Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
couldn't report - no crash report window
Summary: My game crashes upon opening the trade interface in town, first, icons are slow to load in and after most of them are loaded, the game crashes without a crash report prompt window. This only happens on my current save file, in a new campaign works correctly. I have used Banner paste mod but shouldn't be corelated since it works fine on other saves
How to Reproduce: open trading in town
Have you used cheats and if so which: -
Scene Name (if related): trade interface
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

it is 1.6.0 and I assume you don't have support for this version yet? Because I don't see the crash uploader tool when I crash this way, the game just disappears.

Sorry forgot to add the info bit.
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Sorry forgot to add the info bit.
I'm experiencing an identical problem, through my research I have noticed the game always crashes 1-3 seconds after Menavlion loads as an item on either player's or merchant's side of the screen, I can stay in the trade menu for good until the menavlion image loads. I can't guarantee that is the problem, but it ALWAYS crashed right after menavlion popped up in 10+ tries. I also used Banner Paste Mod, so there is the possibility that could be a problem as well.

I uploaded my save file to http://upload.taleworlds.com/

Last edited:
I can confirm that it is using BannerPaste that causes this crash. I started a new campaign and was able to open the store menu no problem even with BannerPaste loaded but after I actually used BannerPaste and pasted a custom banner in the game immediately crashed upon opening the trade menu. All on 1.6.0.

I can confirm that it is using BannerPaste that causes this crash. I started a new campaign and was able to open the store menu no problem even with BannerPaste loaded but after I actually used BannerPaste and pasted a custom banner in the game immediately crashed upon opening the trade menu. All on 1.6.0.
Any idea how I can get rid of my custom banner then? I can't just default it.

I've been researching this a bit and can provide some additional information.

The crash occurs due to applying a banner with more than 1 icon layer to a shield in the inventory UI. The exception is a STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN (0x0000409), which is why there's no crash report. Here's a snippet of the last lines from my rgl log:

[10:22:23.954] Trying to make partial read on compressed asset data. This does not improve performance since partial decompression is not supported [10:22:23.954] Trying to make partial read on compressed asset data. This does not improve performance since partial decompression is not supported [10:22:23.954] Trying to make partial read on compressed asset data. This does not improve performance since partial decompression is not supported [10:22:24.021] Granite Warning: W1005: Performance warning: A tile needs to be uploaded to a MipmapStreamingTexture with more than 256 redirects. [10:22:24.021] Granite Warning: Performance warning: The upload queue size is too small to fit all rectangles that need to be uploaded. A flush of the upload queue to the device is needed. [10:22:24.023] Granite Warning: Performance warning: The upload queue size is too small to fit all rectangles that need to be uploaded. A flush of the upload queue to the device is needed.

I know you guys aren't particularly interested in supporting custom banners, however, I'd like to point out that this occurs even with some of the default clan banners (those which have more than 1 icon layer)

Last edited:
Any idea how I can get rid of my custom banner then? I can't just default it.

Go create a banner with just 1 icon layer in the web based banner creator and then paste that into the banner editor to replace your existing one. Alternatively, access some of the existing clan banners in Sandbox/ModuleData/spclans.xml and just copy and paste one of those in the game banner editor to replace your existing complex one.

Please note that we can’t support any modding-related issues. You can find more information about how to remove modifications here and more information about what we think about issues related to modding here.
If you can reproduce the issue in a new, un-modded and verified campaign please let us know!
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom