SP Native Crouching-mod version 1.0 reliesed!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Colt said:
Well, he may have not but didn't realise that he did not.
Well, are you sure this is not done by changing animation? I'm pretty sure that I am not hit there where normally my head would be ... I tested again and made 2 screenshots (I hope they'll prove it)

Raz said:
you should make the legs bend too :smile:
I'm not sure if walking with crouching still works well then and I have some big problem with using BRFEdit. I'll try to make them bend but I'm not sure if that will work...

Raz said:
you should make the legs bend too :smile:
Well, that is not possable with using the defend movement, because when you're running while crouching it uses not the legs of the "defend-frames", it uses the "running-frames" for the legs ... so only while standing you can bend the legs.
Also there is the problem of jumping ... you would fly a little bit in the air exept if somebody knows how to change the position  of the skeleton only for one frame...

Don't have a clue about how skeleton animation is defined, but...

Could you bump the entire skeleton downwards in an upside-down curve, like an "unjump"? So your animation combined with the natural trajectory of the jump becomes stationary.

fisheye said:
Don't have a clue about how skeleton animation is defined, but...

Could you bump the entire skeleton downwards in an upside-down curve, like an "unjump"? So your animation combined with the natural trajectory of the jump becomes stationary.
good idea could work, but I don't know where the jump and its high is saved

That is of course possible,  but like thorgrim did/said, a big pain in the ass (he did it with the dragon)

Well, I'm going to release it today or tomorrow, does anyone know if it is possable to make him run slower while crouching? I know in Star Wars mod the Jedis are running faster so it may be possable.

Highlander said:
Well, I'm going to release it today or tomorrow, does anyone know if it is possable to make him run slower while crouching? I know in Star Wars mod the Jedis are running faster so it may be possable.
The jedi are probably fast because of high athleics skills, though.

jeansberg said:
Highlander said:
The jedi are probably fast because of high athleics skills, though.
lol... I didn't know that it was made that easy.

Great idea Highlander, glad to see someone doing some animation editing :smile:

Hopefully next version of BRFEdit should make it a little easier to do this kind of thing. Unfortunately there doesn't really seem to be any way to get around having to replace other animations like you have done though.

However you can still make new combat animations etc :smile:

You can also make variations of animations, so for example you could have 3 different sword slash styles, and it randomly picks one.

But there is still some work to do before its ready...

http://www.planetcallofduty.com/image.asp?/callofduty/files/screenshots/screenshot_7.jpg <-- take a look at the leg and back animation on that yankee, we could use some kind of crouching that was like that

http://www.goodgame.se/upload/gameguide/games/PC/thief-deadlyshadows/screenshots/Club.jpg <--- and that kind of crouching would be great when you try to sneak closer to the archers add an shield block animation before your head and voila - an great mod

The necromancer is here. Does this work in .808? and can the crouching character be made to look less stupid than in the screenshots?

Back
Top Bottom