Crusader Kings III announcement

Users who are viewing this thread

Model is changed as they aren't selling unit packs, music packs, portrait packs, song packs, tiny feature mechanic packs & the dlc packs. Probably missing some pack. Hopefully they stay like this and keep to Flavor and Major Expansions only.
Don't the bonus pass you mentioned involve the clothing for the little avatar thing? Pretty sure the Flavor packs will be mostly cosmetic stuff, so nothing really changed.

If you mean does the higher edition game come with an extra set of clothes for NPC characters for a region then yes it does.

Per PDX Nicou:

"Flavor Packs aren't 100% cosmetic. They are in-game content focused on a theme or a region, to add some spice to themes and specific regions of the world and give everyone something to spend your time with. "

Going from EU4 flavour packs it more like pin-point upgrades to small areas to bring some more game development to a region. Example I think would be:

Europa Universalis IV: The Purple Phoenix Expansion
Europa Universalis IV: Purple Phoenix DLC adds new, unique events, themed event pictures as well as several new unit models to the Byzantine Empire.

Europa Universalis IV: American Dream
Europa Universalis IV: American Dream DLC adds over 50 new, unique events, 10 themed event pictures, as well as several new unit models to the United States of America.

Europa Universalis IV: The Stars and Crescent Pack
The Star and Crescent event pack enhances the gameplay for rulers of the Muslim faith in Europa Universalis IV.
A total of 70 new event pictures contained in this package adds visual flavor to the gameplay experience. This event pack also contains several new events and event chains for Muslim rulers, adding to the gameplay immersion.

Those were released at the same target price they are quoting for future CK2 mini packs.

It's nominally free, and the DLCs that have sporadically been on offer have been ones which I would consider essentially necessary. Playing the "free" version of Crusader Kings II is playing an incredibly stripped-down husk of a game.

Yeah, I'm mostly basing my opinion off the CK2. I managed to grab it when it went free before doing it full-time, bought some of the 'essential' DLCs (but not all of them) and then it still wasn't that great. I could keep buying DLCs to hit the right spot or quit and chose the latter, though, to be fair, the most fun I had with the game was in TES mod that made extensive use of the DLC-only content.

The annoying thing were greyed out buttons or, even worse, the mechanics that you were told about by game but not about the fact that you need to buy stuff to access them, 'Look how much fun you could have, if you were a good boy'. CK3 can still be better than that from what they announce, but I'm still doubting you'll have a game if you buy only the game, if you catch my drift. Especially hard to trust them in the season of every major publisher/dev coming up with some form of 'oh we did things wrong, but we now changed XYZ and now we do good, honestly, guys', after avalanche of ****-ups from gaming industry lately.

It's nominally free, and the DLCs that have sporadically been on offer have been ones which I would consider essentially necessary. Playing the "free" version of Crusader Kings II is playing an incredibly stripped-down husk of a game.

You can still get some mileage playing in certain areas. With Sons of Odin free and the base game playing pagan areas is entertaining.

I don't debate without many DLCs playing in many areas is very limited!

Back
Top Bottom