MP Crushed through! The worst thing mechanic ever? Actually it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Fyren338

Regular
originally i did this epic graph by hand to make a point but computers don't read spaces so that's effed but here's a screenshot.
a_thing.png

of course this isn't real with like proof or anything it's just what i feel personally but hopefully it raises other people to voice their opinions and we can start talking about saving Bannerlord by making the combat system better. Extra focus on crushed through because that is actually a disease parading as a game mechanic.

Crush through should only be possible for hammers like in warband, simple. And there should be a serious speed penalty for crush through weps as well.

Of all the hills to die on, I really don’t understand why Taleworlds is picking this one.

Guaranteed inescapable damage goes against the most basic philosophies of Mount&Blade multiplayer. They are replacing multiple core mechanics with something that basically boils down to RNG with very little player control except for holding w and looking upwards with the mouse.

Every other mechanic has a reaction. Something you can do to deal with it. What can you really do about crush through? You can’t out maneuver someone with equal skill, because the classes with Twohanders are the fastest in the game. You can’t out reach them because they are longer weapons. You can’t spam them down because they are often faster. You can’t block it, because that’s the whole point of the crush though.

You are forced to shoot the Twohanders with either throwing weapons or ranged classes. This has problems

1. You are asking players to avoid the main draw of your game (actually fighting people) just so that they can skirt around a mechanic they don’t like.
2. The disorganization of TDM, largely because of the random spawn system, means you often won’t have an opportunity to shoot whoever is approaching you consistently.

Back
Top Bottom