Need More Info Crashing after launch (Skipping the hammer vid in intro)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.7
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-02-27_15.35.57_080033945304d73e5ed5259823da3813
I am unable to get past the launcher to main menu. I have tried most methods that can be found online already... please help! :grin:

Sent many crash reports already too.
2021-02-27_15.35.57_080033945304d73e5ed5259823da3813

Can you try the workaround below?

Crash after the TaleWorlds Intro Video​

If you are experiencing a crash after the intro video please try this workaround
Navigate to this folder:
"SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\GUI\GauntletUI"
And delete “spriteData.xm”l file and try again. It is not necessary to verify the game files after this. The game will create the file again when it launched again.

Can you try the workaround below?
I'm having the same issue as the OP and tried deleting the file. It would try to start from steam, then it got the "- Running" and immediately went away. I verified the game integrity found, 4 missing files, and then it continued to crash after hammer. Thank you for your time.

Thank you Marda, my game is currently working now.
Unfortunately another issue is happening.

It has to do with the commands (F1-F12 keys not working)

they work if I unplug the keyboard and plug it back in. Seems to automatically disconnect and stop my F1 etc keys from working after issuing commands. Verified this with keyboard checker and it doesn’t work in game and off game too. Might this just be my software issue? Or is the game somehow disabling it in some way.

I'm having the same issue as the OP and tried deleting the file. It would try to start from steam, then it got the "- Running" and immediately went away. I verified the game integrity found, 4 missing files, and then it continued to crash after hammer. Thank you for your time.
Hi mobilesmile5,

I tried updating all my software, graphics card etc then proceeded to completely delete everything from mount n blade.

uninstalled from Steam app.
deleted every file I could find under the downloaded drive (steam app - common)
Also deleted from C: - users - urname - find the mount and blade files and completely wiped everything

then tried to install everything again.
Sorry for the bad explanation as I’m on my phone and can’t relate with the pc xD

It has to do with the commands (F1-F12 keys not working)

they work if I unplug the keyboard and plug it back in. Seems to automatically disconnect and stop my F1 etc keys from working after issuing commands. Verified this with keyboard checker and it doesn’t work in game and off game too. Might this just be my software issue? Or is the game somehow disabling it in some way.
Never saw a bug like this before. Might be related to your hardware. Do you have a spare keyboard that you can try with to see if this happens again? Also, is this happening only on Bannerlord? Are you using any additional third party app that might affect how keyboards work? (like logitech's own software for example.)

Hi mobilesmile5,

I tried updating all my software, graphics card etc then proceeded to completely delete everything from mount n blade.

uninstalled from Steam app.
deleted every file I could find under the downloaded drive (steam app - common)
Also deleted from C: - users - urname - find the mount and blade files and completely wiped everything

then tried to install everything again.
Sorry for the bad explanation as I’m on my phone and can’t relate with the pc xD
Thank you terrance I got it working after doing something similar. I did a complete clean install and turned off the cloud syncing of saves that I previously had that were modded. Thank you for your response.

Back
Top Bottom