Creating new Kingdoms

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey there!

Has anyone found a way to add new kingdoms so far? I've come across 5 XML's so far that seem to manage it but not sure if there are more that need to be referenced.

So far came across:
clans
heroes
kingdoms
lords
settlements

Anyone who has successfully created a new Kingdom in the game please hit us up!

Cheers!

Im very interested in where you are going with this. Im very new to modding so I pretty much just trying to learn right now. The main idea I had was to have clan be consider as kingdom themselves and able to rage war within a faction. That would make a more "romance of three kingdom" type of map dynamic and more fair when you try to create your own kingdom.

Im sorry, Im not answering your question but I was wondering if what I had in mind coud be a substitute solution to what you wanted to achieve.

Upvote 0
The clans are linked into a kingdom under the id super_faction but I havent found where that id is defined yet

<Faction id="clan_aserai_1"
name="{=9Y1u2onl}Banu Hulyan"
tier="6"
owner="Hero.lord_3_1"
culture="Culture.aserai"
super_faction="Kingdom.aserai"
banner_key="11.101.75.4345.4345.776.777.1.0.0.212.1.0.484.484.757.780.0.0.359" />

Upvote 0
I think I found it. The code above is from Sandbox /moduledata / spclans. The id super_faction refer to the kingdom define in Sandbox /moduledata / spkindoms:

<Kingdom id="aserai" owner="Hero.lord_3_1" banner_key="11.45.0.4345.4345.768.768.1.0.0.463.0.1.512.512.769.764.1.0.0" primary_banner_color="0xffB57A1E" secondary_banner_color="0xff4E1A13" label_color="FFebce5e" color="FF965228" color2="FF4F2212" alternative_color="FF1F1D1F" alternative_color2="FFebce5e" culture="Culture.aserai" settlement_banner_mesh="encounter_flag_c" flag_mesh="info_screen_flags_a" name="{=NaNMRPv4}Aserai" short_name="{=NaNMRPv4}Aserai" title="{=UsbwPmYb}Sultanate of the Aserai" ruler_title="{=5djtBrHj}Sultan" text="{=qggtvf8Y}The Empire always preferred not to send its legions into the army-devouring wastes of the Nahasa. Instead, it projected its power into this borderland by cultivating client rulers among the clans, who competed in an endless dance of power. Those clans that could secure a hold on the oases won an imperial subsidy to protect passing caravans and grew rich. Those who could not were pushed into the desert, left to raise goats and raid caravans until they could plot a comeback. Today, with the waning of the empire, the Aserai have agreed to form a confederacy under a sultan chosen from richest of the clans, the Banu Hulyan. But everyone knows that the dance has only temporarily been stopped, and at the right moment it will begin again.">
<relationships>
<relationship kingdom="Kingdom.empire_s" value="-1" isAtWar="true" />
</relationships>
<policies>
<policy name="{=IPrTwc28}Tribal Assembly" />
<policy name="{=dN5JCX8n}Council of Elders" />
</policies>
</Kingdom>

And the clan id is then assign to a settlement trough the town and castle id in Sandbox /moduledata / settlement

Upvote 0
I think I found it. The code above is from Sandbox /moduledata / spclans. The id super_faction refer to the kingdom define in Sandbox /moduledata / spkindoms:

<Kingdom id="aserai" owner="Hero.lord_3_1" banner_key="11.45.0.4345.4345.768.768.1.0.0.463.0.1.512.512.769.764.1.0.0" primary_banner_color="0xffB57A1E" secondary_banner_color="0xff4E1A13" label_color="FFebce5e" color="FF965228" color2="FF4F2212" alternative_color="FF1F1D1F" alternative_color2="FFebce5e" culture="Culture.aserai" settlement_banner_mesh="encounter_flag_c" flag_mesh="info_screen_flags_a" name="{=NaNMRPv4}Aserai" short_name="{=NaNMRPv4}Aserai" title="{=UsbwPmYb}Sultanate of the Aserai" ruler_title="{=5djtBrHj}Sultan" text="{=qggtvf8Y}The Empire always preferred not to send its legions into the army-devouring wastes of the Nahasa. Instead, it projected its power into this borderland by cultivating client rulers among the clans, who competed in an endless dance of power. Those clans that could secure a hold on the oases won an imperial subsidy to protect passing caravans and grew rich. Those who could not were pushed into the desert, left to raise goats and raid caravans until they could plot a comeback. Today, with the waning of the empire, the Aserai have agreed to form a confederacy under a sultan chosen from richest of the clans, the Banu Hulyan. But everyone knows that the dance has only temporarily been stopped, and at the right moment it will begin again.">
<relationships>
<relationship kingdom="Kingdom.empire_s" value="-1" isAtWar="true" />
</relationships>
<policies>
<policy name="{=IPrTwc28}Tribal Assembly" />
<policy name="{=dN5JCX8n}Council of Elders" />
</policies>
</Kingdom>

And the clan id is then assign to a settlement trough the town and castle id in Sandbox /moduledata / settlement

is that working? Assigning settlements to a clan? i tried it but did not work. https://pastebin.com/fKSD8Jik

It only worked, when i modified the Base code in the game it self

Upvote 0
you seem to be missing this part of the code {=Settlements.Settlement.name.town_EN1}. Im not sure if its relevant. I would try to take any vanilla clan and reassign it to a different town to reduce your possibility of error. See if that work

<Settlement id="town_EN1" name="{=Settlements.Settlement.name.town_EN1}Epicrotea" owner="Faction.clan_empire_north_2" posX="407.606" posY="474.927" culture="Culture.empire" prosperity="5100" gate_posX="404.7008" gate_posY="474.517

Im trying right now to make the clan be their own kingdom. Its my first mod with no c# experience so I really dont know if thats gonna work. I kinda just go with what see to make sense and a video tutorial on youtube.

Upvote 0
Clan, Kingdom, Culture are all necessary.

Changing a settlement's culture to a custom one seems to crash. I can't seem to solve that issue.

I saw your mod being released on nexus earlier today. Congrats! Im not touching the culture for my mod but guess ill see if it work for kingdom and clans. btw, just letting you know I noticed a small mistake in your text : Robert Baratheon was struck down "my" the prince Rhaegar Targaryen

Upvote 0
Oops, I corrected that in one place but not both, thank you!

Yea its still not a functioning culture, still just replacing Empire with it for now. There's also still issues with Settlements not loading all changes. Its messy, but least I can do is troop trees for now.

Upvote 0
Seems using the base game files doesn't crash the game while using a new module crashes the game trying to add in a new kingdom.

What I've been able to do so far:

Add in new Kingdom with new heroes, clans and change Charas & Usanc Castle to two different clans. The new kingdom has custom colours and flags designed on the bannerlord banner designer website.

What I am working on now:
Add in new Culture & changing the settlement culture, new heroes and kingdom cultures to the new culture I make. I can seem to add the culture into the game and appear in the Encyclopedia but crashes when I add anything to it.

Upvote 0
I figured out the crash with a custom culture on towns.

You need to make sure you have notables defined for your culture. Outlaws, Rural Farmers, Artisans, Preachers, etc. I don't know which ones are vital or not, but by creating them my towns stopped crashing when being set.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone, I'm the mod creator for Polybian and I'm looking fo to create a new culture as well.

I've wanted to make the units appear in certain settelements (the one of the Southern Empire since it's culture based and not faction based).

I can create a new culture, it's appearing in the encyclopedia but the units are nowehre to be seen (modifying culture, snspcharacters, partyTemplate and settelements)

At least I don't have a crash.

I was thinking about creating an another faction as well.

I'll follow this thread and keep you updated if I found something !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great! The more people interested in this the better. I think the game is really broken as it is now when it come to creating your own kingdom. I cant wait to have a map when each town is controlled by a different kingdom.

Upvote 0
If any of you guys could share a working module folder with kingdom and clan files I can modify. I'd be the happiest quarantine man on earth right now. I have no clue when it come to c# but I understand pretty well how the data in the file work.

Upvote 0
I was trying to work on the looters, an easier and smaller factions.

If I modify the bandits.xml (units look), it works.

But if I create a mod and a specific submodule with the same modifications, the game crash.

So there is more even for the bandits.

People are crying for a tree for each imperial faction already...

So far, I've modified the basic units, the militia and the caravans in my mod (looks and stats).

I've used the partyTemplate, spculture, spnpcharacters.

Did try some stuff with settlement but after a while my code got messy and I don't even remember what I've been modifying ha ha ha

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom