In Progress crashing while moving around the map

Users who are viewing this thread

HowsMyShot

Recruit
crashing while moving around the map

i cant move anywhere, the game freeze and crash, checked my dxdiag etc everything latest version
average 100FPS

For me the game now crashes after a successful siege, or when I convince a lord to join me. My fear is that TW is kind of rushing development, as number of bugs seemingly increase with each 'fix.'
I think thats normal. If you fix a bug more are going to show up, and isn't it better if the bugs show up now? Rather than a year later? If the bugs show now it's easier to get them fixed.

I think thats normal. If you fix a bug more are going to show up, and isn't it better if the bugs show up now? Rather than a year later? If the bugs show now it's easier to get them fixed.
"If you fix a bug more are going to show up" is like saying "if you fix electricity in your living room, of course the tap in the bathroom will start to fail." It does not make any sense. What would make sense is "if you introduce new features, there will likely be new bugs."

I am not complaning about the number of bugs, on the contrary I was rather suprised by how playable the game already was on EA day one. But now, it looks like more bugs are being introduced in an effort to fix existing ones. My game went from playable on day one to virtually unplayable, which it is right now.

Some software companies do away with testing and other QA steps before delivering their final product in order to rush development. I only hope TW is not one of those companies. Because if they are, then none of us is getting the game they hope for.

Last edited:
A save game of mine had this issue in e1.1.0, continuing the game from a lucky autosave a few minutes prior has worked ok for hours. Now I'm being careful to create new saves more often.

"If you fix a bug more are going to show up" is like saying "if you fix electricity in your living room, of course the tap in the bathroom will start to fail." It does not make any sense. What would make sense is "if you introduce new features, there will likely be new bugs."

I am not complaning about the number of bugs, on the contrary I was rather suprised by how playable the game already was on EA day one. But now, it looks like more bugs are being introduced in an effort to fix existing ones. My game went from playable on day one to virtually unplayable, which it is right now.

Some software companies do away with testing and other QA steps before delivering their final product in order to rush development. I only hope TW is not one of those companies. Because if they are, then none of us is getting the game they hope for.
Well building a house is much different than coding a video game.

I play just fine on my non-gaming laptop for days straight ... sounds like a personal issue

Yeah, well just because you aren't having issues doesn't mean other people aren't. I have a beast PC that has had no problem playing any game at 2k settings, maxed, ever. Same for many others. This game is a buggy mess. I've spent 3/4 my time troubleshooting how to not crash and about 1/4 of that time actually playing.

I am a veteran software engineer, working as a consultant. I know what coding anything is like, possibly more than most at TW or any other company. That's pretty much why people pay me. So please spare me your patronizing comments.
lol it's not patronizing im just saying it's different, and how was I supposed to know you're a veteran software engineer.

lol it's not patronizing im just saying it's different, and how was I supposed to know you're a veteran software engineer.
Of course they are different, I was trying to explain why "crushing bugs in turn introducing new bugs" does not make sense through an analogy. I mean if that were the case, literally no one would spend any time debugging as by definition it would introduce new bugs resulting in net loss due to opportunity cost.

About my job, of course you could not have known what I do professionally, so to be safe always assume everyone knows at least as much as you do until they demonstrate otherwise... That's how I do it :wink:

All that said, I understand why to a layperson my post could have appeared somewhat alarmist. I assure you that is not my intention. I trust TW and totally love their games; and I hope they do not to rush late development of Bannerlord to the point of lacking in tests and QA. I would rather wait longer for a higher quality software.

Of course they are different, I was trying to explain why "crushing bugs in turn introducing new bugs" does not make sense through an analogy. I mean if that were the case, literally no one would spend any time debugging as by definition it would introduce new bugs resulting in net loss due to opportunity cost.

About my job, of course you could not have known what I do professionally, so to be safe always assume everyone knows at least as much as you do until they demonstrate otherwise... That's how I do it :wink:

All that said, I understand why to a layperson my post could have appeared somewhat alarmist. I assure you that is not my intention. I trust TW and totally love their games; and I hope they do not to rush late development of Bannerlord to the point of lacking in tests and QA. I would rather wait longer for a higher quality software.
Alright makes sense. I guess it does sound wierd saying getting rid of a bug would get new ones and yeah I also wanna wait. I'm pretty glad they put it in early access on steam so people who really wanted to play it could, and so they could get bug testing done. I wonder what the new combat will be, because from what I heard alot of stuff, including combat is from warband as a placeholder.

I'm pretty glad they put it in early access on steam so people who really wanted to play it could, and so they could get bug testing done. I wonder what the new combat will be, because from what I heard alot of stuff, including combat is from warband as a placeholder.
This game is already addictive and has so much room to improve in every way, or I am perhaps too excited about it :smile:

Back
Top Bottom