[Critical] Combat AI 1vs1 circle strafing exploit ruins melee combat

Users who are viewing this thread

Repro steps: Go to to training field, train with the rookie or veteran ( also reproduces in any other melee encounter). Get close to your opponent and start circling around him. He cannot turn fast enough to hit you. If you start spamming left or right attacks, you will always beat him. You can easily win any 1vs1 encounter. I noticed I started to win easily every tournament just by moving slightly to the left and right. Then I saw that by circling him, he is unable to do anything.

This is a serious issue that ruins melee combat. The AI in Bannerlord seems better than in Warband, as long as you keep the opponent in front of you. But fighting involves lots of footwork, you cannot expect me not to go to the right or left.

Its not that they cannot run fast enough it's that they can't turn fast enough.
Rotation is a stat in most games so that AIs can't move like an aimbot and instantly 180º turn around and immediately headshot everything in 360 degrees.
They don't need to run faster they need to rotate faster.

I'm playing with a low vigor character and i always get outrunned by my teammates in the earlier rounds and have to carry the low tournament rounds solo, we don't need them to run faster, please don't make that mistake.

Its not that they cannot run fast enough it's that they can't turn fast enough.
Rotation is a stat in most games so that AIs can't move like an aimbot and instantly 180º turn around and immediately headshot everything in 360 degrees.
They don't need to run faster they need to rotate faster.

I'm playing with a low vigor character and i always get outrunned by my teammates in the earlier rounds and have to carry the low tournament rounds solo, we don't need them to run faster, please don't make that mistake.

+1
+1
+1

Lol clearly you guys haven't had a lot of fights with highwaymen yet. They spin around like a ballerina when I get close to them, hurdling their javelins right in my face when I try to strike them. It's impossible how fast they aim for that.

Maybe there is a difference between their ranged and melee rotation speed?

Back
Top Bottom