Crossbow price/availability

Users who are viewing this thread

Scarf Ace

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I've been searching for a while now, and only crossbow I can find is the aptly named "Crossbow", which costs over 20k. For all I know it might be an incredibly powerful weapon, but the lack of "entry level" crossbows surely disincentivises the player to use them, at the moment there's no practical reason not to just stick with the far more accessible regular bows instead.

Was thinking the same thing, during character creation I thought I would take a crossbow expert, woops, wasted points. Why not have different tiers of crossbow
  • T1 Simple crossbow
  • T2 Hunting Crossbow
  • T3 Crossbow
  • T4 Heavy Crossbow
  • T5 Siege Crossbow
  • T6 Arbalest

Was thinking the same thing, during character creation I thought I would take a crossbow expert, woops, wasted points. Why not have different tiers of crossbow
  • T1 Simple crossbow
  • T2 Hunting Crossbow
  • T3 Crossbow
  • T4 Heavy Crossbow
  • T5 Siege Crossbow
  • T6 Arbalest
In Warband you had many tiers of crossbow. I was hoping they'd improve upon this and add different loading methods (windlass, crannequin, etc). Instead they simplified it down to a single useless weapon at a 21k price. Pretty laughable.

I did some delving, and by looking at troop portraits it's clear that there are at least three different crossbows in the game. Yeah, probably a bug.

I get the impression that they haven't implemented crossbows into the game yet. If you look at crossbow bolts in the shops, you will see that they all do 0 damage. I hope they put it in soon as I love crossbows. I have wasted speccing into the skill tree with crossbows

I think this is simlar to the lack of armor issue. There's tons of stuff that is not purchasable from merchants in Single Player for whatever reason. The only crossbow I ever see is Tier 6, nothing Tier 1-5 which would be more reasonably priced and affordable.

I expect this to be corrected fairly soon, Taleworlds seems hard at work!

• T1 Simple crossbow
  • T2 Hunting Crossbow
  • T3 Crossbow
  • T4 Heavy Crossbow
  • T5 Siege Crossbow
  • T6 Arbalest

It is a bit weird to have them as specializtion in a way, given the game plays centuries before Warband aka crossbows should/could be only a rare thing and pretty crappy as not fully mature, yet. Aka the crossbows of the early middle ages were pretty crap and limited when compared to the ones in the 100 Years War.

But I agree on pricing and availability. Broke myself a fetch quest. Oh, you need some weapons smuggled in for 10k? Wonderful. 6? No problem... Oh my god, how much per item!??!

Going by what one of the mod authors on the Nexus posted, it seems there's some weird pricing/economy issues with ranged weapons that's preventing them from being produced in towns. There are apparently additional bows and crossbows in the game (that are not MP-locked) that simply don't spawn because their monetary value is calculated to be far too high - even higher than the already nuts 20k crossbow and 31k steppe war bow.

I'm guessing the reason wood workshops were so busted on initial release was because they were turning cheap hardwood into overpriced ranged weapons and selling them lol.

It might not be a bug, but that they just haven't dealt with crossbows yet.
They will probably add them and more armors later on. Or at least that's what I tell myself, it would be insane to just have 1 crossbow all over Calradia which costs 20 k.

Back
Top Bottom