SP - General Create your own kindom Units

Users who are viewing this thread

This_Banana

Recruit
hey guys,

would like to know if other players would like to create their own in-game units for their own kingdom.

Just wanted to give you an example of how that could work.

At the point where you start your own kingdom you would get an empty unit tree.

In this tree you would only see blanc troops, which like the character get a certain amount of skill points till the player creats his troops. The points could be distributed by the player himself.

Likewise, each unit level would receive a certain amount of gold and the player would be able to create sets of his units from given game items in the game.

Maybe u like this maybe not. Just wanted to share my thoughts with you.

Stay healty =)

I like the idea of creating your own troop tree, it should be able to be done at any time, would be cool to be able to customize as you wish given certain requirements. Would be cool if there was a way to improve upon it too. Like maybe depending on your clan level, you get more or less powerful troops or something.

While i agree with the idea i stil wonder how will they be balanced aganst existing units

There could be a point system. Each tier gets a certain amount of points to spend on equipment and skills. Better equipment and higher skills cost more points, so you can't just make everything perfect and you have to pick what to invest in.

Also, they could make these tier 5 max, so the native tier 6 units would still be better.

There could be a point system. Each tier gets a certain amount of points to spend on equipment and skills. Better equipment and higher skills cost more points, so you can't just make everything perfect and you have to pick what to invest in.

Also, they could make these tier 5 max, so the native tier 6 units would still be better.

I didn't play much MP yet, but doesn't this system already exist there? If so, then it shouldn't be too hard to implement this for SP too.

I was thinking about this as well. You should be able to make basically any unit of the game without making them OP like battanian fian champs are :razz: It would be so awesome to be able to create the army you want for yourself, BUT the only point is how do you balance them for recruitment? because now you only get units from their respective cultures from that fief, so battanians from those from battania etc if you start your own kingdom, do you convert those towns into your culture and can you only recruit your own then from those fiefs?
I would say normal recruits should give max tier 5 units with a noble branch that gives tier 6 for a bit more oomph. Those should be just a tad less statswise then the current ones are so no copy paste fians or cataphracts.

I would also like to see this implemented. To comment on pr0faker's point of copying units, the noble units would require you to have a certain relationship level with the settlements they are produced in, similar to that of settlements in other cultures, and spawn rate would also be similar. Hence i do not believe it will cause any issues if you would be able to copy those units as they will still be rare, and will not spawn in every settlement you own.

I would also like to see this implemented. To comment on pr0faker's point of copying units, the noble units would require you to have a certain relationship level with the settlements they are produced in, similar to that of settlements in other cultures, and spawn rate would also be similar. Hence i do not believe it will cause any issues if you would be able to copy those units as they will still be rare, and will not spawn in every settlement you own.
that would help as well yeah.But it would suit the lore a bit more that those epic units developed over centuries by the cultures and perfected their specialized way of fighting etc. The units could be close to the same but just not quite there.

+1

On how to get them: It could be a part of the disciplinarian perk as well. 'Retrain' other culture's recruits to your Kingdom's type.

in my opintion is a Point system the idea. I tried to descrive a possibly in my Post. =)
I was thinking about this as well. You should be able to make basically any unit of the game without making them OP like battanian fian champs are :razz: It would be so awesome to be able to create the army you want for yourself, BUT the only point is how do you balance them for recruitment? because now you only get units from their respective cultures from that fief, so battanians from those from battania etc if you start your own kingdom, do you convert those towns into your culture and can you only recruit your own then from those fiefs?
I would say normal recruits should give max tier 5 units with a noble branch that gives tier 6 for a bit more oomph. Those should be just a tad less statswise then the current ones are so no copy paste fians or cataphracts.

Could be more solutions for the Problem. Maybe u convert the village like u have describe it. Or u get a new skill tree when u have lock ur new kindom.
In my optintion is the copy/paste aspect no matter. I dont want to create own units to copy/paste other units. And atm its still a singleplayer campaing. If u want to play Overpowered Units u could do it. But nobody is forced to play with Overpowered Units =)

I love this idea, it is one of the biggest things that I hope they add to the game. The ability to custom create an army of my own "culture" would be absolutely amazing and I think it would actually fit decently well with the lore of the game given that so many people use so many different methods of fighting. Setting up an army tree that "copies" several different other cultures to make a tree that fits your own playstyle more closely would be amazing. I think the easiest way to implement something like this would be to have you "choose your culture" when you create a kingdom and then have any villages that you conquer slowly convert to that culture over time, which will allow you to recruit troops of your own making from the villages and towns as your kingdom starts to expand. This would also fit in with the idea that instead of just helter-skelter throwing together an army you are rather taking the time to train and prepare an army that you feel will allow your kingdom to prosper, something that nobles and kings often did in real life when they found some sort of armor or weapons that they particularly enjoyed.

What they could do is add another recruiting to all villages/towns accesible only by the owner of that fief and based on his culture. That way all fief owners(AI included) would be able to replenish their armies at their fiefs faster and with the right units for them. At that point you can, when having your own fiefs recruit the units you created without anyone else being affected.
Would also solve AI lords running around like muppets and not finding any units to replenish.

What they could do is add another recruiting to all villages/towns accesible only by the owner of that fief and based on his culture. That way all fief owners(AI included) would be able to replenish their armies at their fiefs faster and with the right units for them. At that point you can, when having your own fiefs recruit the units you created without anyone else being affected.
Would also solve AI lords running around like muppets and not finding any units to replenish.
I dont see that as a problem right now the amount of times i defeat a lord release him and he comes back within a day or so with an army just as big as the one you defeated.
The problem becomes one of troop quality as they just spam armies of recruits and dont take the time to train troops lick their wounds etc before coming at you again,

I remember the custom knight orders in the Prophesy of Pendor mod. While not the same as a troop tree, it was fun working to create my own units and training their skills until they became OP as hell. I am all for this idea, but there would certainly need to be some balancing aspects to them such as making sure lower tiers cannot use too powerful of weapons/armor, etc. It could be a great money sink too, because in late game you have far more money that you ever need.

Back
Top Bottom