Crucial Mechanic to deal with block delay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hell Noill gave me the round in the duel tourney because he said he hated the game so much, and he was damn good

First thing: iknow its only about block delay post.
Seconda thing: you already started complaining and fighting about game is bad or not.

So, I dunno how you can literally fight about liking this game because: de gustibus non est disputandum, and how can you defend a broken engine from the other side? And that is fact:
Movement is different, while feeling sluggish it's faster according to the action speeds ratio, the servers and/or engine don't recognize/ recognize each time differently those actions, including: DMG input/output parameters as well as attack speed/hit output landing speed and part of body where the hit landed, the projectiles and melee attacks happens to swing through enemies, constant model, animation and texture glitches. And yes on 1.4.1 it's still a thing.

Even if a medium-low casual player like myself can see these issues says that either or both top Warband players are right and sick of playing randomness where you cannot prove yourself or those who defend the brand new not for boomers Bannerlord to have health issues with sensors.

Block delay is bad but we have to deal with it. I just don't like how players say that block delay is the reason for BLs failiure.
Just because I share my thoughts on how to adapt to block delay does not mean that I like it?

Block delay
Pro:
-it is something new
-increases skill cap (you have to consider more things than the mouse movement)

Cons:
-feels unsatisfying
-forces defensive/gambling playstile (forces defensive playstyle and to regain presseure you have to gamble spam him during his feints)
-punishment for doing the fist step in a 1v1
-experienced players can abuse it to kill beginners with late feints (yes the opposite of TWs intention)
-1v2 is harder

So is block delay a good feature? No. Does it ruin BL? No. Will they remove it? No. Will Aprikosenmann make the best out of it? Yes. Should we still demand a reduced/removed block delay? Yes.
I applaud you on that conclusion. Very constructive. I agree fully.

Before it starts again... I want block delay to be lowered. I stated that many times. And I mean it. I want it to be lower than now but not completely removed.

I want block delay to be lowered. I stated that many times. And I mean it. I want it to be lower than now but not completely removed.
That's like saying you want to reduce the size of extra wheels on a tricycle. It's best to remove them completely and ride a proper bicycle.

Warband's combat:
m5ZBpvN.jpg
Bannerlord's combat:
uzVkz3N.jpg

I applaud you on that conclusion. Very constructive. I agree fully.

Before it starts again... I want block delay to be lowered. I stated that many times. And I mean it. I want it to be lower than now but not completely removed.
I don't think anyone is arguing for the removal of a delay between pressing the block button and the block actually happening. Warband had this too. The problem is the "location based" block delay, which causes most of the negatives that Aprikosen mentioned. If we just roll over and collectively accept that it's not changing (which is the exact same argument people keep making about the class system, mind you), we end up with a worse game than if it were addressed. TW echo-chambered their way into dumb MP decisions. If we don't keep hammering about how dumb those ideas are, they won't realise they are in an echo chamber, and the game suffers for it.

Hey guys,

I just want to leave this information here because im shocked how many players did not realise it:

In warband it was just a smart thing to always hold down left mouse while blocking. I think the majority of players used it.
This habit will ruin your bannerlord experience because of block delay. Dont do it and you will be able to block everything.

The reason for it is simple: There is no big delay between blocks but a big one between holding an attack and block.
Yep, I started using this when duelling kazu and you and it makes blocking a lot easier. I still lose most of the time but sometimes I survive for a few seconds.

I solved the problem of block delay myself, and what I do is if I can't kill them on the first swing, I back off and let my teammates deal with them while I go search for a noob or some poor sucker who got himself in a fight with four of us.

Then I get lanced by a cav barreling around a corner, so i go to a Warband server and play satisfying combat with archaic graphics.

Disclaimer: I think this game is currently broken

Wow, okay, so I just learned about the lmb hold block method today. This makes the whole “block delay” issue many of you are talking about make a lot more sense.

The fact of the matter is you can change your block direction way faster than you can change your attack direction.

When I get hit, it is ALWAYS (**ping issues notwithstanding**) because I didn’t react quickly enough, I input the wrong direction, let go of the rmb for an instant while tracking with my mouse, timed my attack incorrectly, or was outside the correct angle of rotation for the attack.

I’ve dedicated many hours, with the considerable help of members of the community, to only learning how to block, and once again, latency notwithstanding, the biggest reason why I can’t block is only myself. My reaction speed is somewhat slow like about 200 ms or so. So I get wrecked pretty often and need much more practice.

The more I play the more I feel like I am not being forced into a defensive playstyle. I am practicing utilizing correct stances for attacks while prioritizing the right foot forward stance for defense since it keeps the weapon furthest away from my body. I can use only one block direction to stop spammy right left attacks. Controlling distance, dodging attacks, and timing my attacks with feints after noticing an opening is my primary concern when I’m trying to land a hit. I’m also spending time practicing up/right or down/right blocks and attacks and dealing with chained feints and same direction feints.

My goal is to be proficient enough to be able to close out a duel as quickly as possible in 1-2 precise and successful attacks, which I can sometimes manage.
If tw changes anything at all currently, simply increasing the angle of rotation with which you can block an attack would work wonders to solve the issues with twohander spammy snake attacks. Doesn’t make sense that I can stop the force of a weapon with mine but because it was 91 degrees and not 90 (or whatever the angle is) I get dealt the full 120 dmg. A ~10-20 degree increase would be amazing.

My take on it is that, while the lmb method is a clever technique, I don’t enjoy holding a button on my mouse while moving it and letting it go to perform an action. It’s kind of ass backwards and is totally not precise and I really don’t mind that the current mechanics punishes that technique.

I’m sorry but there is a very high skill ceiling in Bannerlord.

Feel free to shred my thoughts. In fact PLEASE DO :grin:

Last edited:

You can't do any of this in bannerlord for 2 main reasons :
1)You would just get kicked /slashed to death(or i guess shield bashed lol)
2)You are almost unable to attack back in those situations
1v1 duels are such a small part of the game.
On all other modes players will face situations where they will be outnumbered(with no shield) but the game currently force players to just block in those situations because there's no way you can press the attack button unless you have an incredibly BIG window for it.
Most of the times that you would try to hit in between the enemy attacks(which means fighting back:unsure:) you would just get punished because the game doesn't allow you to do so.
To me being able to win 2v1s(or more) withouth a shield was a really juicy part in warband and made it so that no matter how ridicolous the odds were, with skill and effort you had the possibility to overcome them.

You can't do any of this in bannerlord for 2 main reasons :
1)You would just get kicked /slashed to death(or i guess shield bashed lol)
2)You are almost unable to attack back in those situations
1v1 duels are such a small part of the game.
On all other modes players will face situations where they will be outnumbered(with no shield) but the game currently force players to just block in those situations because there's no way you can press the attack button unless you have an incredibly BIG window for it.
Most of the times that you would try to hit in between the enemy attacks(which means fighting back:unsure:) you would just get punished because the game doesn't allow you to do so.
To me being able to win 2v1s(or more) withouth a shield was a really juicy part in warband and made it so that no matter how ridicolous the odds were, with skill and effort you had the possibility to overcome them.

I mean okay I guess but did you not see goblins 1 v a million on video or do you just come here to nerdrage about warband being replaced with a blocking system that is objectively harder to learn? :roll::grin::oops::wink:<3

I mean okay I guess but did you not see goblins 1 v a million on video or do you just come here to nerdrage about warband being replaced with a blocking system that is objectively harder to learn? :roll::grin::oops::wink:<3

I just watched that video now after seeing your comment because I was interested. That you see them as comparable does more to undermine your point than any reply can ever do.

I just watched that video now after seeing your comment because I was interested. That you see them as comparable does more to undermine your point than any reply can ever do.
That you reply so makes me wonder what you think my point is....................................................................................?

No u. Kick/slash. U can literally 1vX in bl even with smol brain
Absolute nonsense

EDIT: I know you will talk **** so I'll come to whatever region you're from with 1 person and I bet you can't even kill one of us. We can bet whatever you want

Last edited:
Absolute nonsense

EDIT: I know you will talk **** so I'll come to whatever region you're from with 1 person and I bet you can't even kill one of us. We can bet whatever you want

1v1 me scrub =D

mods: this one is probably my fault isn't it? can clean up everything after and including my reply to tom's first post xD

1v1 me scrub =D
What 1v1 has to do here? You said>>>"U can literally 1vX in bl even with smol brain" just do me a favor and stop just stop you're a forum warrior and the conclusion is that you're dog **** in the game. Sure I will 1v1 you

What 1v1 has to do here? You said>>>"U can literally 1vX in bl even with smol brain" just do me a favor and stop just stop you're a forum warrior and the conclusion is that you're dog **** in the game. Sure I will 1v1 you

Your rank is literally Knight at Arms. I think you're a much better forum warrior than me. I'll hit you up in rat party discord for a friendly 1v1 for SURE

For posterity, the only time you can think that 1vX doesn't happen in bl is if you don't play bl. The whole point of my reply to Tom was that while the game play might look completely different 1vX possibilities are still there. Simply *removing* the variable block delay isn't going to change the things that make 1vX different or more difficult for warband vets in bl compared to warband. As far as I understand block delay has already been adjusted, and also there are other bigger issues to be crying about and to be honest perhaps you should be taking my feedback as a scrub a little bit more seriously. Would be a real shame if I beat you wouldn't it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom