.
Well, one needs first to know how to do stuff and learning defiantly isn't the most fun part of modding. :smile:

Most mods here are produced by just one-two persons in general. And you are the one for WFaS doing an amazing job. :wink:

Can you make the bandits and patrols join battle when I fighting their friend?
So i can have more intensive fighting and don’t need to chase them one by one  :fruity: :party:

I found 2 bugs too. Sometimes when I attack large wagon fort (square shaped), a few wagon are miss, while the sandbag above display normally
I will post a pic if i remember to print screen next time :facepalm:

And I don’t have the camp icon when I encamp

In the case of the large wagon fort please send a saved game, too, right before the battle.

Sendmesmile is away, he edited the codes. Probably I won't be able to fix the wagon fort strat map icon.

How about allowing the bandits and patrols join battle with their brothers :razz:
All the wagon appear normally right after the day i posted here. So maybe it's just some minor issue that can be settle by restart computer. :wink:

However, i found something else
1. Relation with countries do not reset when my mercenary contract end (not sure it is a fire& sword game feature or not, but in warband it will reset), and i am not able to get new contract from other country

2. I finished the muscovite tsardom False Dmitriy main quest and become the Tsar
But i am not able to recruit any troop from town/castle, don't have the option to talk to commander(OK to recruit from town when i was muscovite tsardom  mercenary , but i was not able to recruit from town anymore at the time i become tsar rebel)
so i am just using with mercenary and peasant, a Tsar with peasant, no regular soldiers  :ohdear:

3. Troops missing (fire and sword bug, it should be related to too many type of troops in my party according to post i read years ago)

OK, hope coder will be back someday
I tried to read rubik's modding tutorial but python and module system are too complex for me :party:

Here are picture of the missing wagon fort, however i forgot to save the game
fort.jpg

Heilmittel said:
OK, hope coder will be back someday
I tried to read rubik's modding tutorial but python and module system are too complex for me :party:

Here are picture of the missing wagon fort, however i forgot to save the game
Did you mix the mod with other mods? Because this bug is too strange. Did what NPC99 said to revert back or rather delete the mod and start with a clean version again.
Other modders' scenes can be used properly if you import their scene modells and textures, too.

thanks guys, I replaced the scene & the wagon fort apply correctly now :smile:
I did not use another mod, but i changed some troops stats and quest intervals with tweakmb

First of all, thank you for a wonderful mod. It added so much to the game while still being true to vanilla. 

I do have a (possible) problem however. I've been playing over 50 hours now, and I still haven't found Tepes in any of the taverns. I appreciate if anyone has any information on that. Thanks.

I guess I just have very bad luck. I think I've met all the other guys at least twice by now. But I'll keep on looking then. 

UPDATE: Found him about a week ago in Warszawa, I think, so all is good!

This looks like the best WFAS mod around here, good job mate! I will be translating this into spanish right now. Haven't you thought about adding to the mod the amazing sound and smoke? https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=169492.0

And what does this new "quick fix" does?

Oh, and are you planning to release the source code?

Cheers!

Please send the translation I would include it in the new version. We work on some new material so expect some changes.
I don't remember if I tried that mod.
The quick fix contains graphic bugfixes.

Csatádi said:
Please send the translation I would include it in the new version. We work on some new material so expect some changes.
I don't remember if I tried that mod.
The quick fix contains graphic bugfixes.

Great to know you are still working on it! Please try the minimod I said if you can, it will like you for sure.
Here you have the full spanish translation: https://mega.nz/#!t8NGQYSD!innFPgTuVY3KbzL6gDqBEVAsmHkm3XPXUItj6dXjOx0

Are you willing to release the source code at the end? Best regards!

Oh, man, I lost my old account and just create a new one to say how happy I'm that you still is working on your mod! Like others said here I think WF&S is a GREAT game that unfortunately didn't caught much of attention because Warband cast a huge shadow over it. When WF&S launched I was amazed how the gunpowder gameplay made me love M&B games even more and was dreaming about the mods to come... that unfortunately never came. Just like Warband is good in vanilla state, but really fly with mods, WF&S never really took off to me because not many modders came to it. It's cool, but feel empty and barebones when compared to Warband mods. I still play the multiplayer from time to time but the campaign never again. I really will give it another shot with your mod and I do hope you update it little bit more, even so you alone cannot fix all the vanilla bugs by yourself, I can live with then but I really would love more content, features and quality of life improvements like the ones you already did.

By thew way... WF&S mods shortage just don't make me more sad than Blood and Gore: Caribbean. Maybe Bannerlord will bring new winds for those game sails since while Warband and Bannerlord are cool, I do enjoyed more the gunpower style of WF&S and BG:C.

Back
Top Bottom