Cries of War Soundpack v3.0 [28/12] NEW

Users who are viewing this thread

I noticed one other little flub, I don't know if others have. It's nothing big and I can live with it, but if you're busy with an update: whenever I have a herd running around on the map, and reach them, getting the option screen, "drive onward", "stop", "leave", I get the sound of a breaking shield.

Heya long time no word... so here's a new version

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1619

fixes a few volume issues and adds a lot of new sounds (inc. new sounds for wood & blunt weapons)

r1chb0y said:
I dont know if ive installed it wrong, or if its the mod and it may be fixed in future updates. But when i use the Wooden Pole in Training for instance, i hear Sword sounds slashing through the flesh x) and also if i actually hit someone with a Sword, and their wearing Fur or Leather, i hear a Metalic Armour sound x). i installed the mod the way you said, but is this just another 'problem' to be updated in future updates? but other than one or two things i hear, its an awesome mod :grin: good work

Mostly Fixed (wooden weapons have their 'wood' sounds now)

Aranir said:
Nevermind, installed and the sounds are great, very nice work. I just hope that you replace the "wooden shield" sounds with more "mettalic shield" sounds

Fixed (metal and wooden shields have their own sound now)

3D Master said:
I wanted to ask how I turn off or change the horse sounds on the map. I like the sounds, but they sound CONSTANTLY. It's driving me insane. I would prefer them occurring only once in a while, or only when you give an order. And I would prefer not to remove the entire pack as I like it.

Also; I noticed that there's no difference between battle sounds and sparring/tournament sounds. So even when you knock people unconscious with blunt weapons, it still sounds as if you're hacking them open with sharp weapons and their guts are spilling onto the floor. Any chance a next version has separate sounds for blunt weapons?

Fixed (I changed most of the sounds ranges so you start to hear them at a certain distance)

It's not the final thing so stay tuned...

Eisenhouwer said:
Heya long time no word... so here's a new version

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1619

Hi there.  I'm a LONG TIME user of this mod in its various forms.  Never had a problem, and it's the one mod I wouldn't do without.  I just downloaded this latest version however and I'm getting chicken sounds when I move on the map, and gun sounds or some kind of explosion when I swing a sword.  So there's a problem, I think.  I'm pretty certain I installed it right --- I just did it the same way I've done it a hundred other times when installing it for other mods.

Oh, by the way, how does the game know if it's a wooden shield or a metal shield?  I've retextured and added dozens of shields to my game, each one of them wood, and I hope I'll get the right sounds for that.

Thanks.

EDIT: BTW, just so you know I've covered all the bases, yes I intalled the sounds folder and sounds.txt to my custom mod folder.  As for the ini, it's said "scan_module_sounds = 1" for many months. :wink:

EDIT 2: I just ran the module system using the sounds resource for COW 3.0.  I ran it in a quickie folder called Native2.  It worked fine.  I then took the sounds.txt from that successful test and put it into my own mod and still got the crazy chicken sounds.

MarkQuinn said:
Oh, by the way, how does the game know if it's a wooden shield or a metal shield?  I've retextured and added dozens of shields to my game, each one of them wood, and I hope I'll get the right sounds for that.

This is straight from the module_items.py

["nordic_shield", "Nordic Shield", [("shield_round_b",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_shield|itp_wooden_parry, itcf_carry_round_shield,  95 , weight(2)|hit_points(440)|body_armor(1)|spd_rtng(100)|weapon_length(50),imodbits_shield ],

Add that and it's wooden shield, remove it and you have a metal shield.

MarkQuinn said:
I'm getting chicken sounds when I move on the map, and gun sounds or some kind of explosion when I swing a sword.

This is very weird. Right now I don't have a clue what could be the problem. (you do have the latest module system right?) I redownloaded the module system and used the cries of war module_sound.py and all works ok.
I don't know if this works with warband.

Is there anyone else who has this same problem?

Eisenhouwer, thanks for your reply.

Yes I do have the latest module system.  I don't ever use it, though, as I find the unofficial troop and item editors much easier.  The reason I used it last night was because I was trying to cover all bases, including the possibility of an error on your part with the text file (I figured you might have gotten it mixed up and placed an older test version into your release folder, so running your module_sound.py would for sure give me the right one).  As it stands, there was no error on your part.  So ... base covered. :smile:

Here's a breakdown of my mod, just so you know what it is/does....

I started over the core files of the Polished Landscapes mod and built from there.  I then incorporated the Banner and Flag Standardization Pack.  I added my own custom resource and textures which also includes many of my favorite community weapons and armor.  Finally, I've added custom troops and a new troop tree. 

So, aside from the files that are changed by Polished Landscapes, as you can see, this is essentially the Native mod with new item_kinds1, troops and party_templates files (and a modified ini, of course, to account for it all).  Nothing else has been changed.  Which begs the question, how can I get your mod to work properly when it's installed into an ACTUAL Native mod, but not my own, which is just a slightly modified Native mod?

Could Polished Landscapes be incompatible?  And if so, how?

EDIT: Of course I've been running the earlier version of COW along with Polished landscapes all this time with no issues, so I don't see how the new COW could cause problems.

EDIT 2: Definately not Polished Landscapes.  I tried it out on an earlier version of my mod without PL and still had the messed up sounds.  In fact, I threw the files into Native and low and behold, the sounds were still messed up (which is a step backward from my brief success last night).  I've checked, double checked and triple checked to make sure I'm installing it correctly.  Installation really isn't that complicated, so I'm stumped.

I hate to say it but the polished landscapes mod has a conflict with my soundpack. I've downloaded it yesterday and added my soundpack, now when i'm walking on the main map the sound is messed up.
However there is one thing I can do and see if it fixes the problem. Ill let you know asap.

Update
Looks like I'm the guilty one here. (I shouldn't have swapped the sound order in the python file) Try this fix and see if it solves the problem.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1623

Haha, I had the chicken sounds as well. That sounds deliciously stupid, but I'll try your fix now. :smile: Seems to have worked, thanks. :smile:

Hey Eisenhouwer, could you perhaps also upload your module_sounds.py? Because as it is, I have to re-implement the sounds.txt every time after I've built the module. And that could get annoying. :wink:

Eisenhouwer said:
Update
Looks like I'm the guilty one here. (I shouldn't have swapped the sound order in the python file) Try this fix and see if it solves the problem.

Does anyone remember that awful made-for-tv movie from 1982 called Mazes and Monsters, starring a young Tom Hanks?  In it, Hanks plays a psychotic college student who believes he's actually the character from his Dungeons and Dragons style game.  He really thinks he is Pardeux the Cleric.

The combination of the near photo-realistic Polished Landscapes, plus a ton of juicy Norman-style items I've compiled from the community, and now, a working Cries of War 3.0 soundpack, is going to send me over the edge completely.  From here on in, you may all call me Lord Quinn.  My girlfriend will be notified of my name change when I see her tonight.

A BIG thanks for fixing this issue, and doing it so quickly!

Hey Eisenhower,

I just downloaded your mod, because everyone is saying how amazing it is :grin: ... but for some reason its really quiet for me ... I mean I do have sounds but even tho my Music Volume is at 50 % and my Sound is at 100% ... the music is still louder. I can barely hear a "clang" if hit someone with my sword. I had the chickens at first too... actually the only thing with normal sound. So I added the fix and they are gone, but its still really quiet (and I dont want to turn my speakers on RLLY loud, since the moment any other program makes a noise it would make my ears bleed  :lol:

Mods im using:
GE 2.5
Sword of Damocles (this is were i added your sounds)
Animations Compilation (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57607.0.html)
Speed and Stability (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,82139.0.html adds Level of Detail)
and of course the Battle Resizer

thanks in advance :wink:
Duh

Duh said:
for some reason its really quiet for me

That's actually not a bug. The volume of sounds in Mount & Blade also decide at what range the sound will be heared by your character. (a sound with a volume_10 will be heard almost across the entire map while volume_1 will only be heard a few meters away from your character) I wanted to add that little bit of "extra" to the soundpack. (example if the enemy swings his weapon it won't be heard if he isn't right next to you) It's still work in progress tho.

So you do have to turn up the volume a little more than usual.

You can edit the volume sounds yourself in the python file I uploaded on repository if it's really a pain in the a!i. (I lack the time right now to so)

well i definetely like the idea and im going to try to "fix" it myself, but as i said even my on swing i cant hear and i barely hear a clang if i hit someone. this is definetely not what you were aiming at :grin:. i think it might be sword of damocles conflicting with it, but i am no expert and dont know. sword of damocles 4.5 Gold Beta is definetely worth a look for you... it is an amazing addon to mb!

"Sounds like it would be pretty cool, but when I edit the module file and change the scan_module_sounds = 0 to a 1 and try to save it, it won't save it. It says 'Cannot create the C:razz:rogram Files/Mount&Blade/Modules/Native/module.ini file. Make sure that hte path and file name are correct.' I'd really like to try this. Am I doing something wrong?"

I have this problem too please help.

I tried to use this in warband, and the sounds were all messed up. I couldn't find a working warband version so I made one myself. If the author won't mind I'll upload the modified sounds.txt

Back
Top Bottom