Creative Competition Winners

Users who are viewing this thread

creativecompetitionwinners20.png

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

After a lot of careful deliberation, we are finally ready to announce the creative competition winners! You can check out the video below to see some of the amazing entries or you can skip ahead to the text version below if you prefer to read.

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

Back in October, Bannerlord reached a pretty significant milestone in its Early Access journey with the beta release of the first batch of modding tools. To celebrate the occasion, we issued a challenge by inviting you all to flex your creative muscles in the form of 3 different competitions, with some fairly significant prizes up for grabs!

Today, we are pleased to be able to share some of the amazing entries that we received with you, as we announce the winners!

But, just before we do, please allow us to spend a moment to acknowledge the skill, effort, and dedication shown by each contestant in creating what have turned out to be some phenomenal works of art for us all to enjoy! The immense quality of the entries made judging the contests extremely difficult but really rewarding at the same time! Thank you for your amazing contributions, you should all be very proud of your work!

Scene Design Contest

First up, we have the Scene Design Contest which challenged modders to create a Bannerlord themed village scene that took into consideration design guidelines set out by our level designers.

We want to start by saying just how blown away we were by the entries! There was so much craftsmanship on display in terms of visuals, and a lot of thought and consideration was given to gameplay, which was great to see. We are really pleased and encouraged by some of the creative ways in which people have used our tools to create some stunning effects, and we have certainly picked up an idea or two along the way!

And just before we move on to look at those winners, we want to give a special thanks to community members Macbeth and FoozleMcDoozle for their assistance with the contest. Thank you!

And so, without further ado…

3rd Place​

In third place, and winner of the Intel® Core™ i7-8700K Processor we have, Methking, with their scene, Kingstranding.

Kingstranding by Methking​

We feel that this scene has a really smart layout, with small touches like the stream that leads from the spawn towards the village centre, helping to guide the player, to be well thought out. This scene also takes into consideration immersive details, such as scene props reflecting seasonal changes, along with other touches, like the great use of sound around the scene and the small easter eggs dotted around for us to find!

2nd Place​

In second place, and winner of the Intel® NUC 9 Extreme Kit we have, Yurek, with their creation, Meteora Terra.

Meteora Terra by Yurek​

This visually stunning scene uses simple rock meshes in a really smart way, and compliments this with some skilful texture blending to create a really unique and charming mountainside village. The choice of colours across the scene gives a natural and authentic feel and there are some really nice additional touches, such as the points of interest on the map, the water effects, and the backdrop.

1st Place​

And in first place, and winner of the BANNERLORD CUSTOM PC by Intel® is BeefBacon, with their scene, Craglowe.

Craglowe by BeefBacon​

We really like how each part of this scene feels visually distinct, which, along with the different levels to the scene, makes it easy to navigate and enjoyable to explore. There are also many nice touches that impressed us, including the great use of colour on the buildings, the nice use of tactical positions for agents, and what was possibly the only use of the road decal that we saw from all the entries!

Scene Pack​

You can check out the winners, along with all other entries to the Scene Design Contest over on our forums, where we have screenshots of each map on display and a Scene Pack available for you to download and enjoy!

2D Art Contest

Next up, we have the 2D Art contest, where we invited you to create a Bannerlord themed artwork using anything from oils to pixels. And honestly, we were not prepared for what was to come... All of the entries were nothing short of spectacular and to choose just three was a momentous task. We can’t stress enough just how amazed we are by the level of talent on display!

HaronSeehagen

heymangame

MeMe___Man

deynhelm

KleiosCanvas

omerburakonal

aayndre

Nikoloz Maisuradze

Paul Spitzyn

kalmahul

furkantugrultaskin

kazzeth

sukhrajjohall

junua_art

omersalih.psd

sternenritter

3rd Place​

In third place, and winner of the Mount & Blade II Custom Razer Gigantus V2 Large Mouse Pad we have an untitled piece by @omerburakonal

Untitled by Equin0​

We really like the composition of this artwork and how dynamic it is. We also appreciate how it manages to encapsulate and evoke the overall Mount & Blade feeling. And those clouds... Wow!

2nd Place​

In second place, and winner of the Intel® Core™ i7-8700K Processor we have @heymangame with a page from their hand-drawn Calradia’s Chronicle picture book.

Untitled by heymangame​

The intricacy and attention to detail in this artwork is nothing short of outstanding. We really love how this piece brings to life the game lore and allows us to relive the journey through camaraderie, travel, war and conquest!

1st Place​

And in first place, and winner of the Intel® NUC 9 Extreme Kit we have @KleiosCanvas with their depiction of the Battle of Pendraic.

Battle of Pendraic by Katrin Moondaughter​

We were really impressed by the great use of colours in this work and, in particular, the stylistic and traditional mix resulting in a vibrant but readable work that is packed full of small details to enjoy.

Screenshot Contest

Last up, we have the winners of the Screenshot Contest who were challenged to capture an iconic moment from their adventures, and managed to grab themselves a Mount & Blade II Custom Razer Gigantus V2 Large Mouse Mat for their efforts!

creativecontest20ss.jpg

Untitled by nedimcanincebay​

Congratulations to all of the winners! (x10)

We’ll be reaching out to all of the winners for your details so we can arrange delivery of the prizes, so please make sure to have your DMs open!

And finally, thank you once again to everyone that took part. We consider ourselves to be really fortunate to have such an amazing and talented community and we look forward to exploring more events and competitions like this with you in the future!

Last edited:
It looks like the modding was used in the screenshot of nedimcanincebay's to me (in flag and capes). If so, isn't it against the rules? (alert me if the modding is not used. i may be wrong)

Screenshot Contest specific rules​

• You must use the native version of the game with no modifications installed.

It looks like the modding was used in the screenshot of nedimcanincebay's to me
Capes are in-game and those could be companions or/and Triarii class which is in Native.
But banners are not in-game by default for units. Also, banner itself (Byzantine flag I suppose) is also cannot be created in game without using something like Bannerpaste and https://bannerlord.party/
So it's modded.

Capes are in-game and those could be companions or/and Triarii class which is in Native.
But banners are not in-game by default for units. Also, banner itself (Byzantine flag I suppose) is also cannot be created in game without using something like Bannerpaste and https://bannerlord.party/
So it's modded.
Then, it's sad. Because rules are rules & shows that rules* still not important in competitions(*which provides equality & justice).. This also reminds me this great movie;

Last edited:

2nd Place​

In second place, and winner of the Intel® NUC 9 Extreme Kit we have, Yurek, with their creation, Meteora Terra.

Meteora Terra by Yurek​

This is what I imagined before releasing of the game. When they said that every city would be different, you would fight same city when you were capturing or defending this was exactly what I expected. While we are trying go to castle, archers will shoot us from other hill and we will try not to be damaged and reach the castle to kill king etc. However Bannerlord doesn't any differentiate from Warband as this situation. I hope they will add some cities like that. Bannerlord's capturing battles are boring due to Bannerlord's broken capturing system but I don't think I will get what I expected when they fixed it. We need epic cities and epic battles, it isn't enough fixing broken thing as it should be since release of the game.

Last edited:
It looks like the modding was used in the screenshot of nedimcanincebay's to me (in flag and capes). If so, isn't it against the rules? (alert me if the modding is not used. i may be wrong)

Screenshot Contest specific rules​

• You must use the native version of the game with no modifications installed.

We discussed this some more internally, and while the fact is that we did reserve the right to change the rules at any time, we decided to just go ahead and award the other finalists in that contest with a mouse mat. Obviously, this isn't an ideal solution and we will make sure to do better in the future to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

Back
Top Bottom