Creating a list of villages

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello all, been a while since I worked on this MOD of mine, but I figure I may as well work on it some more.  I guess the game will have died long before I finish it, but what ever, it passes the time.

any way here is my problem.  I am trying to create an array of all the villages sorted by distance from the party I am talking to.  the idea being I meet one of my caravans I have on the map, and tell them to go do something.  hire troops, buy food, sell loot, etc.  any way what I want is to make this list and sort it by distance from the party I am talking to.

I am using sphere's dynamic arrays to do this. but for some reason the list does not seem to get created correctly.  I am sure it is an easy fix I am over looking due to my long time away from this, but any help would be nice. 

Code:
(call_script, "script_array_create"),
(assign, ":Array_Village_List", reg0),
(call_script, "script_array_create"),
(assign, ":Array_Village_Distance", reg0),
(assign, ":Array_Write",0),

# this will give us a ":Distance" sorted list of villiages from our current position.
(assign, ":Village_List_Index", 0),
(try_for_range, ":Village_ID", villages_begin, villages_end), 
   (store_distance_to_party_from_party, ":Distance", ":Village_ID", "$g_encountered_party"),
   (call_script,"script_array_get_size", ":Array_Village_List"), 
   (assign, ":List_Size", reg0), 
   (try_for_range, ":Village_List_Index", 0, ":List_Size"),
      (call_script, "script_array_get_element", ":Array_Village_Distance", ":Village_List_Index", 0),
      (assign, ":Current_Array_Distance", reg0),
      (try_begin),
         (lt, ":Distance", ":Current_Array_Distance"),	
         (call_script, "script_array_insert", ":Array_Village_List", ":Village_List_Index", ":Village_ID"),
         (call_script, "script_array_insert", ":Array_Village_Distance", ":Village_List_Index", ":Distance"),	
	 (assign, ":Array_Written",1), #set flag for data written
      (try_end),
   (try_end),
   #if we have reached the end of the list and not inserted the values append them to the end.
   (try_begin),
      (eq, ":Array_Written",0), #If the value has not been written to the array
      (call_script, "script_array_pushback", ":Array_Village_List", ":Village_ID"),
      (call_script, "script_array_pushback", ":Array_Village_Distance", ":Distance"),	
   (try_end),
(try_end),

Back
Top Bottom