SP Medieval Crusader beta mod in v 1011

Users who are viewing this thread

mightywolve said:
girarcat said:
In the crusader mod for the 0.751 version, the antioch,tripoli and jerusalem never were at war betweem them.. so it must be possible to do that..

It is possible, but why would he do that, if its not historical correct?
Rad already sayd, they were independent.

Oh! I didn't know tha these 3 kingdoms had been enemies. Forgive me, if it is historial correct the mod it's OK  :lol:

mightywolve said:
vadermath said:
Excuse my ignorance, but was this mod translated into English? If not, will it be?

Maybe someone will do.  :smile:

Hm? Download the mod, it's in English, I guess only the screens are in another language as I could play for like 2 hours and didn't stumble across any dialogue not in English.

Nice! I like that the villages are close to each other. But is the mod in English or in your language?

Here some Teutonic Knights:  Holy Roman Empire

screenshot_177187_thumb300.jpg

101175-King_Teutonic1_super.jpg

kingdoms_teutonic_1.jpg

s32194_pc_8.jpg

medieval-ii-total-war-kingdoms.241838.jpg

Hope this can Help you, with making textures for Holy Roman Empire Armors, or Horse blankets.

people stop talking nonsence! tripoli and antioch were just crusader states! not kingdoms! they didnt have kings and wernt at war with each other!

mightwolve:teutonic knights wernt part of roman empire army,it was order wich was independent and had their monastic state on prussia territory

GeorgianCrusader said:
people stop talking nonsence! tripoli and antioch were just crusader states! not kingdoms! they didnt have kings and wernt at war with each other!

mightwolve:teutonic knights wernt part of roman empire army,it was order wich was independent and had their monastic state on prussia territory

I know  :razz:

Venitius said:
I believe the Teutonic knights had a chapter house or something in/related to Acre.

*Mar. 5, 1198   Teutonic Knights established as a military order in a ceremony in Acre's Temple which was attended by the secular and clerical leaders of the Latin Kingdom. 

*King Guy of Jerusalem awarded Teutonic Order or "Teutonic Knights" a portion of a tower in Acre; the bequest was re-enforced on Feb. 10, 1192; the order perhaps shared the tower with the English Order of the Hospital of St. Thomas.

* 1198  First military action of the Teutonic Knights with King Amalric II of Jerusalem; Amalric gave them (in August) a tower in Acre, formerly belonging to the Order of St. Nicholas 

So yep. :grin:

Teutonic knights played rather lesser role in times of Crusades at Middle East. It was only a little German noble order in that time. As I know they established themselves in Acre in 1192 but  most of them left Middle East and went to Hungarian kingdom in 1211 where they received a land in Transylvania and  helped Hungarian king  to fight against Cumans. In 1225 was  requested to leave Hungarian kingdom because of their exaggerated demands. In Acre had their headquarter up to 1291. In 1291 they left Middle East forever. Then moved  to Venice where they have headquarter (1291-1309) but simultaneously made a northern Crusade in 1224 to the Baltic Sea where they founded their own Monastic state of Teutonic Knights (1224-1525) at place of today's Poland, Lithuania and Esthonia. Their seat was Marienburg (Malbork) first in today's Poland in period (1309-1466) then Konigsberg (1466-1525), then Mergentheim (1525-1809) and now they have a headquarter in Vienna from 1809.  :wink:

Their monastic state was largest in period 1309 - 1455.  :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Teutonic_state_1250.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Teutonic_state_1455_DGV.PNG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Teutonic_state_1466.png

Rad said:
Teutonic knights played rather lesser role in times of Crusades at Middle East. It was only a little German noble order in that time. As I know they established themselves in Acre in 1192 but  most of them left Middle East and went to Hungarian kingdom in 1211 where they received a land in Transylvania and  helped Hungarian king  to fight against Cumans. In 1225 was  requested to leave Hungarian kingdom because of their exaggerated demands. In Acre had their headquarter up to 1291. In 1291 they left Middle East forever. Then moved  to Venice where they have headquarter (1291-1309) but simultaneously made a northern Crusade in 1224 to the Baltic Sea where they founded their own Monastic state of Teutonic Knights (1224-1525) at place of today's Poland, Lithuania and Esthonia. Their seat was Marienburg (Malbork) first in today's Poland in period (1309-1466) then Konigsberg (1466-1525), then Mergentheim (1525-1809) and now they have a headquarter in Vienna from 1809.  :wink:

They were founded in 1190 as a Hospital Order like the Hospitallers during the siege of Acre, but they became a Military Order in 1198.  They only sent some knights to Hungary to help the Cumans, but they still were primarily focused on the Holy Land.  Even after conquering much of Prussia, it was still a secondary theater in both resources and priority for them.  Although they were obviously the lesser of the three main orders in the Holy Land, they still played a large role and were important.  For example, they owned the city of Sidon, had the fortress of Starkenberg, and controlled all port tolls in Acre.  It was only after 1291, when all crusaders were forced out of the Holy Land, that it began to change for them.  After 18 years of them waiting at Venice for an action to be made to go back, their Grandmaster decided to move the HQ to Marienberg for good, and as you say, from then on their power and influence grew....especially since any European ruler who wanted to crusade had to go to either their lands (which also include Livonia and only part of Lithuania, in addition to what you said) or Spain.  However, at the end of your statement, you mention where they were at various times.  Keep in mind the Teutonic Knights as we know them ceased to exist after 1525 when the Grandmaster converted to Lutheranism.

Also, please, for the love of God, do not give them the helmets that you see in Medieval Total War 2.  They did not wear those things, it is just a myth.  There are only 2 sources that show any knights linked to the Teutonics with helmets like that, and one of them is of the Bishop of Dorpat at Lake Peipus....and he wasn't even a Teutonic Knight!  Thank you Eisenstein for proliferating that false stereotype by your film Alexander Nevskii. In case anyone is wondering why am anal about the deals of the knights, well my avatar is a picture of me....the Teutonic Knights are a tremendous interest for me.

Also, please, for the love of God, do not give them the helmets that you see in Medieval Total War 2.  They did not wear those things, it is just a myth.  There are only 2 sources that show any knights linked to the Teutonics with helmets like that, and one of them is of the Bishop of Dorpat at Lake Peipus....and he wasn't even a Teutonic Knight!  Thank you Eisenstein for proliferating that false stereotype by your film Alexander Nevskii. In case anyone is wondering why am anal about the deals of the knights, well my avatar is a picture of me....the Teutonic Knights are a tremendous interest for me.

you know that they still exist right?  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom