Creating a new clan should be expanded on with more features and more depth

Users who are viewing this thread

The Devs should add options to keep female clan members in the clan after marriage for player and AI, the gender of a character should have no influence who leaves the clan.

Some clans can die out because they have only women left and their clan leader is a infertile 45 year old woman, if they would allow matrilineal marriages for all females, this clans would have a chance of surviving.
Where the couple ends up should be part of the bargening and should be part of the AI matchmaking.

Matchmaking - Some kind of score - system, like:
Situation Score
Other part is same culture1
Other part is same faction1
Other part is ruler clan1
Other part is clanleader1
Other part is ruler1
Age difference-1/ for each started 10 year diff
My female candidate above 301
My female candidate above 401
Friends2
Rivals-3
Other part female candidate above 45-3

Apply first in favour of the highest clan level. Then in favour of male candidate. Then in favour of the female candidate.
Other part joins my clan1
My member leave clan-1

Then apply, If "My member leave clan":
My clan has less than 4 members-1
My clan has less than 3 members-1
My clan has less than 2 members-1

Matches with 7/7 is married straight away.
Matches with 6+/6+ is married within X/2 ticks(if score persists).
Matches with 5+/5+ is married within X ticks(if score persists).
Matches with 4+/4+ is married within X x 3 ticks(if score persists).
Matches with 3+/3+ is married within X x 5 ticks(if score persists).

Difference > 1 : +2 ticks/score

tick = how often marriage is checked.

Where the couple ends up should be part of the bargening and should be part of the AI matchmaking.

Matchmaking - Some kind of score - system, like:
Situation Score
Other part is same culture1
Other part is same faction1
Other part is ruler clan1
Other part is clanleader1
Other part is ruler1
Age difference-1/ for each started 10 year diff
My female candidate above 301
My female candidate above 401
Friends2
Rivals-3
Other part female candidate above 45-3

Apply first in favour of the highest clan level. Then in favour of male candidate. Then in favour of the female candidate.
Other part joins my clan1
My member leave clan-1

Then apply, If "My member leave clan":
My clan has less than 4 members-1
My clan has less than 3 members-1
My clan has less than 2 members-1

Matches with 7/7 is married straight away.
Matches with 6+/6+ is married within X/2 ticks(if score persists).
Matches with 5+/5+ is married within X ticks(if score persists).
Matches with 4+/4+ is married within X x 3 ticks(if score persists).
Matches with 3+/3+ is married within X x 5 ticks(if score persists).

Difference > 1 : +2 ticks/score

tick = how often marriage is checked.
+1

Part of the charm of Warband was it didn’t soak itself in modern ideology but leaned on many of the historical precedences. It did not bother to tell you this though. So when you created your sewer rat female starting character, and people treated you as if you were a female who had just crawled out of a sewer, it was rather alluring.

Infusing any and all modern sensibilities in games makes it harder, not easier, to get immersed into the environment. It’s not much of an accomplishment to achieve the exception to the rule when you aren’t the exception at all but, in fact, the status quo. People talk about it being “not real” and “fantasy” but making a historically influenced game conform to modern social standards isn’t exactly doing anything creative, nor is it pulling you from the real world

Why should a powerful faction leader agree to marry his daughter off to another clan, the lesser important character should join the important character's clan, the gender of the characters should have no influence about this.

There's no other way to continue a clan otherwise unless the clan has kids.

Oh and they are not a "powerful" leader - when you create a clan, they are 1 person on a clan tier 2 with 2 other clan members, which is not powerful at all.

This is a game, not the real world.
The Devs should add options to keep female clan members in the clan after marriage for player and AI, the gender of a character should have no influence who leaves the clan.

Then for the in-game continuation of the clan, the clan leader must have kids and marry or the clan will die when the leader dies (either due to age or war).

What is the point of creating a clan if the clan will not have a very long lifespan (maybe a couple of game decades, depending on the age of the characters and perhaps less if they lose people due to combat deaths)?

There doesn't really need to be an option as much as a guarantee that at least one of the members of the clan that joins the clan when it is created will be the opposite sex as the companion selected for the head of the new clan.

There's no other way to continue a clan otherwise unless the clan has kids.

Oh and they are not a "powerful" leader - when you create a clan, they are 1 person on a clan tier 2 with 2 other clan members, which is not powerful at all.

Then for the in-game continuation of the clan, the clan leader must have kids and marry or the clan will die when the leader dies (either due to age or war).

What is the point of creating a clan if the clan will not have a very long lifespan (maybe a couple of game decades, depending on the age of the characters and perhaps less if they lose people due to combat deaths)?

There doesn't really need to be an option as much as a guarantee that at least one of the members of the clan that joins the clan when it is created will be the opposite sex as the companion selected for the head of the new clan.
My promoted Companions can lead 300 troops at tier 2.
I would say they are more powerful as the standard AI-clan leader, who only can lead 100 or 200 troops.

And characters should not marry down.
If a female hero is member of a tier 6 clan, she should not join her husband's clan, but the husband should join her clan, unless her husband's clan tier is 6.

Last edited:
Im sure details will be fleshed out eventually, but right now I feel theres a ton more important things to spend the time and effort on.

I agree, most of the feats in the game need more details and depth.

Lets for a moment pretend that the game is a statue. Currently the statue have a head, but doesnt have a face and we dont know the gender. No fingers or toes. Bald. Its a statue alright and it resembles a human. But thats it. :smile:

My promoted Companions can lead 300 troops at tier 2.
I would say they are more powerful as the standard AI-clan leader, who only can lead 100 or 200 troops.

And characters should not marry down.
If a female hero is member of a tier 6 clan, she should not join her husband's clan, but the husband should join her clan, unless her husband's clan tier is 6.

Any AI clan can lead a lot of troops with an army if necessary. The bottleneck here is not their individual party size, but rather their clan's influence to summon an army and the number of available parties in the clan to assembly the army.

If nobody married down, then humanity would never be able to reproduce, in both real life and a game. If for example in Bannerlord, members of a tier 6 clan did not marry down, their only option would be inbreeding, which means little interaction between clans (to say nothing of the real life consequences).

Lets for a moment pretend that the game is a statue. Currently the statue have a head, but doesnt have a face and we dont know the gender. No fingers or toes. Bald. Its a statue alright and it resembles a human. But thats it. :smile:

Unfortunately no a lot of things are being overlooked - raising a thread makes it clear that this should be a major priority. If I don't make this thread now, a few months from now, someone is going to say, "welly why did you point this out during beta"?

It's a big problem for long term gameplay. Quite a few issues in the game remain unresolved at this point, and may not be resolved before release. If it is not, it will have pretty negative long term consequences in longer games.

Any AI clan can lead a lot of troops with an army if necessary. The bottleneck here is not their individual party size, but rather their clan's influence to summon an army and the number of available parties in the clan to assembly the army.

If nobody married down, then humanity would never be able to reproduce, in both real life and a game. If for example in Bannerlord, members of a tier 6 clan did not marry down, their only option would be inbreeding, which means little interaction between clans (to say nothing of the real life consequences).
Why should a tier 6 clan only have inbreeding as an option, the other clans would want to marry up and give their childs to your clan.
But a tier 6 clan member should never leave the clan, unless the other clan is also 6.

Why should a tier 6 clan only have inbreeding as an option, the other clans would want to marry up and give their childs to your clan.
But a tier 6 clan member should never leave the clan, unless the other clan is also 6.

That would mean the other clans wouldn't be able to continue their existence either. All the weaker clans would die out because they'd give up their kids to stronger clans.

Every clan's goal is to advance their own clan and level up and someday become the head of the faction.

---

Either way, going back to the original topic, the whole point of being able to create a clan is to perpetuate itself. To that end, opposite genders are required and ideally the option for higher tier clans.

Back
Top Bottom