Crossbow Skill Progression Locked out at Character Creation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Raso719

Recruit
Hello,

I do not seem to be able to find a Crossbow that does not have a skill requirement less than 10. My Character currently has only a skill level of 5 in Crossbows. Is this intended? There seems to be no way to progress in Crossbows if your character doesn't already have at least 10 points in the skill.

Pick one up during or after a siege. You can even shoot friendly troops in the arse after you win. It will get to the required 10xp fast.

But yeah, this is a simple value change and it's immediately evident. I have no idea why they haven't fixed it yet.

There seems to be no way to progress in Crossbows if your character doesn't already have at least 10 points in the skill.
You can.

Go to the any imperium town.
Go to the arena and start a fight
If they didnt give you a xbow leave and go to fight again before you get a xbow
Do it again and again before reaching 20

You can.

Go to the any imperium Vlandian town.

Fixed that for you.
I haven't seen crossbow in any empire arenas (at least in Southern Empire where I play), but in Vlandian arenas they are frequent.

You can.

Go to the any imperium town.

See, I was really hoping it wasn't going to be something exploity like that. Like, why can I find and use a Tournament crossbow but I can't find one to use in the market? They even sell tournament arrows!

I figured that was the "solution" but I don't think it's the right one for the game long term and I hope they either add a beginner's crossbow or some other way to train a skill up to at least rank 10, maybe by seeking a tutor or using the weapon in the training field.

See, I was really hoping it wasn't going to be something exploity like that. Like, why can I find and use a Tournament crossbow but I can't find one to use in the market? They even sell tournament arrows!

I figured that was the "solution" but I don't think it's the right one for the game long term and I hope they either add a beginner's crossbow or some other way to train a skill up to at least rank 10, maybe by seeking a tutor or using the weapon in the training field.
I'm sure they'll add a beginner crossbow to shops at some point. They're in the game, its just that a lot of items still aren't showing up at merchants right now. It'll get fixed eventually.

It is more ez just to change in files Xbow skill requirement for simple Xbow.

or you can fight against vlandia, and eventually a bent, cracked or some other light crossbow will show up with 0 skill requirement. Use the damaged one. It works, is worse than normal, but no other legit way agaprt vland arenas, ending it immediately when xbow isnt a starting weapon.

currently best crossbowmen are mercenary, 180 skill, vlandian sharshooter 130 skil, seemingly gimped imperial sergeant crossbow 80 crossbow skill. 80 skill for a T5 unit is more along the lines of worse than militia, at 90. Veteran militia units like in vlandia, their archers use crossbows, 150 skill.

My current char has some 160 skill in xbow, it was hard work, worth it ? Not really. But to level it up I frequently went alone vs looters, shot them with tournament bolts (worse dmg vs head) and when close, retreated and all over. I shot from 3rd person with the trajectory showing up. In most cases headshots especially from close range are much easier to do from 3rd.

once you have 20 skill, you can either get Crossbow for 1k or very good and cheap arbalest for 2,7k, however, 9k+ hickory xbow is still visibly better.

Currently unavailable best xbow has 70 skill requirement and its damage is just 100. (previously was 119) Considering that maximum amount of bolts is no more than 20 and that bows easily outdamage and RoF is also higher, you arent getting any advantage. Neither in sieges do you have proper big mobile rampart crossbows.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom