OSP Medieval 2D Art Crusader Banners for Warband! Use as you wish. (Now with Saracen Banners)

Users who are viewing this thread

Fantastic thanks so much mate I managed to get them ingame :smile: using photoshop thanks a lot! I'm also a Crusader fan and always have been I don't know why Taleworlds hasn't made a major Crusader expansion pack that would definitely gain them plenty of cash more so than Mount and Blade and Warband put together! If I'm not exagerrating a bit...

Thanks for including Cruz de Cristo in your banners. Its portuguese battle flag  :razz:

caravela.gif

lamk10 said:
Is it normal than some banner don't work?

All banners should work correctly, if you use them the correct way. You use a program like Paint.NET and simply put the new banners you want to use, over those of the old ones you'd like to overwrite. Might take a bit of skill though to get it working correctly, but shouldn't be too hard to learn.

all is correct now but i have a problem when i take the banner pack, the banner appear on the front of my caracter
but in the back of my caracter i have a random colour

lamk10 said:
all is correct now but i have a problem when i take the banner pack, the banner appear on the front of my caracter
but in the back of my caracter i have a random colour

That would probably be the corresponding colour of the old banner. Seeing as I'm not really a Modder, I'm afraid I can't help you change that. All I did, was to replace banners that had the same color as the new one, at least then the colours fit.

Skauher said:
Hi ^^

Have you done a proper Hospitaller banner? Red backround with a white cross (quite similar to the Danish flag)

hospitaller-templar-flags-1240-2.jpg

I know some of the Hospitallers used a Red Flag, but many also used a black one, so I made quite a few black and white ones. I did make one for the Order of Malta, but I've been quite busy lately, so Im not sure when I'll be able to add any more. The Black banners with the white crosses are still "proper" Hospitaller banners though, as not all of them were part of the Order of Malta. :smile:

A quote by Dr. Helen Nicholson.

Like the Templars, the Hospitallers would have borne the same arms on their shield as on their banner. David Nicolle has also assumed this, in his Osprey book on the Knights Hospitaller, 1306-1565. The earliest pictures of Hospitaller shields that I have found are from Caoursin's account of the siege of Rhodes in 1480 -- these do show a red field with a white cross. This is not absolutely conclusive, but it does seem most likely that the Hospitallers' shield had not changed, and had always been red with a white cross.

Alas, I do not know of any Hospitaller frescoes like those at S. Bevignate in Perugia. Matthew Paris's _Historia Anglorum_ has one image of the Hospitallers' banner thrown down in defeat in 1239: this shows a red field with a white cross (London: British Library, MS Royal 14 C vii, fol. 130v). Again, in one manuscript of his _Chronica Majora_, Matthew showed the banners of the Hospitallers, the Templars and the king of France: and again the Hospitallers' banner has a red field with a red cross (Cambridge: Corpus Christi College, Parker Library, MS 16 fol. 141). He never shows the Hospitallers' shields. I think that it would be most likely, however, that the Hospitallers' shields matched their banner.

And a quote by Sander Marechal, a gent who has done some research on Hospitaller banners and shields.

The official coat of arms for the Knights Hospitaller is a white cross on a red field, or "gules, a cross argent" (at least since 1189 or so, long before they started wearing red surcoats).

Still, love the banners ^^

Skauher said:
A quote by Dr. Helen Nicholson.

Like the Templars, the Hospitallers would have borne the same arms on their shield as on their banner. David Nicolle has also assumed this, in his Osprey book on the Knights Hospitaller, 1306-1565. The earliest pictures of Hospitaller shields that I have found are from Caoursin's account of the siege of Rhodes in 1480 -- these do show a red field with a white cross. This is not absolutely conclusive, but it does seem most likely that the Hospitallers' shield had not changed, and had always been red with a white cross.

Alas, I do not know of any Hospitaller frescoes like those at S. Bevignate in Perugia. Matthew Paris's _Historia Anglorum_ has one image of the Hospitallers' banner thrown down in defeat in 1239: this shows a red field with a white cross (London: British Library, MS Royal 14 C vii, fol. 130v). Again, in one manuscript of his _Chronica Majora_, Matthew showed the banners of the Hospitallers, the Templars and the king of France: and again the Hospitallers' banner has a red field with a red cross (Cambridge: Corpus Christi College, Parker Library, MS 16 fol. 141). He never shows the Hospitallers' shields. I think that it would be most likely, however, that the Hospitallers' shields matched their banner.

And a quote by Sander Marechal, a gent who has done some research on Hospitaller banners and shields.

The official coat of arms for the Knights Hospitaller is a white cross on a red field, or "gules, a cross argent" (at least since 1189 or so, long before they started wearing red surcoats).

Still, love the banners ^^

Glad to hear that you like them at least, and Sander Marechal is not wrong, I'm just saying that he was probably talking of a certain kind of Hospitallers, as the Red and white coat of arms was used by the Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order. Still, other Hospitaller orders used black and white. Anyway, I might make some Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order coat-of-arms later, up until right now, I only implemented one, the one from Malta. Just have to wait and see how much spare time I got.

Skauher said:
Have you done a proper Hospitaller banner? Red backround with a white cross (quite similar to the Danish flag)
There's a reason for that. Historically, the Danish flag (the Dannebrog) is said to have descended from the heavens during the Danish-Estonian war, rallying the Danes to defeat the Estonians and conquer the country, afterwards adopting the flag as the flag of the nation. (Thereby becoming the oldest flag still in use by a nation today).

Since flags don't just drop out of the sky, scholars tend to support the theory that a Hospitalier for whatever reason may have partaken in the battle, and at some point lost his tabard, which was likely then taken and used as a flag to inspire the Danish troops. Whatever the reason and cause, the flag did turn up during that particular battle and has been used since. :smile:

CorSelinke said:
Hi! These banners look awesome, but I'm not too sure on how to get them in my game. Could somebody tell me how? I'm new at all of this stuff, so sorry.
copy that files and paste it to \program files\warband\textures.

Andalusian_Guard said:
I'm not seeing the Knights Templar banner.

It's suppose to be half black over white

I think it works cause it makes your soldiers have full white tunics with read crosses and that is historically what the Knights Templar wore.

Gulf_Of_Afa said:
Sir Adrian, my English is not excellent that'S why forgive me :wink:
I downloaded your flag mod, but I dont know?
Where I will put them?
Soryy for my English again...

copy that files and paste it to \program files\warband\textures.

Back
Top Bottom