Crucial Mechanic to deal with block delay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys,

I just want to leave this information here because im shocked how many players did not realise it:

In warband it was just a smart thing to always hold down left mouse while blocking. I think the majority of players used it.
This habit will ruin your bannerlord experience because of block delay. Dont do it and you will be able to block everything.

The reason for it is simple: There is no big delay between blocks but a big one between holding an attack and block.

Doesn't this force you into a very defensive playstyle? I know you're trolling but I'm also curious to have this question answered.
What makes you think I'm trolling? But you are kinda right, it becomes hard to counter attack at the right moment which makes you more voulnerable to spam.

This advice, while admirable, will make anyone who uses it incredibly vulnerable to spam -especially if there's a ping discrepancy between you and the person you're fighting. Secondly, it pretty much eliminates any possibility of meta-gaming your opponent by throwing a quick attack in when they overfeint -there simply won't be enough time.

In addition, this would essentially cause the user's fighting style to be wholly reactive rather than proactive. This is a problem because such passivity allows your opponent to dictate the entire pace of the fight on their terms. You'll always be on your heels and will eventually drown in their tidal wave of attacks.

Really, the only solution to the block delay issue is community-wide solidarity in refusing to accept such an abomination -no compromises.

Last edited:
It feels natural to be ready to attack straight after a block, thats why most people get caught out by it, just holding right click does not feel good.

Also even with the holding right click method there are certain attacks that reach you before you can block

I agree that it has a few downsides however I clearly think its the way to go. Block delay is too big of an issue. You have to make sure to interrupt your enemy when he starts feinting too much.
In general it feels like block delay forces a type of gabling meta...

RCC God Explain that move or I dont believe.

Good thing to take into consider while waiting for a big update that fixes it all :grin:

(That update might never come but I'm still somewhat hopeful)

Yes yes yes you got it right!!!! (y)(y)(y)
People on forum don't want to adapt to the new game. They want warband 2, and me too, but it is not warband 2.

In warband I often clicked block and attack almost in the same time to keep the pressure going while keeping the defense up, CAN'T DO IN BANNERLORD, GOTTA ADAPT.

In wardband, when facing an opponent that feints alot and proficiently, I clicked block repeatedly in the direction of opponent's feints and it increased the chance of blocking, at least that was what I did and I think a lot of people did too. Now, CANT DO THAT IN BANNERLORD TOO.

In BANNERLORD you have to stay away from clicking anything (block or attack) until the moment of the actual strike of your opponent and only then you have to click the right block direction ONCE.

This change requires more precise actions from players defensively and it makes offence more dangerous in general. ( Btw people who think that spam is bad for the gameplay are just not very good at the game, I am sorry, no offence, but it seems to be true)

P.S. Yet melee offence seems kinda weak in BANNERLORD (in skirmish) due to HEAVY ARMOR FROM THE START which is actually the worst thing with bannerlord MP. ARMORED MEN AND HORSES FROM THE START that is just not fun and not good for competitive balance.

Im so glad someone else noticed the adaption required in BANNERLORD !

Yes yes yes you got it right!!!! (y)(y)(y)
People on forum don't want to adapt to the new game. They want warband 2, and me too, but it is not warband 2.

In warband I often clicked block and attack almost in the same time to keep the pressure going while keeping the defense up, CAN'T DO IN BANNERLORD, GOTTA ADAPT.

In wardband, when facing an opponent that feints alot and proficiently, I clicked block repeatedly in the direction of opponent's feints and it increased the chance of blocking, at least that was what I did and I think a lot of people did too. Now, CANT DO THAT IN BANNERLORD TOO.

In BANNERLORD you have to stay away from clicking anything (block or attack) until the moment of the actual strike of your opponent and only then you have to click the right block direction ONCE.

This change requires more precise actions from players defensively and it makes offence more dangerous in general. ( Btw people who think that spam is bad for the gameplay are just not very good at the game, I am sorry, no offence, but it seems to be true)

P.S. Yet melee offence seems kinda weak in BANNERLORD (in skirmish) due to HEAVY ARMOR FROM THE START which is actually the worst thing with bannerlord MP. ARMORED MEN AND HORSES FROM THE START that is just not fun and not good for competitive balance.

Im so glad someone else noticed the adaption required in BANNERLORD !
The worst thing about what you just said, is that some people actually feel like this so u can't tell if someone is trolling or not

I am not trolling, I am just trying to point out that block delay is not a flat worsening of the gameplay.
Are you calling blocking that is not responding to your input a good gameplay element? It's like shooting a gun in a game, a very slight delay is fine because humans can have a very very slight delay in reaction, but not a delay to the point its noticeable. Like said before, warband has a very slight delay that was fine to play with.

Back
Top Bottom