Crashing constantly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Onbangies

Recruit
I have played the game for around 5 hours now, with zero crashes. Now I've for some reason reached a point where everytime I relaunch I can't play more than 5-10 minutes and it keeps crashing... Is anyone else having this issue?

I have played the game for around 5 hours now, with zero crashes. Now I've for some reason reached a point where everytime I relaunch I can't play more than 5-10 minutes and it keeps crashing... Is anyone else having this issue?
Hey! I'm in the same boat as you.

When I load my save the game is very temporamental. Moving between menus (party, inventory etc.) steps hard and crashes almost every time.

This also happens to me after 5 hours so my thoughts of possible causes are -

- Too many horses or other items / gear in my inventory
- Some sort of temp files / memory build up

I'll try an older save and selling gear to determine if it is perhaps related to this, and to see if the issue is now specific to a save.

Hello again,

I tried selling all of my stuff and it didn't seem to make a difference. I also tried fighting a battle; the battle itself was "OK" with some steeping but the game crashed when talking to the lord afterwards.

Please note players are unable to send crash reports, as your crash reporter fails.

Hey! I'm in the same boat as you.

When I load my save the game is very temporamental. Moving between menus (party, inventory etc.) steps hard and crashes almost every time.

This also happens to me after 5 hours so my thoughts of possible causes are -

- Too many horses or other items / gear in my inventory
- Some sort of temp files / memory build up

I'll try an older save and selling gear to determine if it is perhaps related to this, and to see if the issue is now specific to a save.

Here's the fix. Do you have "Army of Poachers" quest?

Is the game breaking every midnight?

If so, do this.
" I got this same bug too, I took the poacher quest near midnight for a town a little far, with the quest being due that same midnight- I couldn't make it to the town in time before the day ended, game crashed before getting there. Village wasn't raided - I was just outside of riding distance. It crashed every midnight of the same day - if your crash happens at the same time every midnight, this should work.

Fix? Turn on Cheat Mode on Documents/Bannerlord/engine_config to 1 instead of 0. Save it. Reload the game, not in safe mode.

Then, control left click right next to the village targetted. It'll teleport you there - you should be able to interact with it before the day's end and fulfill the quest.

After this, you can save, go back to the document and turn Cheat Mode back off."

Let me know if it works by quoting this reply!

Hey, thanks for trying to help.

This doesn't relate to me personally, I have the following quests -

- "Overpriced Raw Materials at Husn Fulq"
- "Gang leader needs weapons"
- "Investigate'Neretzes's Folly'"

If so, do this.
" I got this same bug too, I took the poacher quest near midnight for a town a little far, with the quest being due that same midnight- I couldn't make it to the town in time before the day ended, game crashed before getting there. Village wasn't raided - I was just outside of riding distance. It crashed every midnight of the same day - if your crash happens at the same time every midnight, this should work.

Fix? Turn on Cheat Mode on Documents/Bannerlord/engine_config to 1 instead of 0. Save it. Reload the game, not in safe mode.

Then, control left click right next to the village targetted. It'll teleport you there - you should be able to interact with it before the day's end and fulfill the quest.

After this, you can save, go back to the document and turn Cheat Mode back off."

This doesn't work for me because the village has been raided so i am unable to do the quest

If so, do this.

Thanks a lot. Your solution helped me. It was really the "Army of Poachers" quest that bugged out when you do not finish it in time. Hopefully this does not happen to often or otherwise I won't do this quest anymore :S

If so, do this.

Hey thanks a ton man this worked, I guess this quest is a no-no!

sucks though because it has the best output of 20 leather xD but trying now. Dev said fix is coming in the next hotfix but I wanna play now!

I have never in my life found a fix for anything so easy before. Especially not for a video game. I have terrible luck to add on to it. I'm a reborn believer.

If so, do this.

Someone help please? Can someone tell me the exact path to this file and the text layout of it after i change it... e.g engine_config_1 or no underscore etc..

Thank you, now what exactly do i change? the name of the file ? and what to, how's it laid out...?

go into the file use control + f function search for cheat. You should see a cheat menu 0 change that 0 to a 1 and then save the file open the game. Cheat menu is now active this will allow the similar functionality as cheat menu did in warband.

To reiterate, it should be in ABC order...if not, "cheat mode" should only be about 3 or 4 rows down. Change thant number from 0 to a 1 as stated above. Open the game NOT in safe mode.

If so, do this.

Doesnt really help when it crashes mid day.

I have never in my life found a fix for anything so easy before. Especially not for a video game. I have terrible luck to add on to it. I'm a reborn believer.

Thanks a lot. Your solution helped me. It was really the "Army of Poachers" quest that bugged out when you do not finish it in time. Hopefully this does not happen to often or otherwise I won't do this quest anymore :S

Hey thanks a ton man this worked, I guess this quest is a no-no!

I'm happy the fix worked for you guys! It hasn't worked for everyone

Back
Top Bottom