Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

So, facing the annoyance of an Uberilkhanate in my last Brittany->Britannia game (as some of you may have seen from the PO thread), I decided to start over and do pretty much the same thing (with some better economic strategy). I went for a Pope-sanctioned invasion of England, except this time, France hadn't taken back Normandy...in fact, England had gained territory in France, making it much harder, however...

oi4Kq.jpg

It's good to have sons and brothers in the pants of the Kaiser's sisters and daughters. (It would have went much faster, but some allies felt like giving me the cold shoulder after I joined their wars more than once...I'm looking at you, Denmark, Hungary, Poland and Sweden.)

Edit: WTF Norway, get out of Pomerania. D:

Edit 2: If you'ved noticed my chancellor in Wales, I'd like to say he's been a very good chancellor: 4 claims fabricated during the invasion; unfortunately, I needed the gold for mercs to fight off English armies that would pop up so the Kaiser could continue assaulting things.

MorningRain said:
Now you face the tedious task of handing out all those fiefs. Have fun. :lol:
Aye, but it's a lot better than having to Bretonize a bunch of Normans and Saxons. Likewise, I can put Doge's and Prince-Bishops where I need them, and get to pick the duchy I want to keep (usually Bedford, since it's 3-counties and that's about all I have room for in my demense).

Anyway, since then, I took Moray from Scotland and Norway and am a fabricated claim or two from Britannia.

MadocComadrin said:
MorningRain said:
Now you face the tedious task of handing out all those fiefs. Have fun. :lol:
Aye, but it's a lot better than having to Bretonize a bunch of Normans and Saxons. Likewise, I can put Doge's and Prince-Bishops where I need them, and get to pick the duchy I want to keep (usually Bedford, since it's 3-counties and that's about all I have room for in my demense).

Anyway, since then, I took Moray from Scotland and Norway and am a fabricated claim or two from Britannia.
Just kick the Non-Breton and keep the rest... No?

Well, the only Breton that would have been in England would have been the Duke of Cornwall, which meant I would have had to revoke most of England; just occupying it all during an Invasion CB is much better.

Also, now there's Denmark in most of Sweden, Sweden and Norway in Pomerania, and Sweden in Sicily after winning a Crusade. Catholic Spain has also lasted much longer, but their days are numbered as the Andulasians consolidate.

I don;t know why you quit the mega doom illkahante game, would have been interesting to play, it;s not like they would have been stable.
Plus the chance of roleplaying a retreat to the new world would be pants wettingly sweet.

...still got the save? >>

They were extremely stable: all Mongol vassals from occupying all the territory they conquered, and even if some of them rebelled, the original doomstack didn't disappear. They had enough levies to more than make up for assault losses so that the doomstack would be around for a huge amount of time.  The reason I quit it is because I switched over to dismiss the doomstack, but didn't feel right about it. I might still have the save around, but I just deleted a crap ton of saves too. I'll take a look.

I'm actually focusing a lot more on economy this time around, with super-mayors, the occasional lord mayor/doge and what-have-you.

Also, how do Universities play in with their tech bonuses?

I doubt it. When they converted, all of the vassals did. That, and even if they did splinter, the Pope just loves the Khagan--even after I put one of my own in the Curia.  :neutral:

Is there a good way to get yourself killed? My character is now past 60, but he just won't die. His mother lasted until she was nearly 80, if that affects anything. I'd be content to let him live out the rest of his days, but his heir has three daughters and has already put the oldest two in regular marriages. I want to start playing as him so I can at least get the youngest into a matrilineal marriage.

Also, getting a sexy young Persian wife is apparently a bad idea. I just married her to see if anything interesting would come from marrying a Muslim. The religion didn't affect anything, but she gave me a second son, when I had only had one before. Now my lands will be split up when I die. Stupid old pervert.  :mad:

To die, do stupid **** to make you depressed, then commit suicide.
OR
When you get ill, save your game and wait until you die. If you recover from your illness then you just reload.
OR
Load your save under ANOTHER character, assasinate your original, load back into your original, you're your heir!
Yay!

Save scumming in a strategy game? That's wrong.

I'll take the doing stupid **** advice, though. Or maybe I'll lead troops against overwhelming odds with my 3 martial skill.

Edit: Then again, purposely getting myself killed is pretty gamey. Bah, I'll just watch House Toulouse fall into ruin with dignity.

Put your leader in a boat and keep coasting around till they fleet has an accident. I seem to remember losing a king that way.

Toffee said:
Is there a good way to get yourself killed? My character is now past 60, but he just won't die. His mother lasted until she was nearly 80, if that affects anything. I'd be content to let him live out the rest of his days, but his heir has three daughters and has already put the oldest two in regular marriages. I want to start playing as him so I can at least get the youngest into a matrilineal marriage.

Also, getting a sexy young Persian wife is apparently a bad idea. I just married her to see if anything interesting would come from marrying a Muslim. The religion didn't affect anything, but she gave me a second son, when I had only had one before. Now my lands will be split up when I die. Stupid old pervert.  :mad:
Pick a horrible spymaster and attempt to assasinate the HRE/ERE/A Khagan/A Caliph. They'll probably strike back with a good chance of taking you out.

Back
Top Bottom