Resolved Crashing after clicking play on launcher

Users who are viewing this thread

This has been happening for about a week and i've seen alot of other threads with a similar issue but with fixes that don't apply to me
i've tried verifying files, updating windows, updating Visual C++, reinstalling the game, removing all mods and saves.
i don't really know what else to try
this has been happening over multiple different versions of the game

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

I have tried everything and nothing at all works. I have had this problem for 3 months now.
I have updated all my drivers and softwares. Verified integrity of game files like 20 times. Reinstalled the game.
Bought a new graphics card but didnt help. Downloaded mods that were supposed to fix the launcher but that didnt work either.
I also tried changing the patch to something that did work before when I was playing the game but even the old patches dont work anymore.

I have tried everything and nothing at all works. I have had this problem for 3 months now.
I have updated all my drivers and softwares. Verified integrity of game files like 20 times. Reinstalled the game.
Bought a new graphics card but didnt help. Downloaded mods that were supposed to fix the launcher but that didnt work either.
I also tried changing the patch to something that did work before when I was playing the game but even the old patches dont work anymore.
Hi! Could you send a crash dump through the crash uploader and post the crash report ID here? Also, please share your computer specs using the template below. Thanks in advance!

Computer Specs:
GPU:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):
In-game graphic settings:

Hi! Could you send a crash dump through the crash uploader and post the crash report ID here? Also, please share your computer specs using the template below. Thanks in advance!

Computer Specs:
Windows 10
GPU: GeFroce RTX 2060
CPU: Intel Xeon CPU E5-2670 2.60GHz
RAM: 16,0Gt
Motherboard: 08HPGT Dell Precision T3600 System Motherboard
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): ATA ADATA SSD S510 120Gb. Couldn't find the HDD
In-game graphic settings: In-game graphic settings I don't know since the game doesn't start. Also a little update now the game crash report says different stuff than before.

Could you perform a clean install after removing all of your mods following the instructions on this article ? Thanks!

Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Did it and now it finally works <3 I don't know why because I have done that twice before already and didn't work then.

i beleive i've had this exact same issue. I open the game through steam, or the shortcut on my desktop, and after a moment of steam preparing it, my curser switches to the game curser, and the launcher appears. Though, after i press play, the launcher dissappears, and nothing else happens. Steam says the app is running, and the only way for me to end it is too go into the processes of task manager, and go to the top where it also shows that the launcher is running, and end it from there. i've installed and uninstalled it twice by now, i may have missed the part where you said to have windows show hidden folders, so perhaps i missed a hidden mount and blade folder after i uninstalled and deleted the remaining folder. i have no mods btw, and no explanation as to why this is happening. This is also the only thread i found in hours of searching where someone else had an issue sounding like mine. Seeing it resolved gave me hope, but it appears it hasn't worked for me yet. again i may have missed a hidden folder that i should now be able to see this time around, and once i reinstall bannerlord i'll see if it'll actually work for me. The last time i actually played it was in August, and i have 170 hours in the game, and now reinstalling it recently, i've never experienced such a thing like this where the game simply doesn't open after the launcher. any help or advice would be very much appreciated, as i hope to find out if new optimizations and patches will give me a more smooth experience then previously.

i beleive i've had this exact same issue. I open the game through steam, or the shortcut on my desktop, and after a moment of steam preparing it, my curser switches to the game curser, and the launcher appears. Though, after i press play, the launcher dissappears, and nothing else happens. Steam says the app is running, and the only way for me to end it is too go into the processes of task manager, and go to the top where it also shows that the launcher is running, and end it from there. i've installed and uninstalled it twice by now, i may have missed the part where you said to have windows show hidden folders, so perhaps i missed a hidden mount and blade folder after i uninstalled and deleted the remaining folder. i have no mods btw, and no explanation as to why this is happening. This is also the only thread i found in hours of searching where someone else had an issue sounding like mine. Seeing it resolved gave me hope, but it appears it hasn't worked for me yet. again i may have missed a hidden folder that i should now be able to see this time around, and once i reinstall bannerlord i'll see if it'll actually work for me. The last time i actually played it was in August, and i have 170 hours in the game, and now reinstalling it recently, i've never experienced such a thing like this where the game simply doesn't open after the launcher. any help or advice would be very much appreciated, as i hope to find out if new optimizations and patches will give me a more smooth experience then previously.
now looking into the remainder of the mount and blade folder after uninstalling, the only thing there is the steam app ID. i'll delete it anyways, and reinstall once again just in case.

now looking into the remainder of the mount and blade folder after uninstalling, the only thing there is the steam app ID. i'll delete it anyways, and reinstall once again just in case.
Hi! Sorry to hear that. Could you please try the steps here and let me know is the problem persists? Thanks in advance!

Hi! Sorry to hear that. Could you please try the steps here and let me know is the problem persists? Thanks in advance!
i managed to figure it out, it was my own mistake as my first attempt at this strategy, i didn't find and delete all the files like i thought i did. on my second attempt i tried to find and delete every file related to mount and blade after uninstalling. i managed to do that, knowing but not caring that my saves would be gone, and after the last install it seems to be working just fine. about to hop on right now. i appreciate the help and the strategy you gave to fix this seemingly mysterious issue, but i can't help but notice that this was the only thing related to this issue that i found after hours of googling potential fixes to this. most of what i found related to mods, which i have none of. Idk how likely it is, but if there was a way to make this thread more easier to find or something, instead of tucked away in a forum, it may help somone else having this same issue. Thank you for replying and again for the thorough step by step process of fixing this.

Back
Top Bottom