Cries of War Soundpack v3.0 [28/12] NEW

Users who are viewing this thread

Eisenhouwer said:
Try this:
First reïnstall M&B 0.903 (123.23mb version recommanded) make sure you have a clean install. Second extract the soundpack to a map in my documents. (not yet in M&B) Third delete the files 'readme' & 'module' of the soundpack in the map of my documents. Then cut and paste the sounds in your Native sound map (not in main dir of m&b) and the 'sounds' file in your Native map. (click yes to overwrite) Finally open the 'module' file of Native and change this line ' scan_module_sounds = 0 ' to ' scan_module_sounds = 1'

I hope this works for you.

i had the same problem and that solution took care of it. There's an easier way to fix the module.ini file, though, just install M&B 0.903 somewhere else clean, then copy the module.ini file from the fresh install to the one you're playing and then tweak it with the ' scan_module_sounds = 1' line. now you can delete the new install you made because you won't need it anymore. that works just the same, i'm only guessing that you won't need to reconfigure the game all over again on a clean install. you just need the clean module.ini file. anyway, it's an awesome soundpack, i especially like the arrow/bolt sounds, although all the other samples are great too! :grin: thanks Eisenhouwer!

damn i should read the entire thread before installing any mod.  :sad:

downloading vanilla again now, will try to do this module.ini trick then.

if i may make a suggestion to the mod creator: edit your starting post, informing everyone how to properly install your mod on vanilla to avoid any mistakes.

Nahkuri said:
Anyone know if this will work with 950? The game feels much less intensive with native sounds.

I haven't checked it out yet but my guesses are it won't work 100% since 0.950 has now ambient sounds. No fear Ill update the pack as soon as the module system is released.

yeih!

out of curiosity: what will the game do when i place the files not in
...\Mount&Blade\Modules\Native\Sounds
but in
...\Mount&Blade\Sounds

i did so with the quick port and that seemed to be the trick..?

astat said:
yeih!

out of curiosity: what will the game do when i place the files not in
...\Mount&Blade\Modules\Native\Sounds
but in
...\Mount&Blade\Sounds

i did so with the quick port and that seemed to be the trick..?

That will work too for native and every other mod that doesn't edit sounds. (I think) But I didn't want to put that in since when you put the sounds in ...\Mount&Blade\Sounds they get mixed up with the original M&B sounds so if something should happen it's harder to find what's original and what's not.
The 'sounds' file included in the soundpack should be placed in ...\Mount&Blade\Modules\Native\Sounds or ...\Mount&Blade\Modules\Mod\Sounds.
So it's better that you stick the 2 togeter in the same dir. (sounds folder & sounds file)

Also don't forget to open the module file in the Native/Mod folder and change the line ' scan_module_sounds = 0 ' to ' scan_module_sounds = 1'

Very nice sound pack, but there is just one issue. The horse sounds in combat are very heavy in the low frequency range. Because of that, the rest of the sounds don't "get through" and everything sounds muddled together. Some of the other sounds in general seem heavy on the low end, too. I have 400W Klipsch speakers, so there's no issue of speaker quality :smile:

HardCode said:
Very nice sound pack, but there is just one issue. The horse sounds in combat are very heavy in the low frequency range. Because of that, the rest of the sounds don't "get through" and everything sounds muddled together. Some of the other sounds in general seem heavy on the low end, too. I have 400W Klipsch speakers, so there's no issue of speaker quality :smile:

I felt the same thing. It's a lot of work to balance the sounds between eachother and the more sounds you put in... you get the picture. But I think the great majority of the sounds are very good, so when properly balanced I'm sure this pack will sound absolutely great :smile:

Doesn't help. I have the same sounds as native had in the start, still i have copied the files in the Native Sounds map. And i changed the scan thing to 1 from 0.

Antoxi said:
And i changed the scan thing to 1 from 0.
wrong.jpg

set it back to 1.

Read!! I set the scan thing TO 1. FROM 0

Now the sounds doesn't work, i don't know why i follwed instructions as told. Still it doesn't work. Please can Eisenhower or some one tell me how to fix this. Is something required?

This doesn't seem to work with my home-made mod....

I've installed it automatically, manually, completely overwritten the files, but no, nothing...

Using 0.960.

Help?

Hello, Australian.

Check if your module.ini specifies that the game scans module sounds upon launch.

Find scan_module_sounds in the module.ini. It must be enabled. And be sure that the sounds are placed in the module file folder at Mount&Blade\Modules\Native\Sounds , not Mount&Blade\Sounds.

Alec{zacool} said:
Oh silly me!!!
There's another file that I have to put in : sounds.txt.
That should be stated on the front page

Yes. I was experiencing same problems with this mod as Antoxi did. Copied the sounds from the soundpack to the correct folder, enabled sound scan in .ini file but it did nothing. I still heard old vanilla sounds. Then I have also copied another mod changing sounds (precisely man-dying-sounds) and these were used by the game. I wondered why that might be and found out that it's because these soundfiles had the same names as the relevant ones in main M&B\Sounds\ folder. This made me to look for some other .ini/.txt file, where the soundfilenames were somehow registered. This file is sounds.txt but there are so many strange (to me) parameters and there is so much of it, that i did not want to change it (because i wanted to "play M&B" and not to "play with M&B").

This being said I really wonder, how did you all managed to make this soundpack mod working without editing the sound.txt?

Eisenhouwer -- your soundpack is great, but it still at least needs modified sound.txt and .exe installer (there is one mod, which helps to make one) at best.

Thanks.

Make sure that:

The sounds are in the sound folder IN THE MODULE FOLDER.

The sound.txt file is IN THE MODULE FOLDER.

And, that, you set the module_scan_sounds thing to 1 IN THE MODULE FOLDER.

:razz:

Back
Top Bottom