Criminal Treaties?

Users who are viewing this thread

JayWalker

Regular
One thing I haven't seen discussed much is the level of diplomacy between factions.
Will it just be peace agreement (post war), no relationship, war. Or will there be trade agreements?

There is actually opportunity for some interesting diplomatic options that might affect the player even in the early game before a faction is joined.

One example would be extradition or law enforcement treaties. My understanding is that currently if you are a known criminal in Vlandia a quick trip into Sturgia will see you free and clear allowing you to use it as a base of operations to mount raids into Vlandia. However what if one day you ride into Sturgia to find that they have signed a treaty to extradite or hang criminals of a high enough notoriety from Vlandia?
Rather than a treaty what if a country could post an international bounty on specifically notorious criminals that anyone could collect? This would provide quests for the player, but the player may also get caught by some lord or even in a foreign town if he is recognized.

What kind of interesting diplomatic options would you guys like to see in Bannerlord?

One thing I haven't seen discussed much is the level of diplomacy between factions.
Will it just be peace agreement (post war), no relationship, war. Or will there be trade agreements?

There is actually opportunity for some interesting diplomatic options that might affect the player even in the early game before a faction is joined.

One example would be extradition or law enforcement treaties. My understanding is that currently if you are a known criminal in Vlandia a quick trip into Sturgia will see you free and clear allowing you to use it as a base of operations to mount raids into Vlandia. However what if one day you ride into Sturgia to find that they have signed a treaty to extradite or hang criminals of a high enough notoriety from Vlandia?
Rather than a treaty what if a country could post an international bounty on specifically notorious criminals that anyone could collect? This would provide quests for the player, but the player may also get caught by some lord or even in a foreign town if he is recognized.

What kind of interesting diplomatic options would you guys like to see in Bannerlord?
You make some great points. I too would like to see some more depth. I would especially like to see other adventurers running around doing quests or trading etc.. there wouldnt need to be a lot of them but fellow adventurers is something I ve always felt was lacking. VC tried this but they were very cookie cutter and didnt fulfill quests etc.

Being able to help or hinder other adventurers would be fun as well. Eg talking to them and they ask for help taking on a powerful bandit that happens to be another adventurer that turned outlaw and is raiding the country side with a bunch of good units that he actually recruited/trained up in the same way the player/lords do.

Back
Top Bottom