Creating your own kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

I have just recently taken a castle and I am not sure what information is up to date so I will ask here.  Could someone please tell me how I can check what my new faction's culture is and, if needed, how to change it?  I ask because the soldiers I was able to recruit right after taking the castle were not of the culture I wanted for my kingdom.

As far as I know, your kingdom's culture is decided by the culture of the first settlement you take. If there's a way to change it, I still haven't found it.

Well it seems that the troops I can recruit now from the castle I took are generic pages/sergeants, Plus I seem to be able to recruit from every faction's castles now so.....

Yes, the Professional and Noble troops have a template, so when you create your kingdom, you will recruit default units such as Sergeant, Knight, Crossbowman, etc.
However, when you recruit from villages, you will get the same villagers that were there all along, Welsh peasants from Welsh villages, Leonese from Leon, Bohemian from Bohemia, etc.

EDIT:
As for the ability that you can recruit from other peoples fiefs, I doubt that was the initial plan, at least according to Cruger's talk.
As far as I remember, the plan was that you can only recruited from your own fiefs.
I don't know if everybody forgot about it, or Korinov doesn't want to implement that at all.

would there be a possibility to choose your nationality. which would allow you to recruit proffes. and elite troops of that nationality. if i remember then one mod i have tried has this option to choose what nationality you are

king of europe said:
would there be a possibility to choose your nationality. which would allow you to recruit proffes. and elite troops of that nationality. if i remember then one mod i have tried has this option to choose what nationality you are
Anno Domini 1257 is what you are talking about.

ZnasVecKo said:
king of europe said:

i have never played AD1257. so i dont know anything about that mod.

ZnasVecKo said:
Sorry, you're mistaken. AD1257 does not have any cultural changes - you recruit native population from the fiefs no mater your faction(with some exceptions, like crusaders).

king of europe said:
still. will there be a option to choose your nationality
I think you're talking about the Floris Mod pack? I remember in my campaign I was able to choose what type of troops my kingdom had and its policies. But I'm pretty sure that's because they integrated the Diplomacy mod.

Irfan Ross said:
Taien said:
As far as I know, your kingdom's culture is decided by the culture of the first settlement you take. If there's a way to change it, I still haven't found it.
What do you mean by the first settlement you take...

why do you reply on posts from 2012? Don't do that it sends the important topics like tweek and others down for no reason

Back
Top Bottom