Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

The last war I fought against the Moors involved a ridiculous amount of capturing on my part. The Sultan, a royal brother, a few Emirs, women and children, random courtiers: I gleefully executed them the day they were captured.

Just my thoughts, it's a good game to be sure, but it gets a little dull at points. You know how M&B is all about the combat? Well, this game is all about the politics, which is fine, but I just wish there was a little action here and there just to blow off some steam.

Also I don't like the fact that there are restrictions on who I can marry. I am the lord of the land, if I want to kill my wife and marry my older sister, I should be able to do it, goddamn it! :evil:

Lux Invicta is damn amazing. I've been playing as Carthage and I've reconquered all of North Africa and half of Spain.

Just played The Old Gods for the first time after a while, and it's damn fun even if you're not a pagan; just played an awesome Raska ---> Kingdom of Slavia (what I named my combined realms of Croatia and Serbia; renaming's fun!) game. I finally gathered enough men to press my claim on the Kingdom of Italy, so I DoW'd them. In the span of a month, the King of Italy died, his realms inherited by the ****ing Karling King of France. And when my men crossed the Alps, my two brothers rebelled for the throne; one propped up by my vassals (one of which is his wife, so its understandable), and the other who gathered a 15k host of his own. My rebelling levies decimated my own troops, and in the end I lost both King titles. But I still have my built-up duchies of Raska and Duklja.

I WILL RISE AGAIN.

In my current game both the Empire of Francia and the Holy Roman Empire were formed by one of the Karlings. Amusingly, this guy is one of the worst rulers I've ever seen in the game; 1,0,0,3,1

I must say, I never expected him to double his territory and create two empires when I married my daughter to him, but I guess I should be happy about how that turned out. :lol:

Meanwhile, in my current game (1026)
I'm Wales.  Nothing unusual going on in Britain, aside from the majority of my court being black.
Scandinavia is mostly Slavic in religion.
Slavic stretches past the Elbe.
What Christianity remains in Iberia is mostly Cathar.
What Zoroastrianism remains is a heretical sect, too.
Venice is entirely Norse Pagan, and Norse cultured to boot.

No doubt.

Started another game, as the OPM vassal of the pope.  So stupid easy.  The instant I DoW'd someone, the pope started showering me with 200 gold gifts.  From there it was easy to take Tunisia, Algeria, and Mallorca.  Then I spent the next few rulers:
' lives focusing on cementing my finacial position (Building a city in every spare slot in coastal provinces really does help).  After that, I started working on taking Sicily/Naples.
Then I suddenly became the (Catholic) Byzantine Emperor - though the only holding the Empire had at the time was Venice, so I'm not much stronger.

Only the creation condition requires you to be Orthodox. You can inherit any title that can have normal inheritance laws. That's often the reason why there's, say, an Orthodox caliph.

You'd probably have to make a custom event that destroys the title if a non-Orthodox person holds it, or passes it to the closest Orthodox person with a claim.

So, as a Catholic Sicily, I accidentally managed to inherit Aquitaine without actually planning it. I guess marrying that Karling 100 years ago paid off after all.  :lol:

I have played some old gods and really liked it. In the future I might want to play a 'normal'  game with the Count of Gelre. Just a simple question though, how are you supposed to make money as a count? In TOG you just go raiding, but those catholics only get 2 gold a month or something? That would take over 10 years to save up for a new building.  :neutral:

Money is never really a problem for me. If it starts to get to the point where you need cash, you can just go around imprisoning people with money in your court and ransoming them.

DoctorPainkiller said:
Money is never really a problem for me. If it starts to get to the point where you need cash, you can just go around imprisoning people with money in your court and ransoming them.
I had to do that once, but the cheapskate wouldn't even ransom (at a reasonable price) his son.

So, in an approximately an hour and 20 minutes, Pdox will be announcing the next CKII DLC in a live stream. The project's codename is 'Sons of Abraham', which has led many to speculate that it'll be focused on Catholicism, Orthodoxy and Islam, an overhaul of the non-Pagan religious systems. I suppose we'll find out soon enough :grin:

Back
Top Bottom