MP Tutorial Scenes Creating a Multiplayer Map - (From Script to Hosting) ((Updated!))

Users who are viewing this thread

Okay in the section of the tutorial where you are setting up the Quick-Scene Chooser, it says that it needs to look exactly like this screenshot, for me the screenshot doesn't show. I had a go anyway but it has come up with this error:
unledogg.png
And this is what I did as my attempt without the screenshot:
unledokp.png

Scene chooser code must be inserted after the closing square bracket. This is written and even highlighted in the QSC thread.

I'm stuck on the map entry bit. I've got Python installed, quickscene installed ok(although I now realize it's pointless for NW). The build_Module works. However, I'm using a map that was added in Napoleonic Wars called scn_mp_custom_map_20. That isn't in the list on the module files I downloaded obviously because they were made before NW came out.

Got any ideas on what to do?

This what is in the scenes.txt in the NW folder:

scn_mp_custom_map_20 mp_custom_map_20 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x000000023002a1ba0004210900003ca000006a8900007a7b
outer_terrain_plain

Do I have to add that somewhere in the module compiler folder with python?

Zlotz said:
Following this tutorial is such a pain in the ass... why is it so hard to make a map for M&B ???
I thought that the tutorial was pretty good, and I noted the things that gave me issues on the first page.

Though spawns never did work right. They don't in CTF vanilla either though.

I have a hypothesis that some spawns are meant to work for either army, and that you don't want to use all of them.

I tried testing it out after I made a module folder by deleting the conversation.txt like you said then running the batch.  BUT, like the french dude I get python isn't recognized as an internal or external command like 50 times then Could not find C:Users\Name\Desktop\Module_system 1.134\*.pyc
FML!  Help?

Hello.
I've followed you guide and using some common sense i removed some of the maps from the list but after i've done that something weird happened.
Easier to just watch the pictures:
mb6.jpg

mb3.jpg

mb2.jpg

So bassicly a weird extra map whas added to the list and i have no idea how. It seems to be named after a singeplayer dialouge?
I cant actually play on the map since i cant even open it.

those pictures are not working for me.

I suspect the dialogue map label is a result of some copy paste malfunction, but it is just speculation based on nothing.

I know this has been a year now but if you are still around the script file looks nothing link this :sad: I tried looking for troop_type files but non are there, don't know what I'm doing wrong!!!!

Back
Top Bottom