SP - Battles & Sieges Create 'Skirmish' command for cavalry where they only fight cavalry and avoid the archer/infantry line

Users who are viewing this thread

Userre

Recruit
I'm always interested in singleplayer battles to try and eliminate the cavalry force first, but micromanaging my cavalry can be tedious. If a Skirmish command were introduced, this would encourage my cavalry to only attack the cavalry at the wings. This would be slightly more realistic as in real historical battles, the cavalry often existed solely to try and stop the other, and whichever force won out would usually win the fight through the flanks.

I'm always interested in singleplayer battles to try and eliminate the cavalry force first, but micromanaging my cavalry can be tedious. If a Skirmish command were introduced, this would encourage my cavalry to only attack the cavalry at the wings. This would be slightly more realistic as in real historical battles, the cavalry often existed solely to try and stop the other, and whichever force won out would usually win the fight through the flanks.
good suggestion, this would hopefully prevent your cavalry getting stuck between their cavalry and infantry.
another stance suggestion could be to only target missile infantry.

This is a great suggestion! What we have at present is cavalry senselessly charging into stacked infantry troops and hacking about them until they (inevitable) get knocked off/dragged off/killed. I would like to be able to give battle units specific commands at the beginning of an encounter based on the enemy we face (e.g. when facing Khuzait tell cavalry to keep shields up to combat their many horse archers, when facing disorganised Batanian lines to charge in hard, or to stay back until infantry engages, only attack cavalry, etc.). At present every battel quickly disintegrates into a disorganised chaotic shambles.

Back
Top Bottom