MP Tutorial Scenes Creating a Multiplayer Map - (From Script to Hosting) ((Updated!))

Users who are viewing this thread

Does this work with the new module system?  Also, will the new Python 2.7 work?  I know I have to change the PATH by the way.  But I've seriously followed everything to the teeth, yet to no avail.  I really don't understand why it doesn't work.  Any advice or help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks.

Great guide. I have one problem though. With Warband I did everything you said, except the quick scene chooser because I am attepmting to make a multiplayer map, but when I run the build_module.bat, it doesn't replace the conversations.txt. Any ideas why?

Emperor Milton said:
Great guide. I have one problem though. With Warband I did everything you said, except the quick scene chooser because I am attepmting to make a multiplayer map, but when I run the build_module.bat, it doesn't replace the conversations.txt. Any ideas why?

I've had the same problem here.

This is a brilliant guide 'n all that, but I can't understand how to add caves in my map. I want to make a map for Persistent World and for that I need mines. I don't understand how to add them though. Please reply. Thanks :mrgreen:.

On line  "526"  I got a dash exactly like line 527 (next line)  and cannot get rid of it.  is it important to have it look like that screenshot?  Or is that one little dash (by the number) gonna screw everything up?

Recompile your module by running the build_module batch file. You will now find the Quick Scene Chooser in the Tutorial menu.

Okay  Im up to that point where I finnaly got Python installed (2.7) and recognized...  but where is this quick scene chooser?

Listen.. I want to make siege maps...    and I was told there was a way to do the following:

1. Make a random flat map where I can add stuff to it and start from scratch
2. Be able to save the map with an actual name!  (tired of losing hours and hours of work (mostly clearing the old maps) from the regular editor only to see them destroyed when I load multiplayer and it redownloads the same maps over my hard work.

I was under the impression this so called scene chooser was something that could help me make siege maps.

Ive yet to even see it... or be able to find it.

Edit: I succesfully fixed the mixed names, Ive redone the instructions and it turned out perfect.
I might have made a small mistake somewhere when I tried it the first time, great guide m8 :grin:.

@Hiner / Emperor Milton:  check if you set up the path for extract in module_info is right, I ran into the same problem and eventually made a map called test on my C drive so I was absolutley sure it was going to the right place.
Cause I had a less long path to write I had less chance to make errors. Example of my path "C:/Test/"

@Pest: I followed the instructions given by the post creator and ran through the creation of my map quite easily, tho I'm not familiar with building a siege map yet.
I cannot help you with that.
But this post basicly shows you how to code the game so it shows up in your multiplayer screen, its a long and timeconsuming process.
Something we just have to do as there isent an easier way yet.
If you know how to code it will eventually expand your knowledge on how to mod the game and makes future coding alot easier.
It just takes some time to learn.

Hi
Sorry if i seem slightly nublet, but i cant seem to build the module correctly  :oops:

I have installed Python (the latest bugfix, 2.6.6) and Notepad++. I downloaded the module system, which i have placed in my E:\ drive (My usual space for ongoing projects) in its own folder. I have also placed "Template_Tools.py" into the "Module_system 1.134" folder, which I believe is the correct course of action according to user "Exist-nl-" on the thread's first page.

Then, I edited my "Path" variable, so that is looks like this: "c:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Backburner\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Python26"
(Bear in mind that I have changed the default directory slightly. This path has been verified and is correct).

I then copied and pasted my Native module folder, and renamed it to "Custom".

My "Module_info.py" looks as follows:
# Point export_dir to the folder you will be keeping your module
# Make sure you use forward slashes (/) and NOT backward slashes (\)

export_dir = "D:/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/Custom/"
#export_dir = "D:/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/Custom/"

(Note: D:/ is my games drive)

I have also deleted conversation.txt. Now, for some reason that I don't seem to be able to fathom, whenever I try to run Build_Module.bat, CMD.exe just tells me 15-20 times that:
"'python'  is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"
and on the end it states that:
"Could not find E:\Warband Module Stuff\Module_system 1.134\*.pyc"

I have double/triple checked my environmental variable path, and my module_info.py, both of which are correct as far as I can tell, and im confused as to where I am going wrong. I'm really looking forward to toying around with this, I have been meaning to for a while and never have. Now, I have tried and it doesn't work  :roll:
Just my luck :razz:
Looking forward to hearing from you,
                                                  2S1

Thank you, that seemed to help. Unfortunately, something else now seems to be the issue l0l
CMD now says that i have a syntax error, "SyntaxError: EOL while scanning string literal". this also occurs 15-20 times.

Image below:
CMDoutput.jpg

I'm not quite sure how the syntax is incorrect, it was pre-existing before I edited the path. The slashes are also the correct way, so that can't be it.

My god, I can do some JavaScript, c++, c#, CSS, HTML, and a little PHP but i cant even compile a Warband module...
I am shamed :razz:

There are two lines that are identical, bar the # at the beginning of the second line marking it as a comment (not sure why its like that, either, it was like that when I first opened it). If you see my earlier post, that is a direct copy/paste. And yes, that is the path I'm using. They don't appear to be case sensitive either.

The second one with the # is commented out, so the file will not read those lines, they also should colour coded red.
You dont need that, you just need to put your path in first one.
Also I checked something for you, you have an error in your path.

"D:/Mount&Blade/Modules/custom/" is correct.
"D:/Mount&Blade/Modules/custom/ how ever is not you mis a " at the end. :razz:

I know its weird that at some places you have to put your text between "" and others not but I checked it with my own module and I received the same error as you when I deleted my last "

Ahh, thank you, its working!

It's a little late now, so ill have to try it tomorrow, but thanks for taking your time to help. This is why i only got a pass on my BTEC programming diploma instead of merit or distinction  :lol:
Il check in tomorrow if I get chance and let you know what I'm thinking of, maybe bounce ideas.

Safe

Hi
I've managed to get as far as adding in my custom test scene (Create a blank scene section), code as follows:
  ("random_multi_plain_medium",sf_generate|sf_randomize|sf_auto_entry_points,"none", "none", (0,0),(240,240),-0.5,"0x00000001394018dd000649920004406900002920000056d7",
    [],[], "outer_terrain_plain"),
  ("random_multi_plain_large",sf_generate|sf_randomize|sf_auto_entry_points,"none", "none", (0,0),(240,240),-0.5,"0x000000013a001853000aa6a40004406900002920001e4f81",
    [],[], "outer_terrain_plain"),
  ("random_multi_steppe_medium", sf_generate|sf_randomize|sf_auto_entry_points, "none", "none", (0,0),(100, 100), -0.5, "0x0000000128601ae300063d8f0004406900002920001e4f81",
    [],[], "outer_terrain_steppe"),
  ("random_multi_steppe_large", sf_generate|sf_randomize|sf_auto_entry_points, "none", "none", (0,0),(100, 100), -0.5, "0x000000012a00d8630009fe7f0004406900002920001e4f81",
    [],[], "outer_terrain_steppe"),

# CUSTOM

("custom",sf_generate,"none", "none", (0,0),(100,100),-100,"0x00000000300005000002dcb7000061f700004aa0000027e7",
    [],[],"outer_terrain_plain"),

# CUSTOM

("multiplayer_maps_end",sf_generate,"none", "none", (0,0),(100,100),-100,"0x00000001300389800003a4ea000058340000637a0000399b",
    [],[],"outer_terrain_plain"),

The bold text is the text I have entered. As far as I can tell, 'tis all ok.
The problem now seems to be using it: I can't find it in the list of scenes in the QSC tutorial menu. I don't seem to be able to enter edit mode in the campaign map either. I have enabled it on the configuration menu and put my game in windowed mode, but unfortunately, for whatever reason, CTRL+E appears to do nothing. When I am in game (campaign map) I don't see any toolbox. I have also set the debug mode folder from the view menu in game.

Aha, I've found edit mode, i thought it was to be used on campaign map *facepalm* silly me. Looks a little complex, so I'm still experimenting.

I still can't find my "Custom" scene, however, but I did find one called "multiplayer maps end: generate". It is a blank map, with some mountains around the edge, which I think is the plain terrain outer ring. This leads me to believe that it could be my custom scene and I haven't coded it in properly, but I don't see how that could be the case because I followed the tutorial exactly, bar the actual scene name  :???:

I'm going to wait for a reply before I do anything else, I don't want to risk messing up my game environments if it isn't my custom scene.

P.S. Apologies about the triple post

EDIT: I've just realized, it cant be the "multiplayer maps end" environment, it has it's own statement under mine. So now I'm well and truly lost :/ lol

Back
Top Bottom