Crusader Kings 2

Users who are viewing this thread

I still say a gigantic Megacampaign from CK2 to HoI3 would be cool. Although I guess not everyone has all the games. Still would be awesome.
I call the Emirate of Mallorca for the game by the way. I also suggest using a mod like CK2+.

Nodscouter said:
I still say a gigantic Megacampaign from CK2 to HoI3 would be cool. Although I guess not everyone has all the games. Still would be awesome.
I call the Emirate of Mallorca for the game by the way. I also suggest using a mod like CK2+.
Is CK2+ compatible for conversion?

Kobrag said:
Nodscouter said:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will this work with CK2 mod X or EU3 mod Y?
A: Maybe. We aren't developing the converter with mods in mind, so few will likely work out of the box. However, much of the raw data is pulled from the game installations or our rule files, so it could be adapted for many mods. Any of this work will be left to the creators or the fans of those mods, though we will gladly provide guidance.

>.> <.< dibs on tuscany if we are playing a mod that doesn't edit the standing countries in 1066

Don't really like Lux Invicta, it's a bit too cluster****y I find. I'm all for something new and interesting, maybe something like the Elder scrolls mod. What would be interesting actually would be something like those ''Dawn of Kingdoms'' mods or whatever, those that start you with only one county and so on. Would make for a rather interesting experience, not to mention unique.
I doubt if CK2+ is compatible for conversion. I know it adds a few new cultures and religions that have the possibility of ****ing things up with regards to converting it. Although I'd assume the result of a failed conversion like that would probably just mean that the culture would be noculture or whatever it's called, and something like that for religion, so you could probably edit it manually if you wanted to.
In general, I think that what we need for a mod is mostly just something that allows us to play pagans as well.
Edit: Well I would like to complain about ninjas but the truth is that I took way too long to write this post, so cheers Dodes, cheers you magnificent bastard.

Dodes said:
Kobrag said:
Nodscouter said:
A: Maybe. We aren't developing the converter with mods in mind, so few will likely work out of the box. However, much of the raw data is pulled from the game installations or our rule files, so it could be adapted for many mods. Any of this work will be left to the creators or the fans of those mods, though we will gladly provide guidance.

>.> <.< dibs on tuscany if we are playing a mod that doesn't edit the standing countries in 1066
Ah no, I always marry tuscany as saxony :sad:

Since we have played (I mean the TW community) or at least tried to play CK2, we ran into a few problems.

The biggest most problem was, and still is are the infamous Antipopes. Any player with free investiture can make one and not press his claims, thus getting **** tons of cash. We never came to a conclusion on which how to deal with this problem, though numerous proposals were set. Such as no antipopes at all or just one. But with having one antipope limit, how can you decide which player should use him. See my point?

Second, though not the problem at that time, is to where as can we use the Character creation DLC, and create our own characters rather than picking pre-set ones.

And that was it. I had some "personal" problems with CK2 MP and that still hasn't been resolved, but it won't matter at all to you chaps.

Golradir said:
Dodes said:
Kobrag said:
Nodscouter said:

Ah no, I always marry tuscany as saxony :sad:
I like choosing tuscany because everybody marries the duchess of tuscany and gets an unfair boost  :razz:

Just because of that gamey tactic, I'm going to marry a courtier

Crroatian said:
Since we have played (I mean the TW community) or at least tried to play CK2, we ran into a few problems.

The biggest most problem was, and still is are the infamous Antipopes. Any player with free investiture can make one and not press his claims, thus getting **** tons of cash. We never came to a conclusion on which how to deal with this problem, though numerous proposals were set. Such as no antipopes at all or just one. But with having one antipope limit, how can you decide which player should use him. See my point?

Second, though not the problem at that time, is to where as can we use the Character creation DLC, and create our own characters rather than picking pre-set ones.

And that was it. I had some "personal" problems with CK2 MP and that still hasn't been resolved, but it won't matter at all to you chaps.
I would suggest one antipope per player. That way, it won't spiral out of control but we'll still actually be able to use the mechanic. Taking it away entirely would kinda suck, it'd be like taking out sea travel because someone has a giant fleet. It's a nice mechanic, if imbalanced.
As to character creation, I would suggest that we get to create our own characters if we so desire. It's not like anyone gains an unfair advantage over anyone else with it, considering everyone can create the same characters, and I really don't believe you get a huge advantage over someone else if you create your own compared to a preset char, although there are some pretty horrible preset ones, there are also some really good.

Nodscouter said:
Don't really like Lux Invicta, it's a bit too cluster****y I find. I'm all for something new and interesting, maybe something like the Elder scrolls mod.

Elder Kings mod is not out yet, and even if it was... The mod is not really stable enough for multiplayer. Trust me, I am a beta tester. *Brag*

Back
Top Bottom