Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

My current game actually had a pretty strong Castile and some pretty weak Moors. In all, Iberia was split up into Aragon (1-county), Galicia (in it's de jure until It lost some territory to Leon), France in north Aragon and Navarra, Castile in most of it's de-jure+Toledo and some of Cordoba, the Republic of Barcelona (originally Capua), and 3 different Emirates, with the Almoravid, who usually dominate Andalusia (and eventually all of Spain) in most of my games, stuck in Africa.

That is, until I came and conquered it all. Now there are 4 of my distant kin as the Kings of Galicia, Andalusia, Aragon and Portugal; Jimena Kings of Leon and Castile, and some random guy in Navarra who was Occitan, whose heir was Castillian when he inherited, and whose own heir is Basque (so hopefully he recreates Navarra).

MadocComadrin said:
I once added 50 health to a ruler and he lived 150+ years and would have kept going if I hadn't offed him by trying to assassinate 3-5 Khagans in succession.
Wat O_O

I hoped they patched this.

Do keep in mind I added probably 200% to his health rating. There's no need to patch it because it could never normally happen.

ah...

But i have something to ask, but first im gonna introduce my game.

So i was playing King of Ireland, my evil brother overthrown me and he locked me in his dungeons and WON'T LET ME LEAVE...

But that's not the thing.
Thing is, it says im gonna lose one of my duchies and one of my counties to 2 Ireland's vassals on succession... WHY?
I can't figure it out. Nobody ever usurped there titles. I think this popped up when i lost the war against my brother, Not sure though

I have NO clue of what i can do to not lose my titles and what's going on so please, if you do have an idea of what's going on tell me. Please.
I'm going to repay you with love and friendship if you do.

Speaking of Iberia/segue into self-centered post,

January 6th, 1160

xokynp.jpg

Valentia has been my ally for a long time, but that status did not sustain my latest succession. I'd like to keep them strong to prevent a big Umadbro Caliphate from developing.
24o3brq.jpg

Nice balance in France and West Germany that has been going on for quite a while. Septimania looks to be in the throes of a dramatic rise to power. Could be a good barrier against Moors if they overrun.
a9wi6g.jpg

One thing I don't like about Lux Invicta is how Dacia always blobs. This time Hungary has survived its expansion and told it's soldiers to rotate until facing north because Poland's sleeping in.
ck2_10.jpg

My local theatre. Not much to say, since I've taken up all the greatness. I've been pretty much ignoring what's going on in Southern Italy, and in Anatolia everyone's lending a boot to stomp Pergamon with.
ck2_11.jpg

The Shiite Caliph seized a large piece of Syria, including the core. Before that I'd have said both Caliphs had lost a lot of power since the beginning. The Tulunid Sultanate keeps the Shiites balanced and bottled in further up the Nile.
ck2_13.jpg

A throne from which to rule the world.

oooooh, crap i thought that was the other...
I'm going to change that crap asap.
Stupid law.

Oh man thank you.
*Gives away love and friendship*

Dryvus said:
Speaking of Iberia/segue into self-centered post,

January 6th, 1160

xokynp.jpg

Valentia has been my ally for a long time, but that status did not sustain my latest succession. I'd like to keep them strong to prevent a big Umadbro Caliphate from developing.
24o3brq.jpg

Nice balance in France and West Germany that has been going on for quite a while. Septimania looks to be in the throes of a dramatic rise to power. Could be a good barrier against Moors if they overrun.
a9wi6g.jpg

One thing I don't like about Lux Invicta is how Dacia always blobs. This time Hungary has survived its expansion and told it's soldiers to rotate until facing north because Poland's sleeping in.
ck2_10.jpg

My local theatre. Not much to say, since I've taken up all the greatness. I've been pretty much ignoring what's going on in Southern Italy, and in Anatolia everyone's lending a boot to stomp Pergamon with.
ck2_11.jpg

The Shiite Caliph seized a large piece of Syria, including the core. Before that I'd have said both Caliphs had lost a lot of power since the beginning. The Tulunid Sultanate keeps the Shiites balanced and bottled in further up the Nile.
ck2_13.jpg

A throne from which to rule the world.
What's that mod?

By the way, don't you think you should do something with your money, you know, build new castles with it?

I can't find the buttons for shading according to ruler/religion etc anymore, anyone has any idea? I mean they are still around starting/loading a game at the top but not when running a game.

Some things still aren't right in CK2. I have my steward's first wife imprisoned(he's got 4), I give him a title and only his first wife transfers to his court, and his prison. Other three wives would remain in my court and not have his children.

dustbiter said:
I can't find the buttons for shading according to ruler/religion etc anymore, anyone has any idea? I mean they are still around starting/loading a game at the top but not when running a game.

They changed them for some reason. Instead of the old choices there are now a few quick slots for map modes you prefer. There's a button in that general area to open the selection and drag&drop your preferred modes in the slots.

I can understand the ability to customize, but I think I still preferred it the old way.

Exactly. Keep your family small, build trade posts and plot/excommunicate and steal away other families posts, and use the money to press CBs for coastal cities and counties. The trading posts are really for paying off your family; the real money comes from the land. 

Mercenaries are a bit OP especially in the early game. I only know of the disloyalty event when you run out of money. Machiavelli was always warning about Mercs merely taking a place for themselves when they were used to siege or guard a town.

Mercs are now somewhat OP late-game too, as they scale now. The biggest company in my current game is the Great Company with 11100+ troops at 350g up front +48g/month.

Back
Top Bottom