SP Musket Era Csatádi's Visual and Historical Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks.
Actually I did the changes in october and not remember exactly what I did. Except better and louder musket sounds. I didn't want to release Hungarian Hussars but one guy discovered mercenaries from camps had wrong advancement. In my home version they worked well thus I decided it is easier for me to release this version. Transylvania took part in this war as the ally of Sweden thus the appearance of the Hungarian soldiers is reasonable.
I didn't introduce new firearms. Only the modified items and these will not appear in shops. You may use simply office/word to compare the two txt files for changes. I would do the same.

Now, to integrate Hungarian Hussar mercenaries into my current "footslogging infantry company commander" project...
Do you mean to dismount the new hussars? The typical foot Hungarian soldiers were the hajdu. The same look with musket.
Their officer might be simply Hajdu Officer.

I'd be immensely grateful for a version of the Hussar armour with skin without the wings, so it's usable in 3rd person.
I did it for the Polish king, item number 908. However I don't think I made it available in shops or anywhere. However you can do it.

I made Oksana's skills for such a way from which the player can build a ranger, too.
One thing is sure if I made the 2 extras. Priest S will hate both of them. :smile:

Thanks for the info. I'll have a go at the Polish King's armour right away...

With regard to the Hungarians, it's just about finding an opportunity to try them out properly with a character who's focussed on fighting on foot, which so far, hasn't presented itself (but then, I haven't really had much time to play this weekend, either).o

Edit:
Seems there have been some mishaps in the troop trees, as most veteran upgrades have been swapped around, i.e. musketeers become veteran pikemen and pikemen become veteran musketeers, dragoons turn into veteran volunteers etc.

Edit #2:
Went through troops.txt and fixed the upgrade paths, barring any oversights on my part, troops should now upgrade correctly again.

The updated troops.txt file can be found here.

Historically the southern invasion was led by György Rákóczi II and I would like to replace some invading Swedish soldiers with him and his Transylvanian troops.
I made Hungarian hussars earlier, currently I work on Hajdu shooters. I have an illustrated book on the Transylvanian troops and it is easy to make them from your models and textures.

hajdu1.jpg

And btw people say the 'take back Warsaw' quest is broken because the Polish nobles don't follow the player even he has the patent from the king. I don't remember how I solved this quest during play but I did. Maybe myself with minimal help. But many complain about this feature thus a little help would be appreciated. Maybe if the patent would give some temporary influence or anyhow.

Csatádi said:
Historically the southern invasion was led by György Rákóczi II and I would like to replace some invading Swedish soldiers with him and his Transylvanian troops.
I made Hungarian hussars earlier, currently I work on Hajdu shooters. I have an illustrated book on the Transylvanian troops and it is easy to make them from your models and textures.

hajdu1.jpg

And btw people say the 'take back Warsaw' quest is broken because the Polish nobles don't follow the player even he has the patent from the king. I don't remember how I solved this quest during play but I did. Maybe myself with minimal help. But many complain about this feature thus a little help would be appreciated. Maybe if the patent would give some temporary influence or anyhow.

this code:

Code:
	#OiM potop first wave of invasion	
	(0.4, 0.3, ti_once, [
		(check_quest_active,"qst_oim_potop_main"),
		(quest_slot_ge, "qst_oim_potop_main", slot_quest_current_state, 4),
		(store_distance_to_party_from_party, ":cur_dist1", "p_town_6", "p_main_party"),	#warshaw
		(store_distance_to_party_from_party, ":cur_dist2", "p_town_16", "p_main_party"),	#krakov
		(ge, ":cur_dist1", 5),
		(ge, ":cur_dist2", 5),
		(check_quest_active,"qst_oim_potop_main"),
	], [
		#code to start Potop

It is available now. Gamefront ceases to work sometimes due to maintanenance reasons.

Or wait until the new patch is out.

There will be Arab and Akhal teke horses, saddle horse texture changes, 2 new companions, hussar lances will transform to sabres after the first blow and prebattle orders mod. It will be ready in 2 weeks if everything goes well.

This will be one of the akhal teke horses. Before anybody would ask, yes, rich Turkish soldiers did use red harness.
ahalteke.jpg

Hell yes! That's some great news, and some great-looking horses. I've loved your mod so far, and this is only going to make it even better, and a release seems rather imminent as well. :smile:

Yes, I just need a script to make working.

A small change will be the texture change of flour sacks. I almost forgot how disturbing was the flour and salt sacks looked the same.
floursalt.jpg

OK, here you are the new mod version.

What's new?
-2 additional companions: a Finnish and a Cossack. This way every country in the game has 3 companions.
-Some rewritten relations. For example it is possible now to use all the 3 Tatar companions in your group.
-Motomataru's formations and AI v.4
-15 new or retextured horses. Arabian horses from warband, Akhal teke horses - well known in the area and further Thoroughbred variants. Buying horses at the special merchants does worth now and they offer more types.
-Hussar lances transform to sabres after the first blow. Hussars were useless in close combat with those huge lances.
-Flour sack texture change. It used the salt texture and their same look was very annoying.
-Guns cannot parry or used in melee because the AI doesn't handle it well.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21968042/wfas_csatadi_mod_extra_companions.zip
I have little chance to test so if you find bugs let me know.

DLing now, will check it out later, I have some work to take care of first.

In an earlier version of your mod, I'd adressed the firearms-in-melee problem by making them actually useful weapons (~2x-2.5x dmg increase), the AI seemed to do OK with that.

Anyways, I'll have a go at it later, and will let you know about any bugs or other issues I run into.

Edit: Looking good so far. There are a few typos/msitakes in the texts ("shackles" for Petro, Mikael claims that he was fine till he "did not meet those robbers"), and the formations mod options entry shows up twice in the camp menu, but those are minor details.

Back
Top Bottom