Users who are viewing this thread

Malris66

Recruit
Hi!
During sieges crossbowmen have quivers instead of bolt bags hence unable to shoot.
I play "Litdum's Diplomacy". I re-installed the game completely and started a new save, but the issue still exists.
It seems to have appeared when I added "Swiss Halberd" from "Banner Page" mod. I'm a complete newbie with item swapping, so I guess I messed up here, however the item itself works and looks fine. I can't imagine how it could have affected the troop equipment during sieges.

So any ideas?

List of edited files.
item_kinds1(manually copy pasted and renamed an entry for "Swiss Halberd")
menus(added a number in "mno_cheat_find_item_next_range")
module.ini(added a new "load_mod_resource" entry)

Did you try to swap an item or did you try to add an item?
Add. I copied all the necessary files and created new entries.
And I also had to delete all of the game files in registry and use CCleaner in order to make the game run duly again. However, I haven't touched anything but troop trees and some troop stats now.

Upvote 0
So it's working fine now and you still want to add your new items?
Well, I've settled to give my Pikemen Glaives, but I'd like to know what is the problem that caused the bug so I can prevent it in the future. I've searched the net and couldn't find anything relatable.
Plus it is really frustrating learning all the stuff just to find out it I can't to anything with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I assume that you are using Morgh's Editor to add new items, is that correct? Ot did you work with plain txt. files entries?
I mostly followed this tutorial, but I had to manually add the weapon entry in "item_kinds1.txt" + Import and assign Materials and Textures. Right after, however I went to Morgh's which corrected the total number of items and renamed the item.
I honestly cannot really remember the exact order of things, but I tried numerous combinations with and without the editor. In the end the item appeared fine and I thought everything had worked out, but later I stumbled upon the bug.

Upvote 0
Add your item at the bottom of the item list, not in the middle, and assign it to a troop. If you add it in between, it might cause disorder at some internal constants and perhaps the error you encountered. I still wonder how the crossbowmen got quivers instead of bolt bags, did you do any changes to their equipment?

Upvote 0
Add your item at the bottom of the item list, not in the middle, and assign it to a troop. If you add it in between, it might cause disorder at some internal constants and perhaps the error you encountered. I still wonder how the crossbowmen got quivers instead of bolt bags, did you do any changes to their equipmeI alwa
I always added it to the bottom, right before "item_end", but I can recall on one of my attempts the item appeared somewhere in the middle.
During my latest playthrough with Halberd being the last item, I had changed Swadian troop tree, stats and equipment completely, touched Rhodoks just a bit and the both side had the same issue. I also triple checked in the editor, troops.txt and in the game itself and they all had bolts.
After non-clean reinstall I didn't change anything at all and the issue still existed.
Now I have changed Swadian troops, gear and stats entirely, somewhat tinkered Nords and left Rhodoks be. Multiple tests appeared bugless.

Here's the screenshot of them fancying Khergit arrows :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom