Resolved Crashing when making peace with a nation

Users who are viewing this thread

Whiskey Sour

Recruit
When attempting to make peace, I offered a high level prisoner and had them make peace and give me around 1800 denar. Then I crashed as ssoon as I pressed offer.

My game crashes when: Discussed Peace Terms with a minor Lord in the streets of a city. When I opened the barter menu the game crashed.

Can confirm this is still going on... When I click the "Offer" button in a peace barter, the game crashes.

One thing I've noticed is this -
I have been able to make peace when speaking to the Battanian ruler (Caladog) while he was in an army. I crashed when attempting the same with other Battanian lords (these were all in regular hero parties).

I'll try to investigate this and see if the bug is related to parties...

Update:

Was unable to replicate making peace with an army. All peace barters cause a CTD, which is quite a problem as 3 factions declared war on me :sad:

Hello, the info you have given surely will be useful in the fixing process. I want you to know we are working hard to solve these issues and i am sure these problems will be fixed in a short period of time.

Issue still exist as of e1.0.7.

For me, peace happens, game autosaves, then the game crashes, I can reload the autosave, but game crashes as soon as i unpause.

with update 1.07 after making peace and paying price, the game crashes instantly without a report.

update: actually I managed to overcome crash by making peace while staying in the castle and making parley during the siege

Last edited:
with update 1.07 after making peace and paying price, the game crashes instantly without a report.

update: actually I managed to overcome crash by making peace while staying in the castle and making parley during the siege
I will try this and update if it works for me

This would be too late for me. I'm autosaved right after the peace deal and am on an infinite crash loop. Two of my other saves are also at the infinite crash loop. Shouldn't have to be in the castle to make the deal work.
It did work for me. Thanks Riebus! Hmm don't you have another save that's quite near? If that's the case then my guess would be to wait for hotfix.

It did work for me. Thanks Riebus! Hmm don't you have another save that's quite near? If that's the case then my guess would be to wait for hotfix.
Sadly no. The nearest goes further back, when I have only one castle. I spent so much time getting the second one, it's ridiculous, and this one I just got is my third. I'm just going to wait.

Yup still crashing after peace even with the mini-patch after e1.0.7. I ran into an enemy lord out in the field so the siege trick Riebus mentioned won't work for me, but I'm gonna fiddle around and see if another similar trick can be done. Maybe talking to the same lord again might do the trick.

- edit: Nope. I'm gonna need to roll back to before the peace thing...

This crash is still happening, Hope they gonna fix it soon.
Talking with same lord or different one won't help. Already tried, same results. It seems that the peace is the reason. If l continued to be at war game runs fine, as soon as the peace comes it's crashing.

Guys if you have a save before you barter for peace do it. and just wait for them to siege one of your castle/towns during that do a parlay and barter for peace. When in siege it doesn't cause a crash.

Guys if you have a save before you barter for peace do it. and just wait for them to siege one of your castle/towns during that do a parlay and barter for peace. When in siege it doesn't cause a crash.
Well that's the problem, l don't have the save before that and it's a problem that has to be fix, otherwise it will keep happening on and on during campaigns.

l.e: If I'm starting a new campaign it's gonna be a matter of time untill the crash happens again, which is frustrating as hell. Spending countless hours on a campaign only to not being able to continue.

I’m sure they will get it fixed soon! Don’t worry about it. I wouldn’t start another game yet, wait a day or 2 for the hot fix and carry on playing! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom