Creating a new kingdom and new culture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, I was wondering if this was possible in the current state of banner lord and if anyone knows how or where I could find this information. I didn't seem to find any reference to this in the previous questions however, please forgive me if I just missed it.This is important as I am working on a mod that takes minor factions and when a city has no loyalty, it has a chance to create a rebellion and become a faction on the map (most will fall but some may gain enough to fight). While I get this is challenging currently, any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Thanks so much! I have been looking into it however, when I try and create the library to make the .dll file I happen into the error of using KingdomCreator.Debug not being there. I am wondering if you can add this file to the github repository as it would be greatly appreciated as I don't know exactly what is going on there and would like to work from a completed point. Any help would be appreciated!
Yeah, I put my debug folder into my .gitignore for some reason. I dont know why I did that but it was late when I was uploading the source codes to Github, I was probably a dead zombie at that point lol. It should be there now. I created the Debug script just to make printing texts into screen easier.
Check my mod's source code here:

Basically what you have to do is:
Create a new Kingdom class instance and use the InitializeKingdom method to actually initialize/create it.

Hope this helps!
Thanks so much! I have been looking into it however, when I try and create the library to make the .dll file I happen into the error of using KingdomCreator.Debug not being there. I am wondering if you can add this file to the github repository as it would be greatly appreciated as I don't know exactly what is going on there and would like to work from a completed point. Any help would be appreciated!

Upvote 0
Yeah, I put my debug folder into my .gitignore for some reason. I dont know why I did that but it was late when I was uploading the source codes to Github, I was probably a dead zombie at that point lol. It should be there now. I created the Debug script just to make printing texts into screen easier.

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks this is a great start and it happens to all of us. I was just wondering if the best way to create a faction for a clan is to decompile the code and find how to have a certain other clan(hidden hand) be added to a kingdom. Sorry for all the questions, Im used to working with my own codebase and c++ so Im a little bit unfamiliar here.

Upvote 0
Thanks this is a great start and it happens to all of us. I was just wondering if the best way to create a faction for a clan is to decompile the code and find how to have a certain other clan(hidden hand) be added to a kingdom. Sorry for all the questions, Im used to working with my own codebase and c++ so Im a little bit unfamiliar here.

You can make them join the faction with Clan.ClanJoinFaction(Kingdom) method.

To get the Hidden Hand clan you can get Clan.All list, than look through with a foreach loop than check the Clan.Name to see if the current index is the Hidden Hand. If it is hidden hand than simply make them join with the method above :smile:

I really don't know how the Hidden Hand's name is stored so you would need to look through the XMl files for it, or if they are hard coded you would need to go through the assemblies :/

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom