Cries of War Soundpack v3.0 [28/12] NEW

Users who are viewing this thread

I dont know if ive installed it wrong, or if its the mod and it may be fixed in future updates. But when i use the Wooden Pole in Training for instance, i hear Sword sounds slashing through the flesh x) and also if i actually hit someone with a Sword, and their wearing Fur or Leather, i hear a Metalic Armour sound x). i installed the mod the way you said, but is this just another 'problem' to be updated in future updates? but other than one or two things i hear, its an awesome mod :grin: good work

I don't know about the wooden pole, but leather and fur produce metal sounds because they are defined as heavy armor in the item module.

ok, i tried this one already and it works perfectly, it's just that when i used this to the age of machinery mod, the artillery fires sound has none, anyone help?? :neutral:

shirai0214 said:
ok, i tried this one already and it works perfectly, it's just that when i used this to the age of machinery mod, the artillery fires sound has none, anyone help?? :neutral:

Ah I don't think Cries of War is compatible with the age of machinery mod. Ill release the python file with the final version so modders can implant the sound pack if they want to.

Eisenhouwer said:
shirai0214 said:

Ah I don't think Cries of War is compatible with the age of machinery mod. Ill release the python file with the final version so modders can implant the sound pack if they want to.

ok, thank you so much sir:grin:

Not sure if its something In this or the other one, but I got the hybrid version between this and the official soundpack off the repository and...All the taverns that have torches in them. The torches SCREAM. Sounds like a Nordish death cry.

Its funny, but disturbing at the same time :razz:

Edit: Okay, nevermind. I think I cocked up putting the one custom sound in tEatRC ino the sound file. I joined the tournament and got 'yoo thar, stop!' every time somebody got hit.

Ah well, Ill figure it out.

Taimat396 said:
Not sure if its something In this or the other one, but I got the hybrid version between this and the official soundpack off the repository and...All the taverns that have torches in them. The torches SCREAM. Sounds like a Nordish death cry.

Edit: Okay, nevermind. I think I cocked up putting the one custom sound in tEatRC ino the sound file. I joined the tournament and got 'yoo thar, stop!' every time somebody got hit.

hmmm... havn't come across this myself yet. Let me know if you find the problem with this. Just remember that both hybrid and cries of war are mods and may experience problems if you interchange files.

I found and fixed the problem a few hours after that.

I didnt have a clue what the numbers meant, so I just chucked it in under the pistol sound...Eventually I sorta guessed that the numbers refferred to lines, and moved it to the bottom. That fixed it.

Though Im starting to miss the screaming fire.

Evidently Vista doesn't allow you to extract directly to desired location. I just found this out trying to use Talak's Unique Weapon mod. I want to try this out, but I'm not sure how. Can someone reassure me on what to do before I try it? Thanks.

Taimat396 said:

I know I'm bringing back an old thread but I have that same problem only it's with a different mod, how did you fix it?

I can't use it. Donwloaded the version 2.0. I follow the instructions of installation, but when I start the game, the sounds are the same

Nevermind, installed and the sounds are great, very nice work. I just hope that you replace the "wooden shield" sounds with more "mettalic shield" sounds

Hi, this is my absolute favourite sound pack. Thank you.

Regarding the wooden pole issue (sounding like metal), I have noticed that there is no entry in the sound.txt for blunt weapons and that's why training with wooden weapons sounds disturbingly enough metallic.

It would be great if you released the source so that I or anyone could fix that. Any chance of that, mate?

Sounds like it would be pretty cool, but when I edit the module file and change the scan_module_sounds = 0 to a 1 and try to save it, it won't save it. It says 'Cannot create the C:razz:rogram Files/Mount&Blade/Modules/Native/module.ini file. Make sure that hte path and file name are correct.' I'd really like to try this. Am I doing something wrong?
Edit: Figured it out by myself  :wink: thanks anyway guys.

I wanted to ask how I turn off or change the horse sounds on the map. I like the sounds, but they sound CONSTANTLY. It's driving me insane. I would prefer them occurring only once in a while, or only when you give an order. And I would prefer not to remove the entire pack as I like it.

Also; I noticed that there's no difference between battle sounds and sparring/tournament sounds. So even when you knock people unconscious with blunt weapons, it still sounds as if you're hacking them open with sharp weapons and their guts are spilling onto the floor. Any chance a next version has separate sounds for blunt weapons?

Hey guy's

I didn't have free time enough to finish version 3.0 but ill try to release something soon. It will adress most of the problems everyone has experienced with version 2.0 so stay tuned.

Back
Top Bottom