Crouch walking/Crawling

Users who are viewing this thread

Has anyone managed to find a code that will work for crouch walking or crawling? I have seen it done before on Youtube, though haven't been able to create anything that works myself.

pete99 said:
Has anyone managed to find a code that will work for crouch walking or crawling? I have seen it done before on Youtube, though haven't been able to create anything that works myself.

you can see a working example on VC modsys. Look for the triggers on "creeping ="

Code:
creeping = [  #4 triggers; requires common_controller_keys*, init $player_functions

Thanks. I managed to get the crouch working after pressing a key. Though, I can't use a weapon at the same time as doing it. Any ideas how I could change this to allow use of a weapon at the same time?

All that remains in my code is this:

(eq, ":action_type", player_action_key_down_held),       
        (get_player_agent_no, ":player_agent"),
        (try_begin),
          (agent_set_speed_modifier, ":player_agent", 40),
          (agent_set_walk_forward_animation, ":player_agent", "anim_walk_forward_crouch"),

# (assign, "$controller_keys", 0), common_controller_keys_end
      (presentation_set_duration, 0),
      # (clear_omitted_keys),
      (try_end),

It all works fine when I am not holding a weapon, but when I am holding a weapon (like a musket) it simply turns it into normal walk mode. As soon as I sheath the weapon the crouch walk begins to work again. I'm not sure if there is some other code I need to edit...maybe the animation itself?

NOTE: I am using this code in the Napoleonic Wars DLC.

[edit] also, since this is set in walk mode, is there some way to make walking faster? I tried adjusting:

(agent_set_speed_modifier, ":player_agent", 40),

but anything higher than 40 simply makes it turn into running animation, and the crouch walk animation no longer works.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom