Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

You guys who got CK2 plus, what does your directory structure look like?

Mine is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\CK2Plus

(yes I know putting games in that UAC protected folder is generally to be avoided, but Gamersgate has been doing it when I install and I haven't been paying attention. Must have half a dozen games I need to uninstall and reinstall *sigh*)

In addition to that, I have:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\CK2Plus Alt Scenarios
C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\CK2Plus No Assaults
C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\CK2Plus No Time Limit

When I launch CKII, my "Select Mods to Play" window is completely blank

Obviously something is not right. Appreciate if anyone has any ideas.
 
This Sparta game is turning out to have great promise. Children rule in an Athens bereft of the province of Athens. I defended my ally Pontus against the Isaurians, the kingdom in southeast Anatolia, and captured their heir in one battle, and a strategos and the Despot himself in the subsequent one. Naturally, I beheaded the son first, then the monarch, and left the infidel duke to rot in prison. When his wife died of illness, though, I released him.
And across the Mediterranean, the king of Carthage sits in a cell far away under the royal palace of Wasconia (Basque area in Spain).
 
Anthropoid said:
In addition to that, I have:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\CK2Plus Alt Scenarios
C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\CK2Plus No Assaults
C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\CK2Plus No Time Limit

When I launch CKII, my "Select Mods to Play" window is completely blank

Obviously something is not right. Appreciate if anyone has any ideas.
I think with the new patch you have to put it in C:\User\Documents\Paradoxinteractive\crusaderkingsII\mods  had to do it with the  game of thrones mod this way.
 
The one in documents is only absolutely needed for total conversion, e.g. the Game of Thrones one. CK2+ thread specifically states that both methods work.

Are the .mod files in the right place?
 
Hoping that there will be a 66% or even a 75% discount on the CKII collection. I can hardly contain my anticipation to get the Legacy of Rome and Dynastic Shields II DLCs. Although there's no doubt that I'll get them before the 27th, I'd hate buying them right before another further price deduction.
 
Foolish uncles! Your progeny shall be more tractable than you two were, as the days pass by and by, none of them to be the day you are released from the black cells.
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2ZkO8CclhI&feature=channel&list=UL

Pretty much sums up my feelings about the game. Pretty much.
 
Dryvus said:
Foolish uncles! Your progeny shall be more tractable than you two were, as the days pass by and by, none of them to be the day you are released from the black cells.

:razz:
 
Comrade Temuzu said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2ZkO8CclhI&feature=channel&list=UL

Pretty much sums up my feelings about the game. Pretty much.
:lol:
 
At least the really cheap content doesn't do ****, and is mainly aesthetic. And it's really cheap, so I don't see what is really bad about it.  :???:
 
Ruler editor- pretty trashy and expensive. Most games feature free built-in editors.
New factions/events/game mechanics- shouldn't this be in the game in the first place? Oops not new factions, I mean playable factions. These content ought to be in updates. Recall how limited the original game release was. I'm sure it takes a lot of work to enable a new religious faction playable and come up with a few event choices.
 
dustbiter said:
Ruler editor- pretty trashy and expensive. Most games feature free built-in editors.
New factions/events/game mechanics- shouldn't this be in the game in the first place? Oops not new factions, I mean playable factions. These content ought to be in updates. Recall how limited the original game release was. I'm sure it takes a lot of work to enable a new religious faction playable and come up with a few event choices.

I'm pretty sure the editor was just created fairly hastily for some people who wanted to customise their own. I doubt it was ever intended to be made in the first place/

And the game was originally just christian. Because the original was just playable as Christians. It is name Crusader Kings, after all. The original wasn't all that limited. It felt limited once you got the hang of it. Most of the content was through updates.

And just a few event choices? Playing as muslims is much different to playing as christians. You have multiple wives, new "open" succession and decadence, which is integral to playing as muslim. Plus there are the events you mentioned, and the new naming system for islamic states (named after dynasty than the title).

Then in Rome, there is the whole new rebellion system (factions and all), new levy system and the retinue system. Plus all the events and new decisions, plus a few more storyline-type events.

I dunno, those all seem like pretty big things, especially considering that they release bug fixes and minor tweaks every update for what, £5-10 (I can't remembed the SoI price, and I bought LoR with blue coins)? I don't see what is so terrible about it.  :???:
 
They had the multiple wives and retinue systems down from their "test" with Sengoku, they just held back on it to release as DLC. The new rebellion system had to come in to correct the old one which was flawed with vassals starting rebellions alone when they didn't have the power to do anything. I feel the price of CK2 is enough to cover the new factions DLC content(I don't care about the stupid Aztec fantasy though).
 
Seriously, one of the main things to keep in mind is that the DLCs are largely a way to fund the content updates that contain significant improvements to the gameplay. These aren't things that they could have done before releasing the game. Each major DLC can take two months to develop and test, it's not just throwing together a few lines of code.
 
Oh hell yes, Game of Thrones mod update with Wars of Conquest and Five Kings scenarios. Did I miss this being posted before or is it news to others as well?
 
Back
Top Bottom