SP Tutorial World Map Creating new spawn points/parties

Users who are viewing this thread

I need help, the Module.py files. IDN what files they are i only have txt files unless py is txt....i am not very bright at understanding modding.

-I Pkz I
:twisted:

Hi I have a small query.
(This tutorial is great by the way)

Will the new party respawn if it gets defeated?

Hi, what is to do for giving the new bandits leaders ?

Forestbandits, Mountainbandits, Sea Raiders, all have Leaders in there packs, but how it comes ? I don't found anything in scripts to define them.

EDIT: Sorry solved !!!!

I have encountered a problem with adding a party, that I'm hoping can be resolved here.

First of all, let me say that this tutorial is quite helpful, informative and makes sense.

My problem likely comes from the fact that I strayed somewhat from the steps. Rather then creating an outlaw party wandering around, I'm trying to create a party belonging to faction 1. I'm also trying to place a hero unit in this party.

I know that the creation of hero units isn't the object of this tutorial, but there didn't seem to be any tutorials on it so I suppose I'll ask here, as well as my other questions.
My code for the hero unit it:
Code:
["cerann", "Cerann", "Cerann", tf_hero|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_gloves,0,0,fac_kingdom_1, 
  [itm_courser,itm_heraldic_mail_with_tabard,itm_splinted_leather_greaves,itm_bastard_sword_b,
  itm_leather_gloves,itm_ceranns_bow,itm_bodkin_arrows],
  wp(230),knows_warrior_npc|knows_power_draw_7|knows_riding_7|knows_horse_archery_6|knows_ironflesh_8|knows_shield_2|knows_power_strike_5|knows_trainer_4,  0x00000001b30020c4393c8c3608a9c6ac00000000001dbb1e0000000000000000, swadian_face_older_2],
Is this correct? I couldn't tell how different I should make it from Lords, in comparison to troops. First of all, I'd like to know what 0,0 means, as lords have only one zero. Also, Lords have something called 'reserved' which I removed. There's also 'knows knight___' which I'm unsure of the purpose.
For quick reference, here's a copy of a faction 1 lord.
Code:
["knight_1_20", "Count Montewar", "Montewar", tf_hero, 0, reserved,  fac_kingdom_1, [itm_saddle_horse,      itm_ragged_outfit,      itm_heraldic_mail_with_surcoat,           itm_nomad_boots,            itm_splinted_greaves,                itm_great_helmet, itm_gauntlets,           itm_sword_medieval_c,   itm_sword_two_handed_a,   itm_tab_shield_heater_cav_a],   knight_attrib_2,wp(150),knight_skills_1, 0x0000000c4d0840d24a9b2ab4ac2a332400000000001d34db0000000000000000, swadian_face_young_2
Also, I placed Cerann below the last unit in faction ones troops. As when I placed him with above the companions, he showed up in the tavern as a minstrel, and when I placed him with the companions or lords, he didn't show up at all.

My other problem is directly related to this tutorial, and I'm not sure what's causing it. When I compile the mod I get the following error:
Code:
Error: Unable to find object:p_new_sp
ERROR: Illegal Identifier:p_new_sp

Coming from the following code in scripts.py
Code:
     (try_begin),
       (store_num_parties_of_template, ":num_parties", "pt_cerann_party"),
       (lt,":num_parties",50),
       (store_random,":spawn_point",num_new_sp),
       (val_add,":spawn_point","p_new_sp"),
       (spawn_around_party,":spawn_point","pt_cerann_party"),
     (try_end),

I believe that's everything. Any answers/solution to either of my two problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou
-Tirok

To answer your questions:
The 0,0, refers to a reserved troop flag and no_scene may refer to a scene and entry point for the troop to spawn in. If you search in module_troops, you'll see that reserved = 0 and no_scene = 0, so they are equivalent. knight_attrib/skills_x refer to predefined values for attributes and skill levels (again at the top).

As to the position of the troop entry, you'll notice that in module_constants there are many values which refer to the beginning and end of a group of similar npcs (i.e. minstrels, companions, lords, et cetera.) so you can safely put your new troop at the bottom of the list or somewhere else out of the way.

For your actual question, you need to open up module_parties and create a new entry along with the appropriate position on the world map. The code in the tutorial for spawning is not very suitable for your purpose - do you really want 50 instance of the same hero party running around, sharing the same spawn point? Each of those heroes have a chance of being captured by other parties, so you'd need additional code to handle that. Consider looking at the kingdom hero spawning script instead.

Originally the 50 was set to 1. I changed it in the hopes that I was simply unable to locate the party. But thankyou for the help, I'll get right on it and hope it works.

I followed the directions in this tutorial and my troops never showed up. i played for two hours and never saw them. what could be wrong? Do you need my codes to see?

You probably should look at the party's AI behavior for starters, figure out what they mean and tinker with it.  This is just a guess, so if it doesn't work I apologize.

My question is I am trying to create military order patrols for my castles/towns and villages(sheriff for villages)

I was going to implement it via simple_trigger

Military Orders
    (24,

[(try_for_range,":center_no", walled_centers_begin,walled_centers_end),
              (party_slot_eq,":center_no",slot_center_has_military_order,1), ####finding castles/towns with military order
                (store_num_parties_of_template, ":num_parties", "pt_military_order1"),###numbers present on world map
                (lt,":num_parties",3),####less than 3
                (spawn_around_party,":center_no","pt_military_order1"),#####spawn party near center with order
            (try_end),
]),
Will this do what I want it to do?
Also, how do I tweak the template to spawn with different types of troops?

[(trp_sea_raider,5,50),(trp_looter,2,15),(trp_mountain_bandit,5,10)])

Will this spawn with all three of these troops types, or just the raiders?

Thanks!

EDIT: This all works and I figured out how to tweak troops types.

Give it the pf_is_static flag.
Yes, the party template will spawn all of those if the first quantity is at least 0.
store_num_parties_of_template is an expensive operation, so use it OUTSIDE the loop and increment the value for every new one you spawn. Keep in mind that most of them will only spawn near the first 3 towns, since you're iterating them in the same order each time.

Are you saying I should do a

(Try_begin),
      (Store_num_party_templates,xxxx,xxxx),
      (Lt,xxxxx,3),
      (Try_end),
    (Try_for_range,xxxx,xxxx),
      (Try_end),)],

Sorry I'm away from my comp, I don't know what you mean by "an expensive operation "?

Can you suggest a way I could get the number of spawns to increase per center with the slot?

Maybe I could change the trigger timing to 10 days and set the limit to 11? I'd also like for them to "ally" with their parent faction, but be loyal to me if I found one of them. +10 per new chapter house.

I was thinking of setting their faction relation with the parent faction to 1.00 and putting an add_faction_relation to the consequence box in the dialogue option to found them.

What do you think? Thanks for any input

Edit: the coding jargon is off, don't have headers_operations in front of me.

Halano said:
I want to make the spawned party motionless on the map.
Could someone help me?  :grin:

use ai_bhvr_hold to do that
Code:
(party_set_ai_behavior,"$your_party_id",ai_bhvr_hold),

Back
Top Bottom