Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2022-01-17_13.59.47_ca02d74e611f50dabaf6c035c245a4f0

Lionicicles

Recruit
Summary:The game crashes on launch, I have no mods installed, I have tried it on the beta, and I have reinstalled several times but the game will crash at the loading screen after the Taleworld/Nvidia intros.
How to Reproduce: Whenever I start the game.
Have you used cheats and if so which: N/A
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video):
dIh49dE.png

(Crash log)
r7rcZtA.png

(Where the game crashes without fail)
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.5167
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80Ghz 2.81Ghz
RAM: 12 GB
Motherboard: GL502VMK
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB HDD HST hTS721010A9E630

To investigate the issue you are experiencing further we need you to open the game with a command line. With that you can send us a more inclusive dump file.
  • Navigate to the game's installation folder. Navigate to the bin\Win64_Shipping_Client folder.
  • Write cmd to the address bar.
  • Paste this command line and press enter:
  • Bannerlord.exe /singleplayer _MODULES_*Native*SandBoxCore*CustomBattle*Sandbox*StoryMode*_MODULES_ /enable_full_memory_dump
  • This will launch the game normally but the crash reporter will send us more data that we need to pinpoint the issue. Crash the game as you reported and send us the crash report as usual. Don't forget to copy the crash id afterwards as we need to it check the details. Thank you!

To investigate the issue you are experiencing further we need you to open the game with a command line. With that you can send us a more inclusive dump file.
  • Navigate to the game's installation folder. Navigate to the bin\Win64_Shipping_Client folder.
  • Write cmd to the address bar.
  • Paste this command line and press enter:
  • Bannerlord.exe /singleplayer _MODULES_*Native*SandBoxCore*CustomBattle*Sandbox*StoryMode*_MODULES_ /enable_full_memory_dump
  • This will launch the game normally but the crash reporter will send us more data that we need to pinpoint the issue. Crash the game as you reported and send us the crash report as usual. Don't forget to copy the crash id afterwards as we need to it check the details. Thank you!
Thank you, for your response!

I've done as instructed. I didn't know that the windows explorer could do that, so thank you for the lesson.

Unfortunatly, when I try to send from the Crash Uploader it says that it fails, and for me to try and send again. Is there a way I can provide the information, or make the crash uploader work?

Could you check the pathway below? There should be a log file named crashuploader.
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs
Please note that ProgramData is a hidden folder.

Could you check the pathway below? There should be a log file named crashuploader.
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs
Please note that ProgramData is a hidden folder.
Yes, I was able to find those files. I'm not sure on how to send them, so I've inputted them into a spoiler below.

[1/18/2022 9:48:53 PM][INFO]: Writing report description.
[1/18/2022 9:48:53 PM][INFO]: Compressing crash files.
[1/18/2022 9:49:46 PM][INFO]: Sending crash files.
[1/18/2022 9:49:50 PM][ERROR]: Waiting for the upload to finish is failed: One or more errors occurred.

I also appear to have files named: launcher_log_79234.txt, rgl_log_15640.txt and rgl_log_errors_15640.txt to go along with quite a few CrashUploader files. I can post them to the forum if you like me too, but they're pretty long.
---------------------------------------------

There should be the dump file located in the crashes folder of the aforementioned pathway. It would be great if you can manually upload it to wetransfer or any other file uploader service and send me the download link as pm.

There should be the dump file located in the crashes folder of the aforementioned pathway. It would be great if you can manually upload it to wetransfer or any other file uploader service and send me the download link as pm.
I have sent over the files requested. I'll look forward to the reply.

Could you check if you have this file in the pathway below?
"steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\GUI\GauntletUI\spriteData.xml"
If so can you delete it and try again?
We don't use this xml anymore and if you have installed any mods prior this xml could be changed. The game still wants to use it if thats the case.
This should be deleted if the clean install workaround steps have been done appropriately. Do you remember seeing this file in the game folder after an uninstall?

Could you check if you have this file in the pathway below?
"steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\GUI\GauntletUI\spriteData.xml"
If so can you delete it and try again?
We don't use this xml anymore and if you have installed any mods prior this xml could be changed. The game still wants to use it if thats the case.
This should be deleted if the clean install workaround steps have been done appropriately. Do you remember seeing this file in the game folder after an uninstall?
I went to the pathway, and I found the spriteData.xml. I deleted it, and I could get past the area where I was crashing.

However, now I have an additional problem. When I click start a new campaign, I can play the cutscene, and I can select a faction, but when it takes me to the character creation screen I suffer a crash.

Crash ID: 2022-01-25_01.13.26_ca02d74e611f50dabaf6c035c245a4f0

Hi, i have also many crashes after format my pc. 2022-01-25_17.36.58_f3e45915e79e4348e1907ea0462b2e9c and i also tried reinstall delete spriteData.xml. After deleting this file game is open but in single player no any play buttons in multiplayer give another error is ;

"Application crashed because it could not get new memory from the operating system.

Requested memory size is 9223372036854775808 bytes.

Common causes are:
-Physical memory of your system might be insufficient for current configurations
-Your OS page file might be too small
-Other running applications might increase memory pressure on your system"

pls help me...

To clarify should I make a new ticket? Or should I just standby for resolving of that issue?
You don't have to make a new ticket for the crash we are in progress fixing it.
Hi, i have also many crashes after format my pc. 2022-01-25_17.36.58_f3e45915e79e4348e1907ea0462b2e9c and i also tried reinstall delete spriteData.xml. After deleting this file game is open but in single player no any play buttons in multiplayer give another error is ;
This crash is also has a fix in the works. For not being able to select any main menu buttons you can use this workaround:

Missing Menu Buttons​

If some of the buttons on the main menu are missing, you can try the workaround below to fix it:
  • Delete the “LauncherData.xml” file located at “C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs". The game will create a new one when launching.

Back
Top Bottom