SP Native Cries of War Soundpack, KandK Musicpack for V.950

Users who are viewing this thread

Raz

Count
Hello all,

I ported Eisenhouwer's terrific Cries of War soundpack to V.950. Took a little trial and error editing it through the .txt and v.903's module system, but it's bug-free now. It should work for the upcoming bugfixes too.

You can download it here.

And alternatively, the Kings and Kingdoms music pack (as first introduced by ~GandalftheGrey).

You can download it here.

Enjoy!

thedudee95 said:
How do u install the sound pack?

Well personally I didn't follow Raz's folder structure (BTW Raz thank you so much for doing this), but rather followed the method from the original COW soundpack and it worked perfect in testing.

1. First find your Native folder in your M&B directory.  Copy all the sounds from the soundpack and place them in the "sounds" folder in Native.
2. In the soundack, locate the .txt file called "sounds", which is located in Modules>Native.  After making a backup of the original sounds.txt in Native, drag that new sounds.txt into the Native folder.
3. Locate your module.ini file in Native and open it (it should open by default with a text editor).

Find the line that says scan_module_sounds = 0 and change it to scan_module_sounds = 1.

Play the game and enjoy the KICK ASS new sounds.

Again, Raz, thanks.  I wouldn't have known where to begin converting this. :smile:

Edit: The method I used will need to be repeated when new mods come out for .905, only instead of placing the sounds and so forth into Native, you'll be doing it in whatever new module folder you're using.  I imagine this is why Raz structured it the way he did, as he placed all the sounds in the default M&B folder, negating the need for repeat steps with each new mod (am I right?).  Personally I just like keeping everything neat and clean in it's own mod folder (in this case Native), even though it requires more disk space. 

Nahkuri said:
few issues:

1. Women grunt like men when they swing their weapons.

2. Shooting a bow sounds like a bass drum.

Otherwise, plain awesome.

Maybe the women are just very male like, like dwarf women or something.  :wink:

Could somebody re-upload the files on a different site as rapidshare wouldn't let me download the files.  :cry:

Thanks for the kind feedback guys. :razz:

It appears that this is an older version of the soundpack, so I'll update it to Eisenhouwer's newest version and let him put the link in his original thread. I'll also upload it to megaupload.

Stand-by. :smile:

Thanks for bringing the soundpack to .950! Works great!

Sadly i cant get the music to work. I have tried every possible combination in putting the files to different directories but i just hear native music or nothing.

So where exactly do i have to put the mp3's and where does the music.txt go? I also tried the installer version of the music pack -> same result.

pls help!

that was extremely quick and thanks, extra sounds = extra fun!

excuse my cheesiness

referencing the above person, I know how to use the sound pack, can the music pack be used WITH that?? And if so; how?

The music pack is great should be implemented in native right away. Unless of course they have something greater in hands.

Agreed, M&B music currently sucks. Needs something as epic as this. This, plus the EU3/RTW/KoH music, totally change the feel of the game

Btw can anyone host the files on somewhere else other than Rapidshare?

Back
Top Bottom