Creating a Multiplayer Mod - Limitations of Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

jayoevans

Recruit
Hello there,

I've been playing Mount & Blade: Warband for quite some time now, however, I only recently have gotten into modding of the game.
The possibility of having a multiplayer version of Mount & Blade: Warband the same as the singleplayer is something I'm interested in trying to create, having a group of friends playing as their own factions. Having said this, I'm sure this is an idea many people have had in the past, but from my research, I've not found any evidence of this being done before. I concluded that this must have been for a reason, possibly some kind of limitation to what's possible with mods preventing people from creating this kind of game mode. I then decided to come here to get people thoughts on this, and possibly find some insight as to why this wouldn't work.

Thanks in advance

What I'm thinking of would be a bit different to Battle Time. It would allow users to actually play as factions within the same game as each other. Can you see any limitation which could prevent this from being possible?

Everything would have to be reworked to be networked and even then there isn't a guarantee it would work. People have been trying since Warband came out.

that is the sort of problem that would require real tech know-how (not simple scripting experience). So if you have a software engineer on your team that would like to give it a try, may be possible. Otherwise your chance of success is quite low.

It is entirely possible to do so...
However you would need to write an additional network "engine" from scratch + setting up a webserver and database in order to get it working.

Your experience in networking is key to successfully accomplish such a project.
It's a ****load of work for sure.

Take a look at this OSP.
It's a fairly good basis to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom