SP - General Crossbowman and their shield.

Users who are viewing this thread

So since crossbowman have shield on their back , can they use it as a cover?
i am talking about putting the shield down as a cover barricade (i belive this post was also suggested on reddit too)
Gameplay wise it would be nice for any type of Pavise Shield to have an option to be settled down as a cover shield , and let the AI pick them back when no threat is nearby.

jwmzq05oqor41.jpg

Absolutely valid on the part of the OP bringing this topic, however this has already been commented on several times (here is a recent example).

I am going to vote NO and I will explain it.

We all know what are the strengths and weaknesses of the current AI... the latter being much more relevant nowadays. I have a hard time visualising a combat AI that performs basic cover tasks correctly by parapeting behind the """"pavise"""" and firing from there.

If that were to "work", we would be boosting an already OP unit with an OP variable.

I see only this kind of behaviour (turning and reloading) as viable and plausible... perhaps this particular shield could be given more projectile blocking power when equipped on the back.

Edit: wrong video

Last edited:
I see only this kind of behaviour (turning and reloading) as viable and plausible... perhaps this particular shield could be given more projectile blocking power when equipped on the back.

Edit: wrong video

Excelent alternative! What can be done is to add arbalests with this kind of animation of reload for the units with "pavise" shields.

Functional back shields is a feature this game should already have...

Back
Top Bottom