crush through is broken af and should be gone 1.5

Users who are viewing this thread

I have, but I was testing the shield stuff with a buddy, and it took 12 hits with the one handed aserai mace to destroy a shield, I think the small round aserai shield
That actually isnt that many. Maybe 45 seconds of fighting worth. 30 if the dude is just turtling. Swords and Axes will also be faster than maces at destroying shields because of a faster swing speed and or bonus damage to shields.

I have, but I was testing the shield stuff with a buddy, and it took 12 hits with the one handed aserai mace to destroy a shield, I think the small round aserai shield
So how many hits do you want it to be 4? Imagine you're in a skirmish game 12 hits is literally nothing

A luck based onehit is really bad for a game like this
1995-1595979597-101050694.png

In multiplayer the difference is num is 58 and couch lance doesn't crush through.

Only swings from the up direction can crush though if the attack has enough energy. There is nothing actually limiting it to 2 handers it's just that 1 handers never have enough energy to crush.
It is not luck based, the attacks energy is used to determine if it crushes through.

So how many hits do you want it to be 4? Imagine you're in a skirmish game 12 hits is literally nothing
Maybe thats the truth, and dont think im some pub ***** ok, im not retarded. Of course I don't want it to be 4, but like I said in the post your welcome to disagree, im fine with keeping it where its at just was bringing up discussion points

Maybe thats the truth, and dont think im some pub ***** ok, im not retarded. Of course I don't want it to be 4, but like I said in the post your welcome to disagree, im fine with keeping it where its at just was bringing up discussion points
Nobody said that you're a pub *****, actually, you assumed that your self sir.

Last edited:
Oh I honestly didn't know that, thanks for enlighten me. I still think the damage should get reduced though..
No problem, I fully agree on damage reduction for crush throughs. Some of the energy would definitely be wasted regardless of how pathetic the block is.

Instead of removing this feature I would prefer they improve it. Rather than have a constant value for all blocks set it based on what item the blocker is blocking with, the correct stance or how long the block has been held etc. and if it crushes through reduce damage based on how good the block was. With those kinds of changes it shouldn't feel so random and make sense.

Most importantly remove the ridiculous condition that only attacks from the up direction can crush through and that they have to be swings, a 2 handed swing or thrust from horse back should be able to (not always) crush through regardless of attack direction.

Though I mainly play heavily modded sp so ...

Crushthrough is pretty broken right now, but I hope TW tries to rework it rather than straight up removing it from MP. Ideally, I think they would do this by:
  • Removing the ability from all 2H weapons except for slow, short maces/mauls (and add new crushthrough capable weapons to Vlandia, Aseria and Empire so it's not just Sturgia and Battania who have access to it)
  • the Battanian maul probably needs to have its attack speed lowered and the Sturgian sledgehammer probably needs to be slower and shorter
  • Increase the time a overhead attack needs to be held in order to crushthrough, giving defending players more time to cancel the attack with an attack of their own or a bash
  • Change the formula so heavy weapons and upgraded shields aren't able to be crush-throughed
  • decrease the maximum damage that results from a crushthrough (currently it feels very inconsistent, usually it will do 20-50 damage but occasionally it can do over 100)
  • potentially introduce a counter mechanic, such as using the enhanced block mechanic you get when you block an attack just before it hits to completely neutralize any crushthrough potential

Oh, oh this is bad, this is terrible lmao, please who the hell wants crush through for real what's the point of this terrible, op and frustrating mechanics. It was maybe cool in Warband I guess but the only two maces that had it were completely slow, applying it to this weapon is dumb as heck

I cant really play all that seriously right now, but I went onto the 1.5 duel server just to watch how people were responding to the patch. Everyone there was using one handers. People wouldnt touch the crush through. I tried to duel some people with a Billhook and they just ignored me to go fight somebody with a onehander.

A few of us are on the live patch(It's on the live patch too) and took 4 berserkers with mauls, we charged a group of 5 skirmishers and although 2 of us died to javs on the way in, once we got close they were helpless we just crush through the person in front of us. These were totally casual players and they were moaning in chat about how OP it was.

If casual players can see this **** then why is it allowed? :razz:

Crush through is a powerful and fun mechanic that needs finesse (ironically) to implement and balance correctly. I think an interesting way to approach the mechanic would be to force a mobility trade off in the execution.

What if crush through was toggle able like the alternate throw, and when in crush through mode, you couldn't do any fancy feints or footwork, and whatever motion you were in, you were forced to continue through the attack. The telegraph of the attack would be huge, but the connection would be devastating. Countering would simply include getting out of the way, which would be doable since the attackers mobility would be so hindered.

Thoughts?

Crush through is a powerful and fun mechanic that needs finesse (ironically) to implement and balance correctly. I think an interesting way to approach the mechanic would be to force a mobility trade off in the execution.

What if crush through was toggle able like the alternate throw, and when in crush through mode, you couldn't do any fancy feints or footwork, and whatever motion you were in, you were forced to continue through the attack. The telegraph of the attack would be huge, but the connection would be devastating. Countering would simply include getting out of the way, which would be doable since the attackers mobility would be so hindered.

Thoughts?
I don't see it as something that even fits all weapons. Crush should be like warband where you know when faced with a hammer, they might crush through your block. The hammer was very slow which balanced it out. In bannerlord its completely different, its very fast and makes no sense for it to be tied to a two handed sword

I agree it shouldn't be tied to all two handed weapons, much like couching a lance doesn't apply to all spears. I also think it should need to be committed to, much like couching a lance requires you have a threshold of speed.

The heavy menavlion has crush through ? Because it is too crazy the damage it produces, it goes beyond the unreal and maybe beyond the blocks. In expert hands it's brutal (a DoF member showed me it this evening XD) and for a noob it's a frenzy spam party. If you want to preserve the damage, in my opinion you should increase the feeling of weight and therefore be less manageable. It's insane...

This is something big like a Heavy menavlion...jessss imagine handling that:

Back
Top Bottom